ya_boi_j

****** Official Gaming Thread ******

1,792 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Carter said:

The game being broken up into different parts is the biggest turn off for me. I was expecting the battle system to be changed drastically but I actually like the way this one looks, personally. 

Supposedly they are expanding the Midgar portion to a “full length” game, which I’m not exactly thrilled about. Taking a section of game that was originally just a handful of hours and stretching it out to 20+ sounds awful. But I guess we will see. I’ll be one of the suckers playing it.

Just imagine this.

Part 1 2020, part 2 2025 and part 3 2030. Ps6 and xbox three will both be out by then. 

I guess this remake wont have chocobo breeding where you get different color chocobo's, so no gold(?) chocobo, no knights of the round summon.

Speaking of summons, something tells me theres going to be very little summons, if any at all.

1 hour ago, Nereek said:

Just imagine this.

Part 1 2020, part 2 2025 and part 3 2030. Ps6 and xbox three will both be out by then. 

I guess this remake wont have chocobo breeding where you get different color chocobo's, so no gold(?) chocobo, no knights of the round summon.

Speaking of summons, something tells me theres going to be very little summons, if any at all.

Deer lowered, if they take out anything like that I’m sure fans will burn down the building. I won’t even buy it if they take out legacy stuff like chocobo breeding and KotR. Or the freaking world map for that matter. Summons should be in it. It’s kinda funny/depressing to think about how far away that is though. Do you even get a summon materia in Midgar in the original? I don’t remember.

Gonna be interesting to see how they rework the materia system though.

Really not impressed with them splitting the game up. Zero fans wanted that.

23 minutes ago, Carter said:

Deer lowered, if they take out anything like that I’m sure fans will burn down the building. I won’t even buy it if they take out legacy stuff like chocobo breeding and KotR. Or the freaking world map for that matter. Summons should be in it. It’s kinda funny/depressing to think about how far away that is though. Do you even get a summon materia in Midgar in the original? I don’t remember.

Gonna be interesting to see how they rework the materia system though.

Really not impressed with them splitting the game up. Zero fans wanted that.

I dont think you do get a summon in Midgar, but I cant remember either.

On 5/28/2019 at 5:52 PM, Leon Troutsky said:

Hey, so I’m reading a ton about this new Oculus Quest VR headset that came out last week.  I was thinking about the PSVR since I have a PS4, but after reading some reviews I kind of passed on it.  And I don’t have a gaming computer — nor am I going to buy one — so the other Oculus headsets were never a consideration.

Anyone do VR or know anything about the Oculus Quest?  I’m kind of seriously considering buying one.

Hey man I gave you false info about the first edition psvr. It doesn’t support HDR. It’s been so long since I’ve used it I thought it didnt work period on my PS4 Pro. I hooked it up today and the upscale 4K resolution is there just not hdr. Sorry about that wrong info

1 minute ago, ya_boi_j said:

Hey man I gave you false info about the first edition psvr. It doesn’t support HDR. It’s been so long since I’ve used it I thought it didnt work period on my PS4 Pro. I hooked it up today and the upscale 4K resolution is there just not hdr. Sorry about that wrong info

No worries.  The crazy set up is what drove me away from the psvr.  The one big knock on the Quest right now is the price of games, most of which are only a few hours long and limited replayability.  There’s talk that there could be around 100 games available for the quest by the end of the year.  I’m hoping that pushes the price of games down dramatically and I’m hoping they put up a few more full scale games in the future.  Not sure they could ever do a full version of skyrim (limited harddrive space on quest), but something like that but smaller scale would be great.  

ya_boi_j likes this

2 minutes ago, Leon Troutsky said:

No worries.  The crazy set up is what drove me away from the psvr.  The one big knock on the Quest right now is the price of games, most of which are only a few hours long and limited replayability.  There’s talk that there could be around 100 games available for the quest by the end of the year.  I’m hoping that pushes the price of games down dramatically and I’m hoping they put up a few more full scale games in the future.  Not sure they could ever do a full version of skyrim (limited harddrive space on quest), but something like that but smaller scale would be great.  

The lack of games for the vr systems is a real bummer at this point. If they can get close to or over 100 games in the next 6 months that would be awesome. I think I’m going to go ahead and buy the five nights at Freddie’s and play with my daughter today. Give us both a little jump scare

11 minutes ago, ya_boi_j said:

The lack of games for the vr systems is a real bummer at this point. If they can get close to or over 100 games in the next 6 months that would be awesome. I think I’m going to go ahead and buy the five nights at Freddie’s and play with my daughter today. Give us both a little jump scare

It’s not just the lack of games.  It’s the expense of each game relative to amount of gameplay.  $30-40 for a game that lasts 10 hours or so and isn’t very replayable is insane.  After spending $400 on the hardware, you could easy drop another $300-400 on about a dozen games and have them all played out in a few weeks.  

The hardware part of the quest is amazing.  The potential is there and I’m assuming the price on games will drop over time.  But at this point, people are paying a huge premium for early adoption of the quest.  

On 6/13/2019 at 4:40 PM, Nereek said:

I dont think you do get a summon in Midgar, but I cant remember either.

Well I just saw that the digital deluxe version available for preorder on the PlayStation store includes 3 summon materia as a bonus. Two of which aren’t in the original game to begin with. :huh:

10 hours ago, Carter said:

Well I just saw that the digital deluxe version available for preorder on the PlayStation store includes 3 summon materia as a bonus. Two of which aren’t in the original game to begin with. :huh:

Not surprised, they needed more content.

Not sure how many people game on iPads, but it’s typically not been a big thing for me except when I’m traveling.  But for those of you who do some gaming on iPads, I’ve been testing out the iOS 13 beta for the past week or so.

Specifically, the new version allows use of a PS4 or Xbox one controller on the iPad.  The setup is super easy and in the beta using it is seamless across apps.  At least for the apps that support them.  I’m hoping that support eventually comes to Elder Scrolls: Blades (I’m also beta testing it for the past few months) because that would be fantastic.  But for the games where it’s supported, it’s really nice and simple to use.

Will update if anyone is interested.

Getting ready to invest in a $60 gaming chair. My freakin back and neck is starting to hurt from this chair I’ve been sitting on

By the way, I realized a few weeks ago the other reason why I didn’t go for the PSVR — it only has 3 degrees of freedom while the Oculus Quest has 6 degrees of freedom, meaning you don’t have to play standing still or sitting in a chair.  You can walk around.  

ya_boi_j likes this

On 6/11/2019 at 11:40 PM, Carter said:

I dunno about yall but this battle system gameplay looks pretty legit to me.

I hadn’t seen this. Thanks. That was an epic first big battle. I hope that level of intensity can be maintained throughout. Gameplay reminiscent of Ff12 except better.  

6 hours ago, Leon Troutsky said:

By the way, I realized a few weeks ago the other reason why I didn’t go for the PSVR — it only has 3 degrees of freedom while the Oculus Quest has 6 degrees of freedom, meaning you don’t have to play standing still or sitting in a chair.  You can walk around.  

this is correcto-mundo. If one of the kiddies decide to be an *** hole, cords coming out, PS4 possibly hitting the floor.

7 hours ago, VTCrunkler said:

I hadn’t seen this. Thanks. That was an epic first big battle. I hope that level of intensity can be maintained throughout. Gameplay reminiscent of Ff12 except better.  

Yeah it’s something like a mix of FF12 and 15. I wasn’t really a fan of the FF15 battle system but this looks pretty good to me. Would prefer they stayed a bit more true to the original turn based style but they aren’t and this looks good I think.

My biggest concern is how they handle the world map. That was something else I didn’t like about 15. They made it huge for the sake of scale and it just wasn’t interesting imo. Not to mention the airship. I hated the car in 15 and making it into the flying car was a waste of time and potential. FF7 remake better have great world map design and total freedom of movement with the airship.

1 hour ago, Carter said:

Yeah it’s something like a mix of FF12 and 15. I wasn’t really a fan of the FF15 battle system but this looks pretty good to me. Would prefer they stayed a bit more true to the original turn based style but they aren’t and this looks good I think.

My biggest concern is how they handle the world map. That was something else I didn’t like about 15. They made it huge for the sake of scale and it just wasn’t interesting imo. Not to mention the airship. I hated the car in 15 and making it into the flying car was a waste of time and potential. FF7 remake better have great world map design and total freedom of movement with the airship.

You know. I forgot all about 15. And I have it and beat it. I didn’t even drive the car I put it on auto. I did fly it to get to that secret board. You need to play it if you haven’t. It’s unique in the ff games. Yeah the battle system was another logical progression. Free flow. 15 wasn’t the best but it was a good game that I enjoyed. I never completed the after game adventure. The music was lacking compared to others. 

Im hyped based off the trailer for the 7 remake.  I played it on the ps2 and even then the graphics are borderline unbearable. I want the remake not to fizzle after the first intro part. 

I cant wait for next March. Was thinking of kingdom hearts three to tide me over. 

Carter likes this

9 minutes ago, VTCrunkler said:

You know. I forgot all about 15. And I have it and beat it. I didn’t even drive the car I put it on auto. I did fly it to get to that secret board. You need to play it if you haven’t. It’s unique in the ff games. Yeah the battle system was another logical progression. Free flow. 15 wasn’t the best but it was a good game that I enjoyed. I never completed the after game adventure. The music was lacking compared to others. 

Im hyped based off the trailer for the 7 remake.  I played it on the ps2 and even then the graphics are borderline unbearable. I want the remake not to fizzle after the first intro part. 

I cant wait for next March. Was thinking of kingdom hearts three to tide me over. 

Yeah like soon after you leave Midgar there’s that part where you have to get through the marsh with the gigantic snake in it that chases you as soon as you step foot in the marsh. And you cant outrun it or beat it at that point so you have to catch a chocobo to outrun the shadow. That was a cool and tense part that happens entirely on the world map... I just can’t see how they do it if they try to go all FF15 with the world map.

I’m gonna be picking up Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3 and the new Fire Emblem game in a few weeks to scratch the gaming itch until Borderlands 3 comes out. I’m actually really excited for the FF7 remake also.

1 hour ago, Carter said:

Yeah like soon after you leave Midgar there’s that part where you have to get through the marsh with the gigantic snake in it that chases you as soon as you step foot in the marsh. And you cant outrun it or beat it at that point so you have to catch a chocobo to outrun the shadow. That was a cool and tense part that happens entirely on the world map... I just can’t see how they do it if they try to go all FF15 with the world map.

I’m gonna be picking up Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3 and the new Fire Emblem game in a few weeks to scratch the gaming itch until Borderlands 3 comes out. I’m actually really excited for the FF7 remake also.

Like this part in general  

I think the remake will have no problem recreating this.  The world map on 15 and really the whole theme was that it was too realistic. It was different and broke from the series themes in general. But it had to be done at some point. I never liked 8 fwiw. 

Sounds like you have a solid game plan till then. 

I just watched the final battle between the avengers and dr doom. Why does it look like a direct advanced duplicate of the final battle in ultimate alliance 2