ya_boi_j

****** Official Gaming Thread ******

1,772 posts in this topic

I'm rather enjoying EA Sports UFC on PS4 right now. The controls are (by and large) pretty intuitive and the strategy aspect is pretty nuanced.

Finished Walking Dead Season 2...meh, not bad but not nearly as great as the first season.

Never Alone and Life is Strange are two great Indie games. Can't wait for the next Life is Strange episode..fascinating concept for a game. Also can't wait for the new Game of Thrones episode...not as good as I had hoped, but still pretty great.

I'm rather enjoying EA Sports UFC on PS4 right now. The controls are (by and large) pretty intuitive and the strategy aspect is pretty nuanced.

Finished Walking Dead Season 2...meh, not bad but not nearly as great as the first season.

Never Alone and Life is Strange are two great Indie games. Can't wait for the next Life is Strange episode..fascinating concept for a game. Also can't wait for the new Game of Thrones episode...not as good as I had hoped, but still pretty great.

I watched iMAV3RIQ play life is strange. I have to admit, it was a pretty interesting game.

Got something for ya Grrrillapmpn. This youtuber I watch just started his all pro 2k8 series

1 SECOND LEFT!! | All Pro Football 2K8 GAMEPLAY Scrimmage: http://youtu.be/_KBG34fkMeY

Got a tight knit group of guys I play with. We recreate NFL teams and okay simulation style, ten minute quarters, pointing on fourth down and all that.

Here are two of the guys I play with in a game. We try to get the uniforms as accurate as possible and everything. I'm a real problem on apf. But to be fair we found a way to build teams with 20+ created players instead of the standard eleven.

Kinda boring if you're not into the nuances of video game football.

ya_boi_j likes this

That first game of thrones episode was gut wrenching, 2nd only to the final episode of the 1st season of Walking Dead. Yeah 2nd season wasn't as good though Clementine (depending on how you play it I guess) is turning into a real G.

Got a tight knit group of guys I play with. We recreate NFL teams and okay simulation style, ten minute quarters, pointing on fourth down and all that.

Here are two of the guys I play with in a game. We try to get the uniforms as accurate as possible and everything. I'm a real problem on apf. But to be fair we found a way to build teams with 20+ created players instead of the standard eleven.

Kinda boring if you're not into the nuances of video game football.

good video

Joe Montana Football 16 was announced last July simply to make its existence known along with the intent for it to release this coming summer. No information about the game was provided and since then very little has been disseminated. Originally thought to be just a mobile game the developers or Montana who seems to be running the show have left the eventual platforms open to speculation.

A post made by a new user, with absolutely no established history, on the Operation Sports forum is creating a bit of a stir. Generally something random like that would be tossed aside as a likely attempt at trolling the readership. However some want to put stock into it because of the effort that evidently went into writing it, and because theyre hopefully for another NFL game, but the details within are sketchy at best.

Factually, and logically, there are some things that work against the credibility of the story.

The game is called Joe Montana NFL Football 16. This is an NFL game. First-party stipulations that the NFL has always left open & the NFLs exclusive relationship with Microsoft allows for Microsoft to have an NFL game. Microsoft Studios is the publisher.

This right here could be enough to discredit the entirety of the post. The NFL exclusive license that EA secured in 2005 and renewed multiple times has never allowed for a first-party (Microsoft, Sony, Nintendo) to make a licensed game. That was the case in baseball, where 2K Sports secured a third-party license, but EA Sports had the full exclusive on consoles and PC. The agreement did not include mobile or social gaming, which is why many companies have secured licensing for games on mobile devices and Facebook.

That being said EA stealthily renewed the license again before it was set to expire following Madden NFL 25. The company dodged comment on the status of exclusivity in the agreement which raised some eyebrows. Its possible the deal EA and the NFL has now is no longer exclusive. I even floated the idea that something could have been in the works back then as it wouldve explained EAs silence on the matter.

However the way the author of the post states the information, as though it has been an option for Microsoft over the last 10 years and theyre only now taking advantage of the loophole, is entirely inaccurate.

First and foremost, this game will be for XBOX One and PC only. This is why they havent mentioned platforms. Theyre taking early advantage of the Windows 10 cross-plat tech and the game will be out as part of 10s 3-month launch cycle in the middle of this year.

Microsoft is deadly serious about gaining ground and winning the console war (doubtful to happen at this point though) and throwing tons of money at incubation and trying to buy new IP that they can turn into big series titles is top priority for them right now. They believe this game can be many times bigger than MLB The Show due to the larger NFL fanbase, and because so many XBOX One owners identify as serious NFL fans.

Certainly there are enough to fans to potentially support two football titles. The question hasnt just been about exclusivity however, rather the development costs to build a game essentially from the ground-up. It would take exceptional effort and money to do so, plus the licensing costs, and even then the new game would be fighting for only a segment of the market. It would be a difficult project for any developer and publisher to justify.

Microsoft could definitely use an exclusive like this though, and it would have much greater impact than baseball, where the majority who are interested (and thats just a fraction of those who buy NBA, NFL, or FIFA) have already purchased a PS4. A new NFL game would become a selling point to those trying to decide between the Xbox One and PS4, and those already with a PS4 who previously didnt see a reason to have both. I would have no idea how the game would line up with Windows 10s release given that theres no date attached to it yet besides late 2015″ which wouldnt seem to line up with a game planned for the summer.

The game was demoed and it went well. Actually, well is an understatement. People went crazy. NDAs were and still are in place for them. Thats why you havent heard anyone saying anything, but a lot of people are having a very hard time because what they seen was unbelievable and its been impossible to go back to Madden or even take Madden seriously after that. Its like, how you felt when you had an NES and you saw Sega Genesis for the first time. The step up in quality is THAT big.

The graphics, animations and AI are all obscenely good and modern. It looks like a game that was built for this new generation, not just a port over from last generation with a ton of sloppy tweaks. The animations are easily the most crisp of any sports game ever made. Comparing the animations to Madden, its going make Madden look like a PS1 game by comparison. This is going to be embarrassing for EA Tiburon, like The Show Vs MLB 2K and NBA 2K vs NBA Live embarrassing.

This is some extreme hyperbole, and reads as though this person has a rooting interest either in the upcoming game in some capacity or in creating a stir in a trolling attempt. Itd be great if it were true, but people going crazy, what was seen was unbelievable, impossible to go back to Maddenor take it seriously, most crisp sports game ever made, Madden will look like a PS1 game by comparison, and embarrassing for EA these statements do nothing to make the poster seem like a reliable source. It sounds just like how EA employees tried selling the next-gen version of Madden 06 actually and everyone knows how that game turned out.

Expect Joe Montana NFL Football 16 out in Mid-late July.

This is another major problem with the post, that which relates the the prospective release date. The idea that the NFL would allow another licensed product to release 4-6 weeks before Madden is just not believable. That the NFL, who has been in a tight relationship with EA for so long, and still works closely with them while accepting hundreds of millions of dollars from them, would allow a competitor to come in and undercut their sales is simply not a realistic scenario.

Theres a reason why the contracts in sports where there are competing titles specify restrictions on release dates. For example, MLB games can not go out before the first Tuesday in March, while NBA games cant release prior to the first Tuesday in October. Otherwise the fighting to be the first out of the gate would never end. An unlicensed game, like All-Pro Football 2K8, has the freedom to release whenever the publisher would desire.

Theres reason to be intrigued by whats going on with Joe Montana Football 16. However it would not be wise to get invested in the project as though it will be some savior to those who have been dissatisfied with Madden. Everyone will root for more sports games and the competition that would create but until there are some facts at hand, not just rumors with questionable credibility and motive, its best not to get hopes up too high.

That first game of thrones episode was gut wrenching, 2nd only to the final episode of the 1st season of Walking Dead. Yeah 2nd season wasn't as good though Clementine (depending on how you play it I guess) is turning into a real G.

I didn't think they could make Ramsey Snow more terrifying and sociopathic than they did in the TV shows. But they did.

So they never sent the return box for the 360 version of Disney infinity so I'm gonna save that one and give to my nephew and order me another one.

2k has the worst servers ever. My goodness

He said as he posted on a site that literally shuts down everytime we sign a backup longsnapper.

He said as he posted on a site that literally shuts down everytime we sign a backup longsnapper.

lmao so true. Man I couldn't get into my team for anything. Did a search to find that I wasn't alone so that made me feel better

PlayStation 4 will receive the long awaited Suspend/Resume, a feature that keeps apps running while it enters rest mode, with its upcoming system software update 2.50, Yukimura.

ADVERTISEMENT

The feature allows users to suspend the game theyre playing and put the PS4 into Rest Mode. They can then immediately access the title with no progress lost when powering the console back up.

"Suspend/Resume, which will be supported by nearly all PS4 titles, will create an atmosphere where your games are immediately available at any time just pick up your DualShock 4 wireless controller, hit the PS button and get right back into the action of your games," Scott McCarthy, director of product planning and software innovation at SCEA, writes. "When its time to log off, simply put your PS4 in Rest Mode and when you power up the next time, youll start your game where you left off."

The update also confirms a few other rumoured features, such as custom button-mapping for DualShock 4 and accessibility options for a number of disabilities. The list of options include Text to Speech, Zoom, Invert Colours, Larger Text, Bold Text, High Contrast, Closed Captions, Button Assignment, and Add to Quick Menu.

When the update hits, Remote Play and Share Play will support 60 frames per second and users with a sub-account will be able to upgrade to a master account via the PS4 when they turn 18. The list of features and changes coming with Yukimura follows after the video:

Sub-account to Master account Upgrade: Users with a sub-account will now be able to upgrade to a master account directly from their PS4 when they turn 18, removing restrictions for chat, enabling users to fund their own wallet, make purchases and more. Currently, users can upgrade their sub-accounts online athttps://account.sonyentertainmentnetwork.com/.

Facebook Friend Search: Gamers globally have jumped into PS4 as a redefined social gaming experience and connecting with friends over the network is a huge part of what makes the PS4 community so special. PlayStation now lets you go even bigger by connecting with your Facebook friends on PS4 using your linked account. Search for Facebook friends who are PlayStation Network members and build on the foundation of Friends you already have in your list.

Remote Play & Share Play at 60 fps: For games that support 60 fps, the ability to customize the frame rate of Remote Play and Share Play will be added with Yukimura. Play to your bandwidth strengths and use this option to PIRATED VIDEO IS ILLEGAL gameplay at 60 or 30 fps when using Remote Play or Share Play on supported devices.

Accessibility Options: Yukimura introduces a wide variety of options to make their PS4 entertainment experience even more accessible. Options include text to speech, enlarged text, bolder fonts, higher contrast UI, zoom for displayed pictures, invert colors on screen and more. Users will also be able to reassign buttons for DualShock 4, making it easier for users with limited manual dexterity or limited reach and strength to play.

Trophy Improvements: We have received a ton of feedback to improve Trophies. In Yukimura, a screenshot will automatically be captured at the moment a Trophy is earned, making it easier than ever for you to share your greatest gaming moments with your friends. Were also adding more sorting options along with the new ability to remove games from the Trophy list that have 0% completion.

Share Video Clips to Dailymotion: When sharing standout PS4 moments via the Share button on DualShock 4, Yukimura will allow players to upload directly to Dailymotion.