ya_boi_j

****** Official Gaming Thread ******

1,760 posts in this topic

Sony has filed for a patent for the build of the PS5 to make it backwards compatible with every PS generation game :golfclap:

Btw, you can change your psn id now.

ya_boi_j likes this

If you like cover based looter-shooter type games Division 2 is a good buy.

Developer team seems very responsive to community feedback and make updates to game often.

ya_boi_j likes this

13 hours ago, SpongeDad said:

Sony has filed for a patent for the build of the PS5 to make it backwards compatible with every PS generation game :golfclap:

Btw, you can change your psn id now.

Good on BC. 

That whole name change meme comes with a potential massive catch. You can lose all your saved **** even with games it supports. I’ll keep my name the same

SpongeDad likes this

4 hours ago, ya_boi_j said:

Good on BC. 

That whole name change meme comes with a potential massive catch. You can lose all your saved **** even with games it supports. I’ll keep my name the same

There's a list of games on the PS site that has data loss problems. 

ya_boi_j likes this

8 minutes ago, SpongeDad said:

There's a list of games on the PS site that has data loss problems. 

I don’t trust that list this soon into it. I think there are many more. Someone didn’t test this out before going live with it

SpongeDad likes this

2 minutes ago, ya_boi_j said:

I don’t trust that list this soon into it. I think there are many more. Someone didn’t test this out before going live with it

I just sold my PS3 and a bunch of games about an hour ago for $100. I had a ps4 pro (Star Wars version) but I sold it too cause I kinda fell out of gaming. I thought about buying another one but PS5 is probably gonna release next christmas (2020). But that red Spiderman ps4 pro looks **** good though. 

ya_boi_j likes this

40 minutes ago, SpongeDad said:

I just sold my PS3 and a bunch of games about an hour ago for $100. I had a ps4 pro (Star Wars version) but I sold it too cause I kinda fell out of gaming. I thought about buying another one but PS5 is probably gonna release next christmas (2020). But that red Spiderman ps4 pro looks **** good though. 

Whenever the PS5 drops, I’m all in. As soon as they announce I’m pre ordering ASAP. 

12 minutes ago, ya_boi_j said:

Whenever the PS5 drops, I’m all in. As soon as they announce I’m pre ordering ASAP. 

You going to trade in your ps4 or xbox one towards it? Gamestop normally has trade in deals for last gen consoles when the new gen is announced. I traded in a ps3 when ps4 was announced. And when it was released, it was sold out everywhere. I bought the ps4 to play Battlefield 4 since they launched together but BF was a broken mess. So about a month later I sold the ps4 for $600 on offerup. 

I'm going to take a bunch of nintendo games that I have doubles of and trade them in. Right now the have a deal where you get 50% extra credit for games and ps4/xbox1 controllers. It's a good time to get a jump on that ps5 price tag. I bet it will be $499. 

ya_boi_j likes this

8 minutes ago, SpongeDad said:

You going to trade in your ps4 or xbox one towards it? Gamestop normally has trade in deals for last gen consoles when the new gen is announced. I traded in a ps3 when ps4 was announced. And when it was released, it was sold out everywhere. I bought the ps4 to play Battlefield 4 since they launched together but BF was a broken mess. So about a month later I sold the ps4 for $600 on offerup. 

I'm going to take a bunch of nintendo games that I have doubles of and trade them in. Right now the have a deal where you get 50% extra credit for games and ps4/xbox1 controllers. It's a good time to get a jump on that ps5 price tag. I bet it will be $499. 

I may pay it forward and give it to someone who’s been wanting one but can’t afford one for their kid. If no one I knows needs it I’m gonna trade it in towards it

Carter likes this

On ‎4‎/‎27‎/‎2019 at 7:30 AM, Guvmintcheeze said:

So that would be a solid no, then, alrighty.

I don't think so.

Bought a ps4 to play days gone. Huge disappointment played it once since I got it. Feels like the game is only 3/4 of the way done

On 5/2/2019 at 7:53 PM, bknowles said:

Bought a ps4 to play days gone. Huge disappointment played it once since I got it. Feels like the game is only 3/4 of the way done

Never really got the hype for that game.

I don’t get the hype for Death Stranding either.

I can't remember who it was that was wondering about EA Access on the PS4. Saw a tweet the other day stating that it starts in June. I'll be cancelling my subscription on the Xbox One since I hardly play it these days. It's decent value for anyone who enjoys the EA titles

17 hours ago, AF89 said:

I’m actually kinda disappointed that they are pushing the battle system into being like FF15. There wasn’t much I liked about 15 beyond the pure fan service elements.

Also, Sephiroth needs a new voice actor.

On 4/13/2019 at 4:18 PM, ya_boi_j said:

I may pay it forward and give it to someone who’s been wanting one but can’t afford one for their kid. If no one I knows needs it I’m gonna trade it in towards it

same here.. i gave away both of my ps3s when i got my ps4.

I have maybe about 20 games I have started playing and then quit. No idea when I will get around to finishing them. And there are new games I want to get too. :lol: 

I think the next game I’m picking up is Fire Emblem on the Switch. Then Marvel Ultimate Alliance comes out soon after that I think.

Wonder if the FF7 remake will be any good. Square Enix has been making some good games again so I’m kinda letting my hopes get up for it.