I Want Jmd As Hc For 2 Reasons....

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes I would be disappointed , but in reality I know AB has been unpredictable with his HC hires. But I'm not on here talking about how we are going to change our schemes, etc...like people are about Quinn. People here are 100% convinced that Quinn is our HC just like they were convinced a week ago that Rex was our HC, then Bowles....

When he was hired on to Denver I was a fan. I even liked a lot of what he was doing. He's known for his vision and in that he would change this team around. I LIKED how he handled things with the media and even with his uppers. It was great. I even like his offense. Would not mind having him as an OC. Thing is, I think he would REALLY bum a lot of you out. This guy gets beside himself on what he thinks works because he is purely a visionary. Those trick plays are half Belichick. The main play I know was Josh was the 51 yd TC with Edelman. I promise you, if he found a way to get Blake, Marshall, or someone like that...you would see that guy a LOT in preseason. he gets really annoyed if the QB can't get mobile enough.

The only concern I have with Josh McDaniel is that he had a 39% win record in the NFL as a head coach - and was fired in his second year without allowing him to finish the year. 11-17 record doesn't promote confidence in his ability to win as a HC.

He was fired because of allegations of tampering, spying ala Spygate, and had an all around nasty disposition to his bosses.

Not talking about you KOG, and I appreciate that. If JMD does get hired , I hope you stay around. You've always been class act even in disagreements

I'm sticking it out and will lead his banner TBH. I needed to forgive. I have a REAL issue with cheating in games and that's what I was harping about. I wasn't being a very good Christian.

I told my wife I would quit if he came. She said, "Why?" So I gave her like 50 reasons going on down except for the cheating and she said, "So you don't like him because you would probably be best friends. He's your white twin. Get over it."

Wow. It's amazing how our so called Falcons family love to come out and hurl insults at others for no reason..lol. And people wonder why why so many old posters have left the boards..lol

I was here at the very beginning, and after my heart troubles in 2011, I quit hanging out here. It's too stressful, especially during the season. Too much griping and arguing. Now I just come to read and post when things are happening in the off-season mostly. This is the most I've posted in a very long time. I'm sure soon as we hire a coach I'll go away again.

I was here at the very beginning, and after my heart troubles in 2011, I quit hanging out here. It's too stressful, especially during the season. Too much griping and arguing. Now I just come to read and post when things are happening in the off-season mostly. This is the most I've posted in a very long time. I'm sure soon as we hire a coach I'll go away again.

Its going to get better man. I really miss your posts and wish I had known before. I just needed to grow up some more TBH with you. Hope to see you around more.

Anybody that would use diet anything in a mixed drink is a punk.

I use to drink 151 straight up with 211's chasing before I quit in '07. I wish I hadn't now. I also wish I had the common sense to have used diet drinks when I was drinking alcohol with a soft drink. Its already nothing but sugar.

Less diabetes for him bro.

Good to hear KOG... And good to see you agan thanatos. I've posted more this week than I have in the last year. I've been here for 15 years and only have 1000 posts..lol. Though I did lose a bit years ago when we done the boards. I will say no matter who our HC is I will support 100 percent.

I've been here about 10 or 11 years. I was The Crucible (a troll) and Legion before.

I use to drink 151 straight up with 211's chasing before I quit in '07. I wish I hadn't now. I also wish I had the common sense to have used diet drinks when I was drinking alcohol with a soft drink. Its already nothing but sugar.

Less diabetes for him bro.

I've been in the medical field for 20 years. And that Has convinced me to use diet drinks. Diabetes, Cirrohis, and Hep C is no joke... I don't care how cool you think you are

Being honest with you. I have guys who don't like me or whine about my whining. Its no big though. I wish they would realize they complain too and sometimes have sorry attitudes, but who cares. In RL I have a very small circle anyways so, I don't need everyone agreeing with me. Especially when their agreement would make me worry about myself a bit.

I totally agree.., I admit I use this place to vent some about the Birds, but that's it. But I've learned whose posts to look at those to look over. And it's kinda fun to jab about our preferences as HC, but in the end we all want that trophy, and I will not hurl personal insults at anyone just because they don't agree with my pov

I was killing myself bro. Newports, Black and Milds, heavy drinks. Serious bad stuff to the point where at 32 I was starting to look 45.

Bro I was the same way, and I seen this everyday, until a guy come in the er, that was my age, glowing yellow, liver shot, dying.., I was about 30 at the time. At that point is when I decided to start mixing all of my drinks, and cut my drinking back to weekends only.

Josh McDaniels might still get the job. It would be kind of funny if he did. Maybe he can bring Tebow in for the Wildcat Package.

A little over a week ago Quinn said he wanted to coach the New York Jets, now he wants to coach the Falcons. Austin just wants to coach. I read Kyle Shanahan will join John Fox in Chicago because he gets along good with Cutler. Maybe Gase comes to Atlanta as OC, but the OC will probably be Knapp or Malarkey. Either way board members commit suicide. It's a small world after all!

Its going to get better man. I really miss your posts and wish I had known before. I just needed to grow up some more TBH with you. Hope to see you around more.

Thanks! Heartwise, I'm in good shape. Of course my Doc would say I need to drop a ton of weight, lol. But, like you say, I did get older and wiser, no smoking or drinking these days. Near death experiences help you prioritize life. That's for the younger crowd.

I'm sticking it out and will lead his banner TBH. I needed to forgive. I have a REAL issue with cheating in games and that's what I was harping about. I wasn't being a very good Christian.

I told my wife I would quit if he came. She said, "Why?" So I gave her like 50 reasons going on down except for the cheating and she said, "So you don't like him because you would probably be best friends. He's your white twin. Get over it."

You got a good woman there. Good to know you won't be leaving if McDaniels comes here. Still think McDaniels is plan C if Quinn and Austin don't work out. Although it's looking like they'll have their choice of any of the 3.

It's all a crap shoot and everyone has their theories but however it shakes out people will be calling for their heads after the first lost..lol

We are going to talk strong X's and O's here because some say this and it is mostly wrong. You have to understand, most of these coaches are very single minded and aren't very good at speaking. Some will say things like "crap shoot" and really mean "the process is VERY difficult".

Getting a coach set the direction of your team. Basically if you have have to know what they are bringing. There is a big difference between Gase and Quinn even if you get Gase as the OC for Quinn, the offense will be different than if Gase is the HC and Quinn was the DC. If Gase is the HC the defense will be different than if Quinn is the HC.

So basically you have to find the direction of the HC. That will usually set the direction of the defense and offense even if he "defers" to the coordinator. Then there is the question of personnel, auxiliary, even the executives. This is why it seems like a "crap shoot" in the way we use it. There are a lot of variables.

I'm a defense guy. Say I have an OC who runs an ace and shotgun spread. Then a DC who specializes in the 3-4. The spread is somewhat extreme in the vert and I would know I cannot muzzle my OC, but cannot afford to BBDB on defense. Let's say the DC does not hybrid. So, I would have him to run his defense, only with Over/Under formations and simply ask the OC to make certain the main RB gets some carries no less than 15. (Billick, Tomlin, John Harbaugh, Rivera)

How the HC communicates with the coordinators changes things. Now, there are some HC's who install the offense and defense, but will hire good minds to run them. Also allowing them to add their fave formations and a few wrinkles in their own. (Saban, Carroll, Belichick, Mike Shanahan, Martz, Reeves, etc.)

The last type is a top bottom coach. He will simply make up his mind on the type of personnel and concept. Sure run your 46 Bear but I want huge DE's and small DT's. Sure run your power run scheme, but I want a smaller faster back. These guys tend to do really well as long as the offense and defenses are simple. (Mike Smith very few others)