It Is Quite Apparent That The Hc Position Is The Least Desireable

monson007

Guest facelessman07

Quinn will only take it if Chicago or Denver rejects him. I think we end up with Austin because no other team wants him. In the Bizarro world of the Falcons this might turn out to be the best thing!

It's true, Rex did not want it, Bowles did not want it, I bet Quinn only takes it if Chicago or Denver rejects him. I think Austin gets it by default

I think you're wrong

Will see, I just think the guys at the top of the Falcons Organization make coaches run to other teams. I keep reading all this crap how Atlanta has the crown jewel job because we have a franchise QB and yet all the coaches are signing with other teams because upper management is so screwed up and hard to deal with.

Lol its been stated numerous times by multiple sources that Rex wanted the HC job in Atlanta. He even said he would have rejected the bills offer if Atlanta told him to. It's also been reported that Bowles agent contacted Atlanta's FO directly before Bowles signed with the Jets to see if Atlanta would make him an offer which he would have taken over the Jets. Go home you're drunk

should have just signed rex. its gonna be so painful when we whiff on quinn.

Really? We needed the Rex Ryan "Circus" here, like we need another hole in the head!

He's already boasting about the Bills are going to the Playoffs ---- guy can't keep his big trap shut, and just coach.

I'm so freakin' happy we didn't choose that clown!!!

And mark 'er down, Quinn is our next HC.....it's already been documented that he wants to come here, and we want him to ---- so, it's just a matter of timing, now...

Edited by FalconJim

It's true, Rex did not want it, Bowles did not want it, I bet Quinn only takes it if Chicago or Denver rejects him. I think Austin gets it by default

they both called after they received an offer from other teams trying to get us to make an offer. It's actually obvious that we were their top choice but they weren't ours, or Blank refused to make snap decisions based on other teams offers. Either way they proved we were a top choice.

Ryan & Bowles didn't turn down the Falcons, they were never offered a contract. Lots of reports that both wanted the Falcon job and gave the Falcons a chance to match the deals they got.

The narrative by many here on TATF is the Falcons are incompetent franchise with a mess of a FO. There's an equally probable scenario that they've played this coaching search perfectly - that they interviewed Quinn, it was a slam dunk for both sides and that they're just waiting for him to be available. The other interviews are just due diligence in case Quinn gets an outrageous offer from another team.

they both called after they received an offer from other teams trying to get us to make an offer. It's actually obvious that we were their top choice but they weren't ours, or Blank refused to make snap decisions based on other teams offers. Either way they proved we were a top choice.

Why do people refuse to believe this. It is in black and white that BOTH of them came back to us for an offer and we refused.

I think you're wrong

I not only concur, I think OP hasn't read/seen/heard any of the reports that said both Ryan's and Bowles's people reached out to the Falcons before they took those jobs and the Falcons didn't make either an offer.

For him to say neither of them wanted to come here because they took other jobs is totally uninformed

Lol its been stated numerous times by multiple sources that Rex wanted the HC job in Atlanta. He even said he would have rejected the bills offer if Atlanta told him to. It's also been reported that Bowles agent contacted Atlanta's FO directly before Bowles signed with the Jets to see if Atlanta would make him an offer which he would have taken over the Jets. Go home you're drunk

You know what, there is no place for facts here on TATF.

Why do people refuse to believe this. It is in black and white that BOTH of them came back to us for an offer and we refused.

because to many on this board enjoy jumping off a bridge just so they can scream all the way down. Common over reaction. I've almost quit posting on here due to it.