Falcons Fans And Anticipation

Knight of God

Right now you are either freaking out (in terms of the game only), excited, on the fence, or just feel a anxious. I remember growing up in the midwest and always feeling like Mississippi was home. A while before I knew Georgia had a team I liked the Browns. It was a part time situation. When I moved to Augusta, I became very interested in football and found the Falcons. Actually Jessie Tuggle.

I still watched Cleveland, but it was all Atlanta. I always hoped players would transplant to the Falcons, but it was never a huge thing. Imagine my excitement when Metcalf came to the Falcons. I was excited about Belichick, but was kind of weirded by him. Dude is creepy. I liked the Tommy Vardell move...lol. I was also still pretty green where football was concerned.

When they moved, I was not loyal to Cleveland, so I moved with them. Ravens became my part-time team. Kind of makes "favorite" mean something with Atlanta. The move was exciting for me. The uniforms were ominous and the mascot was crazy. I remember many other transplants being as excited as I was and MOST Browns folks being ticked. It was even brought up on "Living Single". New fans in Baltimore were a different breed though. They hadn't had a team in a long time.

Many transplants were changed by the move. They were smarter than I remember any fanbase being. They also had an unseen chip on their shoulder for various reasons. Baltimore fans were rougher than I remember Raiders fans, and those fans from Cleveland who decided to stick with Modell were no longer your average fan. They had become more sophisticated.

I always remembered that, so when I got older I mentioned it to someone. This guy said, "As fans when you go through enough, you get smarter, stronger, and more cohesive." I'm seeing that now. I see fans putting their fingers down, albeit slowly. I see people taking the time to understand just how important a head coach, OC, and DC really is. I see guys actually taking their time to learn why defense is so important and how a run helps a defense.

None of the fantastic talk of last year is going on. People are becoming more sophisticated and those old lines are being erased. The division in the ranks is fading. Good posters are posting again and better than before. Bad posters are even changing, becoming more rational. Even I who was severely pranked on a "get back" have decided to stop being a jerk just because I know the game.

This is a family. A fanbase is where like minded individuals talk about ideas and use the ideas for excitement. Hype is accepted where it was deconstructed. Homerism and haterism is starting to converge into "I simply disagree" which needs no basis. Just opinion.

I have never liked the boards this much, where people are respectful and enjoying portions of the process no matter how annoying some of it can be. We are not in competition for who is the most right. Just helping one another to understand what we see. I want to learn from all of you more and I hope we can all begin to enjoy an exciting future together win or lose. Its time that Falcons football is fun again and not an Illuminati conspiracy. Let's have fun and see what's happening. It's all going to be okay.

If we don't like the draft, FA, coach, or whatever. Let's blow-up but remember to calm back down. That's how a fanbase helps you to win. No we are not the only fans, but we are the front line. The hype men. The news for some we never even see. Remember that. You are the elite fans even if you don't spend the money, people everywhere see your posts. I will take note as well.

This will be the first time in my history of being a Falcons fan (over 30 years btw) that my #1 choice for head coach is going to be hired. I'm honestly on cloud 12 if that is possible. I have never been more sure of a coach than Dan Quinn.

Those that are skeptical, you will grow to love him...

This will be the first time in my history of being a Falcons fan (over 30 years btw) that my #1 choice for head coach is going to be hired. I'm honestly on cloud 12 if that is possible. I have never been more sure of a coach than Dan Quinn.

Those that are skeptical, you will grow to love him...

Hopefully that happens. If it does, it will be the first time I will feel electric here. You know I have made whole drafts for the Falcons that Ozzie took? LOL!!! Its like they stole my mocks man. Getting Quinn would be crazy. I wanted Quinn since early this season, but went to Rex and Austin because I was uncertain of the process. I hope it is Quinn, that would be a serious change of pace for me as a fan.

Hopefully that happens. If it does, it will be the first time I will feel electric here. You know I have made whole drafts for the Falcons that Ozzie took? LOL!!! Its like they stole my mocks man. Getting Quinn would be crazy. I wanted Quinn since early this season, but went to Rex and Austin because I was uncertain of the process. I hope it is Quinn, that would be a serious change of pace for me as a fan.

He brings the 4-3 under in and it won't take much of a tweak here and there for us to be good in a hurry. A lot of the pieces are actually in place for that defense (which is why you've been screaming for it...lol)

He brings the 4-3 under in and it won't take much of a tweak here and there for us to be good in a hurry. A lot of the pieces are actually in place for that defense (which is why you've been screaming for it...lol)

Which is what I thought we were getting with Nolan. That was NOT a Nolan defense. I usually go with Over/Under even in 3-4 and that was based on Nolan and Buddy Ryan. Some of Quinn's concept is just that, the old 46 Bear. Man, can you imagine???

Man KOG I really enjoyed reading that post…..

I know I never paid so much attention to the draft till I got on these message boards, now I read as many of the mocks that I can and use the info to research players etc. Some of the info on the prospective head coaches have opened my eyes that most have **** good qualities even if I'm still not a McDaniels fan. Good stuff what a message board should be….

Man KOG I really enjoyed reading that post…..

I know I never paid so much attention to the draft till I got on these message boards, now I read as many of the mocks that I can and use the info to research players etc. Some of the info on the prospective head coaches have opened my eyes that most have **** good qualities even if I'm still not a McDaniels fan. Good stuff what a message board should be….

I didn't want McDaniels because we are cut from the same cloth. A few other reasons, but I was a fan before.

And this is why, despite lurking most of the time, I enjoy coming to these boards. KOG, cap, and several others always seem to have something to ADD to the discussions. I see some posters on here who are always negative and mean, but for the most part, I feel like I'm sitting in my man-cave watching the game with friends who have opinions that make sense. Football is really just a game for entertainment. The best posters here make it more entertaining than I could've hoped for.

I've loved this team for 46 years of my life and that won't change anytime soon. I disagree with a lot of stuff I see posted here and I certainly doubt how well grounded in reality some opinions are but it's never anything personal despite what some may think. I get very passionate about my beloved Falcons and what's best for them and sometimes that passion gets the best of me. In the end I want what's best for the team which is what I think everyone wants. We just don't always agree on what that is.

If the Falcons land Dan Quinn this would be the most excited I had been about a head coaching hire since Dan Reeves came home.

I know Coach Quinn won't be able to turn that D around in one season but we'll see the beginnings of that turnaround and when it's complete the Atlanta Falcons will finally have a defense we can all be proud of.

Don't mess this up Falcons.

Good read. So many of us have a similar history of hanging with our team even when it frustrates the he!l out of us. These boards are where I go to get informed opinions, and there are many points made here that on our own we'd probably be unaware of. I too hope we get Quinn.

Great post. I agree the board is a lot better compared to the mess we had last yr.

I have been on here for 14 yrs or so, and never posted much until recently. Back in the day we had Banker, Rev, Shiney, Shay, even Swift then, SacFalc, Cappy, Gazoo, and many others who were good posters, make a point and the convo would end.

I would agree with someone and didn't see the point of being redundant. Now with so many arguments and disagreements, people feel the need to beat home their point. Hopefully this team will start trending in the right directions with this hire, upcoming free agency and draft.

Edited by jeffro2000