When Quinn Gets Hired, I Wonder Who His Defensive Coordinator Gonna Be?

gafalcon1

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

My thoughts exactly. Bring the DLine coach over...I don't even know who that is, but those dudes ball out, so he must be a good coach.

Jones_Travis.jpgTravis Jones

Defensive Line; born June 6, 1972, Milledgville, Ga. Linebacker Georgia 1991-94. Pro linebacker Baltimore Stallions (CFL) 1995. College coach: Georgia 1997, Appalachian State 1998-2000, Kansas 2001-02, Louisiana State 2003-04. Pro coach: Miami Dolphins 2005-07, New Orleans Saints 2008-12; joined Seahawks in 2013.

Other Seahawks Defensive Coaches

MAN751824.jpgMarquand Manuel

Defensive Assistant; born July 11, 1979 in Miami, Fla. Defensive back Florida 1998-2001. Pro safety Cincinnati Bengals 2002-03, Seattle Seahawks 2004-05, Green Bay Packers 2006, Carolina Panthers 2007, Denver Broncos 2008, Detroit Lions 2009. College coach Florida 2011. Joined Seahawks in 2012.

Norton_Ken_10.jpgKen Norton Jr.

Linebackers; born September 29, 1966 in Jacksonville, Illinois. Linebacker UCLA 1984-87. Pro linebacker Dallas Cowboys 1988-1993, San Francisco 49ers 1994-2000. College coach 2004-09. Joined Seahawks in 2010.

Richard_Kris_10.jpgKris Richard

Secondary; born October 28, 1979, Carson, Calif. Cornerback USC 1998-2001. Pro cornerback Seattle Seahawks 2002-05, Miami Dolphins 2005, San Francisco 49ers 2005-06. College coach: USC 2008-09. Joined Seahawks in 2010.

Seto_Rocky_10.jpgRocky Seto

Defensive Passing Game Coordinator; born March 12, 1976, Los Angeles. Linebacker/safety Mt. San Antonio CC 1995-96, USC 1997-98. No pro playing experience. College coach: USC 1999-2009. Joined Seahawks in 2010.

Pat Kirwan seemed pretty confident that Quinn's OC here would be Gase with Shanahan going to Baltimore possibly.

As for the DC, good question. Maybe Mangini?

I think he'll try to bring one of the Seahawks defensive coaches over....Kris Richard, Ken Norton Jr...

There's a lot of talent on that staff...I think Quinn would feel more comfortable working with a colleague he had spent a lot of recent time with.

I think he'll try to bring one of the Seahawks defensive coaches over....Kris Richard, Ken Norton Jr...

There's a lot of talent on that staff...I think Quinn would feel more comfortable working with a colleague he had spent a lot of recent time with.

I would agree but a lot of times the guy leaving won't raid the current time out of respect for the head coach. Gus Bradley didn't from what I could tell.

I would agree but a lot of times the guy leaving won't raid the current time out of respect for the head coach. Gus Bradley didn't from what I could tell.

Good point Cap...but I did just read an article a couple of days ago that said Pete Carroll was very proactive in getting his coaches moving up the NFL ladder whenever he could.

I'm sure Quinn would definitely talk to Carroll before even approaching anyone on the Hawks staff.

It is possible, I am sure if Quinn left it would leave the Seahawks with an opening at DC as well, so they might have to be 2 good defensive coaches ready to be DC for us to get one of them.