Peyton Out...ryan In?

wartownfalcon

Pretty funny half the pro bowlers are going to be out due t injury. I'm not sure how to solve it but the NFL has a major problem with the amount of injuries. We've had 10 players or so on IR the last two years, it is getting ridiculous.

Thanks to the new CBA and the league's fear of more injury lawsuits, the players are no longer tough and well-conditioned. As we saw with Konz and Holmes, some NFL players are so fat and/or out of shape, they can't climb a flight of steps without getting gassed. I think at this point they should do away with helmets and pads and play two-hand touch.

Hope not.

The probowl is an absolute joke. It means nothing.

I wish they would do away with it

^^^^^

This, times 1000. It's a pointless game that no one cares about.

Name the Probowlers at the end of the year, give them a plaque, trophy, whatever. Some guys have Probowl selection-type stuff written into their contracts.

Name 'em and let that be it.

Getting rid of it and having an NFL road show meet and greet that touched every NFL city would be cool. Players can take picures with the fans, have activities and lunches, sign autographs, have some skills. competitions. As a way of giving back to the fans who are increasingly asked to step up more financially each year. A PRO bowl is nothing more than a meaningless game and a free vacation for the players.

Pretty funny half the pro bowlers are going to be out due t injury. I'm not sure how to solve it but the NFL has a major problem with the amount of injuries.We've had 10 players or so on IR the last two years, it is getting ridiculous.

Wonder if it is because of the CBA? Anyone know injury stats before and after?

If the NFL were truly "forward thinking," they'd scrap the Pro Bowl. Football is much too physically demanding on its players to ask the very best to compete in a meaningless exhbition game at the end of the season.

To make up the revenue, they could have "skills competitions" during the week of the Super Bowl. It would draw ratings and showcase the kind of talent that fans want to see and the NFL is willing to deliver (it's not like the Pro Bowl features defense anyway). It wouldn't get all those who are injured to come back and participate, but it would snag several i bet.

Getting rid of it and having an NFL road show meet and greet that touched every NFL city would be cool. Players can take picures with the fans, have activities and lunches, sign autographs, have some skills. competitions. As a way of giving back to the fans who are increasingly asked to step up more financially each year. A PRO bowl is nothing more than a meaningless game and a free vacation for the players.

sorry i missed this post. i just posted the exact same thing. it's an easy alternative.