****** Official Gaming Thread ******

Tribal Chief

• 4 weeks later...

Having trouble signing up for $9.99 Gamepass for some reason. Keeps trying to offer me the 14.99 ultimate but I've not been playing online so I'd rather save the 5 bucks.

Wonder if they got rid of it or if Microsoft is playing games with me

8 hours ago, AF89 said:

Having trouble signing up for $9.99 Gamepass for some reason. Keeps trying to offer me the 14.99 ultimate but I've not been playing online so I'd rather save the 5 bucks.

Wonder if they got rid of it or if Microsoft is playing games with me

Probably got rid of it. Sometimes they’ll run a $1 special or 3 months for $24.99 but outside of that, you’ll be paying $14.99. 

I haven’t looked at the details but I bought a bag of chips this morning that supposedly came with a free month for new users. Since you aren’t currently an active user, it may or may not work for you

13 hours ago, Tribal Chief said:

Probably got rid of it. Sometimes they’ll run a $1 special or 3 months for $24.99 but outside of that, you’ll be paying $14.99. 

I haven’t looked at the details but I bought a bag of chips this morning that supposedly came with a free month for new users. Since you aren’t currently an active user, it may or may not work for you

It's still there, but they basically waited till my 14.99 expired tonight before they offered it to me at 9.99

It actually started as a 3 months for $1 and I let them auto renew me for October but i didnt want to waste my money this month

I honestly think it's a tactic they employ

And I mean I looked everywhere last night. Both in the Xbox marketplace and on thier website. Couldn't find it anywhere. Even tried to go into history to see if theyd let me just renew previous $9.99 subscriptions

Then boom right after it expired a $9.99 tab magically appears

13 hours ago, SacFalcFan said:

I finally got a PS5 and got the new horizon game as part of the package.  What other PS5 games do you guys recommend?

Elden Ring is the game of the decade, so definitely that. But be prepared, it can be very challenging and induce rage quits daily if you can't handle it.  

One of my favorite things about the game has been looking at compilation videos on YouTube of people raging at the game, lol. There is something hilarious about seeing pro gamers lose their ish just like everyone else. 🤣 

On 11/5/2022 at 8:31 AM, RandomFan said:

Elden Ring is the game of the decade, so definitely that. But be prepared, it can be very challenging and induce rage quits daily if you can't handle it.  

One of my favorite things about the game has been looking at compilation videos on YouTube of people raging at the game, lol. There is something hilarious about seeing pro gamers lose their ish just like everyone else. 🤣 

Thanks man.. I will be getting that as well.  Awesome video.. lol 

17 hours ago, Googlywoogly said:

This is an accurate representation of the new player experience.

Pretty much, lol. I had never played a FromSoftware game title before so I had no clue what I was getting into. It was in a word...brutal. But I loved that it was actually challenging and didn't spoon feed you the game to cater to casuals. Checked out some youtube vids for some tips and tricks, died a lot, and I mean a LOT, slowly got better at the game and now on my most recent playthrough i went through without even wearing any armor. 

@SacFalcFan  if/when you do get the game then hit me up. I can hook you up with a few beginner videos and tips that will make the experience a lot more enjoyable. A youtuber named FightinCowboy has a detailed video game guide on his channel and it's ery thorough; however I would recommend NOT following it or any other guide on your first playthrough. Part of the joy of this game is how huge it is and just running around and exploring things on your own. Obviously look online if you need help with a certain boss or questline, but the best way to do the first playthrough is blind. 

14 hours ago, RandomFan said:

Pretty much, lol. I had never played a FromSoftware game title before so I had no clue what I was getting into. It was in a word...brutal. But I loved that it was actually challenging and didn't spoon feed you the game to cater to casuals. Checked out some youtube vids for some tips and tricks, died a lot, and I mean a LOT, slowly got better at the game and now on my most recent playthrough i went through without even wearing any armor. 

@SacFalcFan  if/when you do get the game then hit me up. I can hook you up with a few beginner videos and tips that will make the experience a lot more enjoyable. A youtuber named FightinCowboy has a detailed video game guide on his channel and it's ery thorough; however I would recommend NOT following it or any other guide on your first playthrough. Part of the joy of this game is how huge it is and just running around and exploring things on your own. Obviously look online if you need help with a certain boss or questline, but the best way to do the first playthrough is blind. 

First for me as well.  Once I figured out how to stop getting dead just running from point A to point B I really enjoyed the game.  I did 3 play throughs one after the other.  Getting rolled over and killed by Fire Giant multiple times almost made me quit forever on my first playthrough.

Edited by Googlywoogly
typing is hard

On 11/4/2022 at 6:30 PM, SacFalcFan said:

I finally got a PS5 and got the new horizon game as part of the package.  What other PS5 games do you guys recommend?

A little late to the party, but Horizon is a good one to start with. A lot of fun. 

But I think other people hit the nail on the head with Elden Ring. It’s incredibly hard, but so much fun. Everything you get you earn and it feels great. Plus George R.R. Martin was a writer so the story is great too. Honestly think it might be the best game I’ve ever played which I never thought I’d say.

On 11/8/2022 at 4:23 PM, RandomFan said:

Yes to all this. It’s so much fun just to play through and do what you want. I remember very early on in my first play through I got teleported to Volcano Manor and was so lost. But that’s the joy in it. You explore and sometimes you are nicely rewarded and other times you are punished, but that’s the joy. 

Hoping we get some DLC soon…

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/7/2022 at 4:59 AM, Tribal Chief said:

Daughters just added some Bratz Fashion Show game to the black friday list. So far I plan to grab

Mario Strikers

Animal Crossing: New Horizons

Gotham Knights

Midnight Suns (December 2) :(

I'm sure there was something else but I forgot

what do you think of far cry 6?  they have it for 9 bucks on bestbuy and Assassin's Creed Valhalla Standard Edition is like 15 bucks. They have ring elder for 39 bucks.