Quinn Is A Pr Coach Hire.

I am now convinced Falcons wanted Quinn from day one because they could turn around and sell it to Atlanta public that they now have a coach that has won a Super Bowl and can lead us to the promise land. Just remember, the Falcons fired Leeman Bennett two years after he took them to the play-offs to hire Dan Henning who had just lead the Redskins to the Super Bowl. And I think Quinn is in for a rude awakening when he gets here and starts working with the talent we have on our roster. You can take hire Jeff Gordon to race for you but if he's used to driving Chevy's and you bring him in and give him a Go Kart, probably not going to have the same results. Talent wins in the NFL. Period. I have a feeling with the same underqualified front office drafting we will right back here in 4 years.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It could be. It certainly puts more pressure on Quinn, but it would've been a pressure filled position regardless. I think the one hire this offseason that speaks to your thinking is Rex Ryan and the Bills.

Falcons & Quinn less so. He is highly regarded and coveted with a good resume in regards to the areas we need improvement at.

I don't know why the OP even follows this team since it brings him such misery...

Then he tries to transfer the misery to the board but most of us are just laughing at him. laugh.pngcool.png

Well if we look at it that way what difference will it make what driver we hire cause you're saying our go kart sucks anyway....

exactly, according to dude's logic we might as well hire a circus performer as our head coach cuz our talent is so bad anyway. or maybe, just maybe, if we had a guy who had proven himself with good players, there's a chance he could help our lesser players succeed? or would that just be crazy talk

Cap, I am a 30+ year Falcon fan how am I supposed to think? A franchise that has NEVER had a defense. NEVER. But yet sits around and wonders why they have not won a Super Bowl. We always have a couple of good defensive players but NEVER EVER have had a stout defensive unit. How can it be so hard to draft 11 solid playmakers on defense? Seriously? How hard. If that was your only job year round to pick a starting 11 stud defensive players how hard could that be? I think the Falcons front office try to prove to everyone they are always the smartest person in the room or they always try to make a PR pick as opposed to picking the sure thing. I like the Quinn hire, not too happy with his job hopping and hope we don't have another Petrino on our hands. Who uses us for a couple of years and then bolts. Would rather see front office get creative and bring in some more candidates but hey it is what it is.

Cap, I am a 30+ year Falcon fan how am I supposed to think? A franchise that has NEVER had a defense. NEVER.

You are a liar.

The Grits Blitz defense that the Falcons had for a couple of years was one of the stingiest and best in the NFL. In 1977 they set a record for the fewest points allowed in a 14 game season.

Why don't you just quit?

Every time you post you look more and more desperate and less and less intelligent.

You are a liar.

The Grits Blitz defense that the Falcons had for a couple of years was one of the stingiest and best in the NFL. In 1977 they set a record for the fewest points allowed in a 14 game season.

Why don't you just quit?

Every time you post you look more and more desperate and less and less intelligent.

Yep, and the Falcons had a top 10 defense in 1998 I believe.

Cap, I am a 30+ year Falcon fan how am I supposed to think? A franchise that has NEVER had a defense. NEVER. But yet sits around and wonders why they have not won a Super Bowl. We always have a couple of good defensive players but NEVER EVER have had a stout defensive unit. How can it be so hard to draft 11 solid playmakers on defense? Seriously? How hard. If that was your only job year round to pick a starting 11 stud defensive players how hard could that be? I think the Falcons front office try to prove to everyone they are always the smartest person in the room or they always try to make a PR pick as opposed to picking the sure thing. I like the Quinn hire, not too happy with his job hopping and hope we don't have another Petrino on our hands. Who uses us for a couple of years and then bolts. Would rather see front office get creative and bring in some more candidates but hey it is what it is.

I'm not sure any of us truly understand how hard it is to put together an NFL roster especially with mulit-year contracts and a salary cap. Plus for many years, there was no free agency so you were kind of stuck with what you had. I share your frustration with the lack of defensive performance but the fact is that they DO know more than us fans and this is their job. Even the worlds worst coaching staff and front office will know more about the game of football and the business of football than I ever will.

Also Petrino? A couple of years then bolts? The Petrino's of the world are a special breed of cowardice and scum. It's just as hard to find a guy like that as it is to find a Don Schula.

None of us know if the next coach will be successful or not. We are fans so just sit back, hope for the best, root for the Falcons and maybe we will get lucky and get the right combo of coaching, talent, and luck required to win a championship.

Yea and what happened in 1998? Defense win championships. Period. Glad we are getting a defensive minded coach but what good is it going to do if we cant draft and evaluate talent?

You said the Falcons NEVER had a good defense. NEVER.

You want to retract that statement?

Setting a record for the fewest points allowed in a 14 game season in '77 is a GREAT defense.

You're wrong a helluva more than you're right.

I am now convinced Falcons wanted Quinn from day one because they could turn around and sell it to Atlanta public that they now have a coach that has won a Super Bowl and can lead us to the promise land. Just remember, the Falcons fired Leeman Bennett two years after he took them to the play-offs to hire Dan Henning who had just lead the Redskins to the Super Bowl. And I think Quinn is in for a rude awakening when he gets here and starts working with the talent we have on our roster. You can take hire Jeff Gordon to race for you but if he's used to driving Chevy's and you bring him in and give him a Go Kart, probably not going to have the same results. Talent wins in the NFL. Period. I have a feeling with the same underqualified front office drafting we will right back here in 4 years.

You have too much time & worry.

Rex = PR wet dream

Quinn = substance & toughness

Stop & pick some pickled peppers once in a while, you'll be glad you did.