In A 7 Game Playoff Series...

Dirtybird#11

Could anyone really contain these Hawks? I mean we don't have a Melo or Lebron, but our ability to catch fire and run with it is beyond good. So this leads to my point could anyone either outscore us or just straight up stop us defensively in the playoffs?

Bulls and Raptors, but give me until March/April by then we should see the real picture cause I forgot where I said it, but I broke it down saying between games 0-20, 20-40, 40-60, and 60-82 supposed to see something.

Okay we were 14-6 from games 0-20 that's when getting back into the flow of it all everyone trying to figure it out work they're way into lineup shape etc.

Between 20-40 we are 18-2 that's the gelling period(which we've excelled at)

So games 40-60 we're going to see where this goes we are 1-0 right now, but this area of NBA is like are you legit/pretend.

Right now if we take on any teams in Playoffs we'd blow by Brooklyn no doubt, and think we'd have problem with the bulls, but I can't tell as of last night they didn't have Noah and we didn't use Dennis or Pero.

Bulls and Raptors, but give me until March/April by then we should see the real picture cause I forgot where I said it, but I broke it down saying between games 0-20, 20-40, 40-60, and 60-82 supposed to see something.

Okay we were 14-6 from games 0-20 that's when getting back into the flow of it all everyone trying to figure it out work they're way into lineup shape etc.

Between 20-40 we are 18-2 that's the gelling period(which we've excelled at)

So games 40-60 we're going to see where this goes we are 1-0 right now, but this area of NBA is like are you legit/pretend.

Right now if we take on any teams in Playoffs we'd blow by Brooklyn no doubt, and think we'd have problem with the bulls, but I can't tell as of last night they didn't have Noah and we didn't use Dennis or Pero.

Agreed and great post!

Nobody could contain us at our current level. We'd have them worn out midway through game two.

Defending the Hawks is as much a test of mental and psychological endurance as it is a physical challenge. Can defenders summon the energy and focus and commitment and sheer will to A) help contain the ball-handler, then B) anticipate the ball movement, then C) run like **** to close out on a shooter, then D) recover, rotate, and run like **** toward another shooter, all at a dead sprint, all the time, for 48 minutes, when there are shooters everywhere and it never works and after the first five minutes it starts to seem like nothing so much as trying to build a sandcastle in the actual ocean itself, like an interpretive dance whose meaning is "futility?"

Raptors gave us trouble early on so I wouldn't count them out either but their no more healthier than the Bulls are and frankly right now the Hawks are just playing on another level.

Only team that would worry me over the course of a 7 game series at their current health and makeup in the East might be the Wizards as I can easily see John Wall going off for a few games where all it would take is just a cold shooting night from our guys to give them the edge. But even there I feel like we're still going to be playing at a higher level than they are. (They've been incapable of running with us so far in the regular season)