Top Posters In This Topic

A friend of mine grew up in Drew, Ms. He said he

remembers Archie Manning as a little tyke throwing

rocks at the school bus. Somebody asked asked

Archie to verify the story and he said "yes, but you

have to understand we didn't have a lot of toys to

play with in Drew".

Jerry is going to deal with some that.

He came out of college with a lot of promise only to get hit with a gruesome injury. Injuries like that can lead to painkiller addictions, depression, among other things. Frankly, he didn't seem like he had the heart to do anything anymore when he told Smitty and TD he was retiring. I wouldn't rush to judgment on this just yet. If it's painkiller related or something like that, I can't do anything but feel sorry for the guy.

In all honesty, unless they are going around stealing from other people, I don't think prison is the right place for people hooked on drugs. Especially the prescription stuff they got exposed to due to injuries and other situations that led to addiction.

P.S. I know it doesn't say drugs, I'm just using that example because it's pretty common for former athletes to have drug addiction problems related to their injury history.

He came out of college with a lot of promise only to get hit with a gruesome injury. Injuries like that can lead to painkiller addictions, depression, among other things. Frankly, he didn't seem like he had the heart to do anything anymore when he told Smitty and TD he was retiring. I wouldn't rush to judgment on this just yet. If it's painkiller related or something like that, I can't do anything but feel sorry for the guy.

In all honesty, unless they are going around stealing from other people, I don't think prison is the right place for people hooked on drugs. Especially the prescription stuff they got exposed to due to injuries and other situations that led to addiction.

P.S. I know it doesn't say drugs, I'm just using that example because it's pretty common for former athletes to have drug addiction problems related to their injury history.

Oh...no...not judging him...its just that it went from him retiring....silence...and this. Its only an arrest...may not be anything worth charging. I just feel sad for him.

I recently read that he was Facebook or some social media freinds with a really bad gang of drug dealers in MIssissippi. This does not surprise me that we was arrested. I imagine after that injury he went off the track.

On another note, Jerry was an excellent player in college and showed the flashes of beast potential prior to the devastating knee injury. There was nothing the matter with the pick at that time based on the beast potential he was flashing . Any player can get permanently injured at any time, so it's ignorant to beat up TD based on a player having a single injury that ultimately robbed him of his explode step and ruined a promising career.