ya_boi_j

****** Official Gaming Thread ******

1,674 posts in this topic

Watched a good couple hours into the game. Feels like they cut alot of the final fantasy out in favor of more Kingdom Hearts original chacters and doubling down on Disney

Apex legends released. Gonna try it out since it’s free. Battle royale type. Can’t find many good videos on it yet

34 minutes ago, ya_boi_j said:

That would bring my yearly subscription services to $80 a year ($60 for xbox and $20 for nintendo). I've never owned an xbox btw. Always been a PS/Nintendo fanboy.

ya_boi_j likes this

Just now, SpongeDad said:

That would bring my yearly subscription services to $80 a year ($60 for xbox and $20 for nintendo). I've never owned an xbox btw. Always been a PS/Nintendo fanboy.

Spend that dough :ninja:

SpongeDad likes this

I've been spending some time with the Nintendo Switch and I have to say that I am still impressed by it! I've been a video game junkie since the Atari 2600 (telling my age) and I still play them. Not NEARLY as much as I used to but it's cool to unwind with a game for a few minutes while sitting on the couch or lying in bed. It's got a massive library to be such a young console, a lot of the titles are ports from other systems that are quite frankly junk. There are many solid titles though. Super Smash Bros Ultimate and Donkey Kong Country are my faves so far. Max, the curse of the brotherhood is a surprising game, I like it way more than I though I would.

Anyone who likes, mostly, open world style third person shooters is doing themselves a disservice if they haven't tried Red Dead Redemption 2.  Absolutely massive and rich world to explore and the protagonist you play is one of the best characters I've ever encountered in a computer game.  Plus lots of funny happenings.

On ‎2‎/‎12‎/‎2019 at 1:55 PM, achilles return said:

apex legends good

I've only been able to play like 3 games. every time ive tried to log in since I get an error message yet I can go to twitch and see everyone and their mom playing it

Anyone ever have any issues with their mic not working with certain games. My mic doesn’t work when I play madden but it works when I play fortnite and other online games 

Still waiting for @lostone to tell me if Octopath Traveler was worth it. 

We have absolutely loved the Switch. We don't have too many games for it but I'm adding to the library as I can. I had not paid much attention to a Nintendo system since probably the freaking Gamecube... I forgot that Nintendo does not ever reduce the prices of their games. Launch and year one games are still ******* $60. 

On 2/6/2019 at 5:22 AM, ya_boi_j said:

Apex Legends is pretty fun. Gonna be a learning curve for me since i'm trash at FPS

Yeah it's pretty cool. It has grabbed my attention more than Fortnite ever did. But Fortnite is 3rd person and very few 3rd person shooters have really stuck with me for whatever reason. 

I got so sick of FPS games after being a guy that played new COD and Battlefield games for years... I haven't spent much time on any FPS in a long while. I have been getting destroyed :lol: It's a fun game though, wish my crew of friends that I used to team up with still played but they all pretty much quit gaming.

ya_boi_j likes this

11 minutes ago, Carter said:

Yeah it's pretty cool. It has grabbed my attention more than Fortnite ever did. But Fortnite is 3rd person and very few 3rd person shooters have really stuck with me for whatever reason. 

I got so sick of FPS games after being a guy that played new COD and Battlefield games for years... I haven't spent much time on any FPS in a long while. I have been getting destroyed :lol: It's a fun game though, wish my crew of friends that I used to team up with still played but they all pretty much quit gaming.

I played with slick wit it and his friends one night and felt so out of place playing fortnite. Those guys got skill lol. I can’t do all that building **** which is why I wanna branch out more. Thankfully Apex is free so it allowed that opportunity lol

Carter likes this

Anyone looking forward to Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3 on the Switch? I really want that one. Team Ninja is developing it I think. Don’t think I’ve played a game made by them since Ninja Gaiden on the first Xbox... it was so hard but so much fun.

ya_boi_j likes this

14 hours ago, Carter said:

Anyone looking forward to Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3 on the Switch? I really want that one. Team Ninja is developing it I think. Don’t think I’ve played a game made by them since Ninja Gaiden on the first Xbox... it was so hard but so much fun.

Gonna finally grab my daughter a switch for her birthday. UA3 will be one of the games she gets although she may not play it much :ninja:

Carter likes this

Sounds like the rumors of Google entering the gaming industry may be correct. Google has hired Jade Raymond for VP of their gaming, also they dropped this video.