ya_boi_j

****** Official Gaming Thread ******

1,899 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, ya_boi_j said:

@SpongeDad was looking to buy a Xbox One S on letgo for $80, this ***** thought she had a fool, 

First $80 was a red flag so I was ready for some stupid ****. I ask when can she meet she says her baby daddy has her car and it's in the impound. Then she says just send the money through Western Union. LMAO she really tried that. 

I'll keep an eye out for a cheap One S for you.

ya_boi_j likes this

1 minute ago, SpongeDad said:

I'll keep an eye out for a cheap One S for you.

Cool thanks. I posted the screenshot but it may not show good

SpongeDad likes this

Not video game related but I’m gonna take a chance with this dude. He’s got over 85k followers so I’m praying he’s legit. Wanna get a pic of my nephew on canvas. Ok skip the Karen Civil tweet. Tried to post without that

Carter likes this

Destiny 2 has recently gone "free to play".  I've been a PS4 player since day one of Destiny 1 1 (6 + years).  If you like looter shooters it is worth a try.  Unmatched gun play and the developers have made large strides in making a game that is fun to play.  100 percent better than it was when it released 3ish years ago.  Look for Destiny 2:  Shadow Keep, and/or New Light.

With the new free to play model I downloaded New Light on Steam to give it a try on PC.  The PC version is much better than the PS4 version in my opinion (much larger field of view, and the game isn't capped at 30 frames per second like it is on console).

https://www.polygon.com/destiny-2-guide-walkthrough/2019/10/1/20885546/new-light-beginners-tips-tricks-advice-starting-guardian-tower

Carter likes this

4 hours ago, Googlywoogly said:

Destiny 2 has recently gone "free to play".  I've been a PS4 player since day one of Destiny 1 1 (6 + years).  If you like looter shooters it is worth a try.  Unmatched gun play and the developers have made large strides in making a game that is fun to play.  100 percent better than it was when it released 3ish years ago.  Look for Destiny 2:  Shadow Keep, and/or New Light.

With the new free to play model I downloaded New Light on Steam to give it a try on PC.  The PC version is much better than the PS4 version in my opinion (much larger field of view, and the game isn't capped at 30 frames per second like it is on console).

https://www.polygon.com/destiny-2-guide-walkthrough/2019/10/1/20885546/new-light-beginners-tips-tricks-advice-starting-guardian-tower

If you're staying on PS4, we should try to play together some time. I've been playing since The Dark Below.

Googlywoogly likes this

@SpongeDad question/advice since you do it more than me. I’m going to sell the Wii U. I have the Gamepad and a Luigi wand. I can’t seem to find the attachment controller that connects with the wand. I have Mario Kart 8, Super Smash Bro’s U and the Mario game+Luigi game that came with it. System shows signs of wear but everything else is like new. Well the games are brand new. 

Visualizing what you’ve read, what would you consider a good price. Personally I was thinking $150 due to it coming with Mario Kart and Super Smash Bro’s. **** the Gamepad itself is worth more than $79 alone lol

6 minutes ago, ya_boi_j said:

@SpongeDad question/advice since you do it more than me. I’m going to sell the Wii U. I have the Gamepad and a Luigi wand. I can’t seem to find the attachment controller that connects with the wand. I have Mario Kart 8, Super Smash Bro’s U and the Mario game+Luigi game that came with it. System shows signs of wear but everything else is like new. Well the games are brand new. 

Visualizing what you’ve read, what would you consider a good price. Personally I was thinking $150 due to it coming with Mario Kart and Super Smash Bro’s. **** the Gamepad itself is worth more than $79 alone lol

Ebay sold listings are between $75-$85 with no games. Probably get $100-$110 with the games- before fees. You'd get more selling it on facebook or letgo.

ya_boi_j likes this

2 minutes ago, SpongeDad said:

Ebay sold listings are between $75-$85 with no games. Probably get $100-$110 with the games- before fees. You'd get more selling it on facebook or letgo.

Here’s where I’m selling so you can get an idea of why I came up with that price. I’ve sold and bought here several times. Of course, I wouldn’t be against less but no less than $100  I glanced at eBay, most are going from $125 on up. I should have been clear, I have everything, not only the game pad 

https://swappa.com/gaming/nintendo-wii-u

SpongeDad likes this

2 minutes ago, SpongeDad said:

I bought my phone from that site. I didn't know they sold video games....

Yep. See the edited post. I wasn’t detailed before you replied. 

15 hours ago, Padawan Knight said:

If you're staying on PS4, we should try to play together some time. I've been playing since The Dark Below.

Since you've been playing for that long you may find this Reddit post to be comical. I literally LOL'd reading it.  (NSFW, coarse language).

Well I think I’m gonna pick up The Outer Worlds. Still need to finish some other games and Borderlands 3 is still holding my attention whenever I get around to playing a game. TOW looks really really good though.

On 10/24/2019 at 1:02 AM, Carter said:

Well I think I’m gonna pick up The Outer Worlds. Still need to finish some other games and Borderlands 3 is still holding my attention whenever I get around to playing a game. TOW looks really really good though.

Its basically fallout in space. I'm currently playing it for free on pc though via ultimate game pass.

On 10/22/2019 at 0:21 PM, ya_boi_j said:

I'm buying it but got dang

I don't think the ps5 is going to be $600... more like $500.

@SpongeDad so I sold the Wii U on Swappa. Let it go for $120 just to get rid of it. When I tell you the buyer thought he had a fool lol

He put in the sale page that the console was falling apart and that the power kept shutting off and that the Gamepad kept flickering. So of course the Swappa member said that I needed to respond. Accordingly I just went ahead and issued a refund and told him to ship it back. 

That Monday I asked for an update and he hits me with this story saying that he told his friend at work about it and the friend said that it was a capacitor and blah blah blah and that he was going to take it to a computer shop. I told him that's cool but I didn't ask you to so if you decide to get something worked on then we can work out a final payment. He obliged.

Next day he says that it was the capacitor and a wire was loose and some other ####### and that it would be $33. I told him if he wants to get it fixed take it out of what I refunded and just pay me $50 and we can call it a day. This fool thought I was about to send him $33 and he keeps the console. So I called him out on it because in reality he was trying to get a free console and money out of me. I played that system for well over 2 hours before posting it and had zero issues. He got pissed and I didn't give a ****. 

Finally I get the console back, mind you he didn't put the bubble wrap back on it or anything. When I tell you I've been playing Mario Kart online for hours every day since I got it back last week. That's just further proof that he thought he had a fool lol. He told a complete lie just to get his money back then wanted more money in the end along with a free *** console

SpongeDad likes this

2 hours ago, ya_boi_j said:

@SpongeDad so I sold the Wii U on Swappa. Let it go for $120 just to get rid of it. When I tell you the buyer thought he had a fool lol

He put in the sale page that the console was falling apart and that the power kept shutting off and that the Gamepad kept flickering. So of course the Swappa member said that I needed to respond. Accordingly I just went ahead and issued a refund and told him to ship it back. 

That Monday I asked for an update and he hits me with this story saying that he told his friend at work about it and the friend said that it was a capacitor and blah blah blah and that he was going to take it to a computer shop. I told him that's cool but I didn't ask you to so if you decide to get something worked on then we can work out a final payment. He obliged.

Next day he says that it was the capacitor and a wire was loose and some other ####### and that it would be $33. I told him if he wants to get it fixed take it out of what I refunded and just pay me $50 and we can call it a day. This fool thought I was about to send him $33 and he keeps the console. So I called him out on it because in reality he was trying to get a free console and money out of me. I played that system for well over 2 hours before posting it and had zero issues. He got pissed and I didn't give a ****. 

Finally I get the console back, mind you he didn't put the bubble wrap back on it or anything. When I tell you I've been playing Mario Kart online for hours every day since I got it back last week. That's just further proof that he thought he had a fool lol. He told a complete lie just to get his money back then wanted more money in the end along with a free *** console

It probably would have been best to sell it locally like on FB marketplace that way they can play with it a moment and hand you the cash. 

ya_boi_j likes this

11 minutes ago, SpongeDad said:

It probably would have been best to sell it locally like on FB marketplace that way they can play with it a moment and hand you the cash. 

no doubt. I won't sell another console on there again because that was some BS

SpongeDad likes this

I swore I would never use Swappa again after someone sold me a stolen phone on there and nothing could be done about it. Swappa customer service said they can’t verify the phones are legit for legal reasons about collecting IMEI numbers and the seller said they had actually purchased the phone from someone else and never used it because they got another one at the same time. She said after she paid for the phone she never heard from the person again but didn’t think much of it. I contacted Sprint to see if I could unlock the phone and they told me it was blacklisted and flagged as stolen and the only person who could unflag it is the original owner who reported it. Couldn’t get a refund, couldn’t even get the person’s info to return their stolen phone to them. I said nope never again. I don’t even **** with Facebook market or eBay neither. 

ya_boi_j likes this

On 10/30/2019 at 9:26 PM, Carter said:

I swore I would never use Swappa again after someone sold me a stolen phone on there and nothing could be done about it. Swappa customer service said they can’t verify the phones are legit for legal reasons about collecting IMEI numbers and the seller said they had actually purchased the phone from someone else and never used it because they got another one at the same time. She said after she paid for the phone she never heard from the person again but didn’t think much of it. I contacted Sprint to see if I could unlock the phone and they told me it was blacklisted and flagged as stolen and the only person who could unflag it is the original owner who reported it. Couldn’t get a refund, couldn’t even get the person’s info to return their stolen phone to them. I said nope never again. I don’t even **** with Facebook market or eBay neither. 

I thought the entire purpose of providing the IMEI was to prevent that. Whoever sold that phone must have used a good IMEI and sold you the stolen one. That's BS. eBay and Facebook I would never trust for a phone. You run a much higher risk of getting scammed 

17 hours ago, Nereek said:

Death Stranding, a repetitive, delivery, walking simulator movie game. 

Overrated crap.

Never had any interest in it since the first trailer I saw. Looked boring to me. I think I mentioned it before on here... I never really got the hype. Haven’t seen anything that has changed my mind about it. A lot of people seem to be enjoying it though so whatever lol

7 hours ago, Carter said:

Never had any interest in it since the first trailer I saw. Looked boring to me. I think I mentioned it before on here... I never really got the hype. Haven’t seen anything that has changed my mind about it. A lot of people seem to be enjoying it though so whatever lol

Kojima hype.