Early Praise For The Falcons Front Office

FalconOdense

I wanted Rex Ryan. I believe he was the right guy for this job, but enough about him he is gone.

I believe we are all starting to see the picture in this head coaching search and I like what I am seeing from the Falcons. It seems to me like we are really doing our due diligence and don't panic.

Rex Ryan: He wants the job, but we don't give him an offer even though he tries to put pressure on us.

Todd Bowles: As far as I read we were asked if we wanted to match the Jets offer. We said no.

We might disagree about the coaches we want, but the Falcons are saying that they want to do the interviews and find the right guy for the job. I believe that we fell in love with Quinn in the first interview. We have set our target and he is the guy. But that doesn't stop us from doing this the right way and the way that it should be done. I don't want a panic solution that they are not sold on. I want a head coach that they can truly say that they have done there due diligence on.

He might fail, but at least this is a franchise decision.

And Quinn actually starts to grow on me and I would love Shanahan as OC.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

No praise from me. Plus There is no such thing as finding the right guy because they don't truly know who is right and who isn't right until at least 3 years down the road and things can still fall apart again after that window closes. Been elaborating on that for about 3 days now so not gonna do it again.

Should have just signed Rex and got it over with. Now we have this cluster **** of a front office exposed nation wide making us the laughing stock of the NFL. TD and Pioli are snakes.

Quinn was on the top of many teams lists, we have the best chance of landing him. Denver can't even do their first interview until after Seattle loses, we can do his second on Monday. If we land him, the front office will be getting praise...only people laughing are at you and how sad and dramatic you are. Stop over reacting.

No praise from me. Plus There is no such thing as finding the right guy because they don't truly know who is right and who isn't right until at least 3 years down the road and things can still fall apart again after that window closes. Been elaborating on that for about 3 days now so not gonna do it again.

It seems thay they agreed from the beginning to go through two interviews for the coaches that they liked and they are sticking to that. You can't fault them for that because you disagree with it. It means they had a plan and they are sticking to it. That has to be admired in the midst of coaches being hired, they didn't panic or make any knee jerk reactions. Even if you don't agree with it, it's admirable.

I'm not hung up on the right guy anymore because none of us can say our choice is better because none of us know. I'm concerned on if they have a plan and if they are executing it and it appears so.

Edited by ATLFalcons11

I wanted Rex Ryan. I believe he was the right guy for this job, but enough about him he is gone. I believe we are all starting to see the picture in this head coaching search and I like what I am seeing from the Falcons. It seems to me like we are really doing our due diligence and don't panic. Rex Ryan: He wants the job, but we don't give him an offer even though he tries to put pressure on us. Todd Bowles: As far as I read we were asked if we wanted to match the Jets offer. We said no. We might disagree about the coaches we want, but the Falcons are saying that they want to do the interviews and find the right guy for the job. I believe that we fell in love with Quinn in the first interview. We have set our target and he is the guy. But that doesn't stop us from doing this the right way and the way that it should be done. I don't want a panic solution that they are not sold on. I want a head coach that they can truly say that they have done there due diligence on. He might fail, but at least this is a franchise decision. And Quinn actually starts to grow on me and I would love Shanahan as OC.

You guys really crack me up. You read unsubstantiated media reports (those are called rumors), and then you form an opinion on them as though they are facts. I know we are in an age where the media dominates our lives, but the level of gullibility most of you expose in your response to them is really shocking to me. Have we really reached the point in our society where our citizens show no level of critical thinking at all regarding the media? Apparently, that is the case regarding many of us.

No one outside of the inner circle of the Falcons FO have ANY clue what is going on in this coaching search. I repeat: NO ONE! Every single report I have read about this coaching search is unsubstantiated. The closest you come to any "proof" is some glib reference to "according to league sources." What league sources? When no specific name is mentioned, then this is just another rumor.

I am not trying to flame you OP. I too am interested in every single report regarding the coaching search. But when you form an opinion expressing praise for the coaching search based on these reports, you have fallen prey to rumor, gossip and innuendo.

It is very important to remember the media does not exist to inform, but only to sell their products. That is especially important to remember in this era of really unprofessional journalism. Long ago there was a fairly high standard for the media, but today that standard does not exist. Just read Dled's blog if you want an example of rock bottom journalism. I do not refer to the content of his writing as it is fairly indicative of what you find everywhere. I refer to his total lack of professionalism in adhering to even the most basic rules of spelling or grammar. It is obvious to the most casual observer, that Dled does not even take the time to proof read his crap before he hits the "send" button, nor does anyone at the AJC bother to proofread it either.

Beware the media: they spread manure faster than a farmer.

Edited by FalconFanForLife

You guys really crack me up. You read unsubstantiated media reports (those are called rumors), and then you form an opinion on them as though they are facts. I know we are in an age where the media dominates our lives, but the level of gullibility most of you expose in your response to them is really shocking to me. Have we really reached the point in our society where our citizens show no level of critical thinking at all regarding the media? Apparently, that is the case regarding many of us.

No one outside of the inner circle of the Falcons FO have ANY clue what is going on in this coaching search. I repeat: NO ONE! Every single report I have read about this coaching search is unsubstantiated. The closest you come to any "proof" is some glib reference to "according to league sources." What league sources? When no specific name is mentioned, then this is just another rumor.

I am not trying to flame you OP. I too am interested in every single report regarding the coaching search. But when you form an opinion expressing praise for the coaching search based on these reports, you have fallen prey to rumor, gossip and innuendo.

It is very important to remember the media does not exist to inform, but only to sell their products. That is especially important to remember in this era of really unprofessional journalism. Long ago there was a fairly high standard for the media, but today that standard does not exist. Just read Dled's blog if you want an example of rock bottom journalism. I do not refer to the content of his writing as it is fairly indicative of what you find everywhere. I refer to his total lack of professionalism in adhering to even the most basic rules of spelling or grammar. It is obvious to the most casual observer, that Dled does not even take the time to proof read his crap before he hits the "send" button, nor does anyone at the AJC bother to proofread it either.

Very well written but ummm mm where did he say anything about the media?

It sounds like you just had to get that out and thought this was the most appropriate time. Lol

It seems thay they agreed from the beginning to go through two interviews for the coaches that they liked and they are sticking to that. You can't fault them for that because you disagree with it. It means they had a plan and they are sticking to it. That has to be admired in the midst of coaches being hired, they didn't panic or make any knee jerk reactions. Even if you don't agree with it, it's admirable.

I'm not hung up on the right guy anymore because none of us can say our choice is better because none of us know. I'm concerned on if they have a plan and if they are executing it and it appears so.

lol all I said was that there is no such thing as finding the right guy when it won't be clear who the right guy is until years down the road. All you are doing is assuming that you know why I don't praise them. So ummm..... Yeah

Quinn could be the "right guy" as far as everything they might be looking for in a HC.

You remember when Smitty was hired? We saw a lot of roster moves and a lot of veterans being cut.I am really curious to see how much changes we will se and how active we will be in FA.We are in for a very interesting season.

You remember when Smitty was hired? We saw a lot of roster moves and a lot of veterans being cut.I am really curious to see how much changes we will se and how active we will be in FA.We are in for a very interesting season.

I wanted Rex Ryan. I believe he was the right guy for this job, but enough about him he is gone.I believe we are all starting to see the picture in this head coaching search and I like what I am seeing from the Falcons. It seems to me like we are really doing our due diligence and don't panic.Rex Ryan: He wants the job, but we don't give him an offer even though he tries to put pressure on us. Todd Bowles: As far as I read we were asked if we wanted to match the Jets offer. We said no.We might disagree about the coaches we want, but the Falcons are saying that they want to do the interviews and find the right guy for the job. I believe that we fell in love with Quinn in the first interview. We have set our target and he is the guy. But that doesn't stop us from doing this the right way and the way that it should be done. I don't want a panic solution that they are not sold on. I want a head coach that they can truly say that they have done there due diligence on.He might fail, but at least this is a franchise decision.And Quinn actually starts to grow on me and I would love Shanahan as OC.

Well said bro, I honestly think they're not dumb@sses and TD, Pioli, McKay and Korn Ferry are looking for the right package for HC.

It very well could be we already have a deal I place with Quinn and it's just a matter of him signing it. Don't forget, we are allowed to be negotiating with Quinn's agent right now. Technically the deal cannot be signed until later, but that does not mean a deal hasn't been reached.

If Quinn is our guy, and if Blank outsmarted many here on the message board and in the media who were pillorying him for bumbling the search and being disorganized and meddling it will be an EPIC face plant for all his critics.

If all candidates were available immediately, and there was one that was a clear cut favorite that we allowed to slip through, I could see the reasoning behind the flip outs.

But if Quinn is truly our guy, and the FO is convinced of that, then what happened with Ryan and Bowles is totally irrelevant because they took themselves off the market before our top choice was even available.

Could Ryan have been the best choice? Maybe. Could he have come in, gone 5-11 two straight years and leave us right where we started? Possibly. The thing is, nobody knows for sure. And with that in mind, I'm leaving it to the guys whose seven-figure salaries riding on this decision to figure it out.

I'm not "the sky is falling" type of person, but I'm also not the "great job" before a job is even done type of person. Both sets of people jump to conclusions way too early. The FO has not accomplished anything yet. They've conducted some interviews and haven't made any decisions about anything, other than the FO realignment which time will tell whether or not that was a good move. There is absolutely nothing to applaud at this point. You can't really slam them either, since no decision is not necessarily a bad decision either. It is what it is, and what it's a "wait and see" as of this moment.

I wanted rex and bowles too but lets not act like they didnt have question marks as well. I was one of the first to lead the rex brigade or whatever tatf wanted to call it but at the end of the day one of the biggest questions about him was his ability to stay involved with the offense. Maybe the FO was not as impressed with his answers as we would think. On top of that no matter who we bring in to fix the defense, we're still going to be an offensive team hands down, so if they dont have a solid plan on that side we'll still be 7-9, 8-8 the next few years.

Warming up to quinn some but just like every other defensive candidate I just pray he brings in a good OC (would love shannahan) so we can improve the O as well as the D. We cant neglect one side of the ball anymore no matter where our strengths lie.

I agree with you and I posted a similar note several days ago. The only issue I have with the FO, is the way they have allowed the media create their own story lines. In this day and age, our FO should be more media-savvy.

Our FO should be issuing weekly updates of the coaching search. Even if it is nothing but fluff, the narrative would have been guided by the Falcons. It may not seem important, but it would have gone a long ways to restoring trust in the organization.

It very well could be we already have a deal I place with Quinn and it's just a matter of him signing it. Don't forget, we are allowed to be negotiating with Quinn's agent right now. Technically the deal cannot be signed until later, but that does not mean a deal hasn't been reached.

If Quinn is our guy, and if Blank outsmarted many here on the message board and in the media who were pillorying him for bumbling the search and being disorganized and meddling it will be an EPIC face plant for all his critics.

Pretty much the case, and they can reach an agreement in principle.

I close a lot of business deals like that, and seldom do I get burned.

On the other note, I am quite amused at the fan reactions to the interview

process with the Falcons.

I have not heard of a job hire that did not have two to three interviews.

But we have one guy come in here and demands a, Hire me on the spot.

I wanted Rex Ryan. I believe he was the right guy for this job, but enough about him he is gone.I believe we are all starting to see the picture in this head coaching search and I like what I am seeing from the Falcons. It seems to me like we are really doing our due diligence and don't panic.Rex Ryan: He wants the job, but we don't give him an offer even though he tries to put pressure on us. Todd Bowles: As far as I read we were asked if we wanted to match the Jets offer. We said no.We might disagree about the coaches we want, but the Falcons are saying that they want to do the interviews and find the right guy for the job. I believe that we fell in love with Quinn in the first interview. We have set our target and he is the guy. But that doesn't stop us from doing this the right way and the way that it should be done. I don't want a panic solution that they are not sold on. I want a head coach that they can truly say that they have done there due diligence on.He might fail, but at least this is a franchise decision.And Quinn actually starts to grow on me and I would love Shanahan as OC.