ya_boi_j

****** Official Gaming Thread ******

1,244 posts in this topic

8 hours ago, ya_boi_j said:

Okay, what's the real scoop on for honor. I've seen a few videos but honestly I haven't really paid close attention. Mostly because I watch the videos while I'm doing other things. What are you guys true opinion of it

I love it. At first I was disappointed in the short story mode, but then I looked at it as an extended tutorial on how to play the multiplayer modes. You get to play, and fight against, all of the different characters in story mode, which really helps prepare you for multiplayer. 

The fighting system is great. 

GP, which hero do you use in multiplayer? I've always loved knights and broad swords, so I picked the Warden. I see a lot of people using the big fat samurai and the female samurai with the spear. 

ya_boi_j likes this

1 hour ago, Grrrillapmpn Inc.® said:

Orochi...I've always like counter attack type characters. 

I'm a hack and slasher. I had to really work on improving my defense when I started playing multiplayer. 

5 hours ago, atl falcon 89 said:

Downloaded Mass Effect and went to bed, 8 hours later and just to 80%, quite the download, or Internet is slow

Preloaded >>>>

:D

It even downloaded and installed the day one patch on Saturday.

I came home for a little and got no further than the character creation. It doesn't look like they've put that much work in this particular engine since the last generation of Mass Effects.

I loved the default Sheppards but the default twins just don't do it for me. And the presets kinda suck too (and for some reason the defaults are the only white people you can create, the lightest the custom goes still looks like you hung out at the tanning booth with Trump at Mar a Largo for the weekend. :lol: ) 

I'd be like whatever let's go black or Asian twins or something but I've already seen screenshots of the main characters father and I'm too story OCD it would bother me.

In any case the hair textures are a crime given the graphical age we live in.

So far I've got no further than Space Trumpkins :ninja: 

Edit: I'm exaggerating a little 

I'm on the first planet driving around. The whole time I've been thinking how difficult it must have been to not absolutely riddle this game with Mass Effect clichés (because in all the other games, Shepard was pretty much the badass of the galaxy). I think they have done a pretty good job so far. I didn't mess with character customization at all... I just went with male Ryder.

I haven't played multiplayer yet, but I like how it is incorporated into the proper game and not just a separate game mode.

Also... Miranda >>> Cora

The characters look much better in animation than they do in still which is a relief, haven't really gotten into the meat of the game yet tho. First thing I do I literally spent 10-15 mins just reading the codex (Imma dork :ninja: )

Kinda dissapointed if Cora is the obvious love interest forced on you if your interested in straight/human but I'll have to get know her.

To be honest I never warmed to Miranda, she was kind of a ***** and I called her on it and the way Bioware had that one line of dialouge set up that was kinda that, had to go talk to Tali instead lol

My 8 year old sassy daughter won't play her PS3 unless she gets to play online. I use to let her play online until I noticed 20 friend request in her mailbox from God knows who. I told her that I played Atari when I was 8 and there was no internet. She's got first world problems while little African children are starving.

Carter, falconsd56, ya_boi_j and 1 other like this

18 hours ago, SpongeDad said:

My 8 year old sassy daughter won't play her PS3 unless she gets to play online. I use to let her play online until I noticed 20 friend request in her mailbox from God knows who. I told her that I played Atari when I was 8 and there was no internet. She's got first world problems while little African children are starving.

These kids don't give a ****. 

SpongeDad and Carter like this

On 3/30/2017 at 0:23 PM, SpongeDad said:

are you serious?  lolol.. reminds me of my neighbor's kid.. he kept telling his parents this game or that game wouldn't play unless he had an online account so they bought it.  well let's say he was having a lot of friend requests with people his parents didn't know and a few other things that causes his parents to be concerned.  they found out after talking to a local gamestop that all these games he claimed he couldn't play that was a lie.  the best part after they cut it off he cries saying they ruined his life not letting him play online..  ruined his life?  WTH

1 hour ago, SacFalcFan said:

are you serious?  lolol.. reminds me of my neighbor's kid.. he kept telling his parents this game or that game wouldn't play unless he had an online account so they bought it.  well let's say he was having a lot of friend requests with people his parents didn't know and a few other things that causes his parents to be concerned.  they found out after talking to a local gamestop that all these games he claimed he couldn't play that was a lie.  the best part after they cut it off he cries saying they ruined his life not letting him play online..  ruined his life?  WTH

It's mostly my fault. I got a picture of her at 6 months old sitting in her bouncy, wearing a headset while holding a controller.

1 minute ago, ya_boi_j said:

Anyone played uncharted 4. Pretty certain I'm the only one with a ps4 who hasn't 

yes and I freaking love it..  i am going to school fulltime and working a ton so i don't get to play as much as I want, but it's been awesome. 

14 hours ago, SpongeDad said:

It's mostly my fault. I got a picture of her at 6 months old sitting in her bouncy, wearing a headset while holding a controller.

hahaha.  i still have to buy my online account for my ps4.. just keep forgetting to. 

1 hour ago, SacFalcFan said:

yes and I freaking love it..  i am going to school fulltime and working a ton so i don't get to play as much as I want, but it's been awesome. 

How's the multiplayer

On April 11, 2017 at 11:20 AM, ya_boi_j said:

Anyone played uncharted 4. Pretty certain I'm the only one with a ps4 who hasn't 

I haven't played an Uncharted game either.  I just got done with Tomb Raider though.