Raiders Expected To Hire Jack Del Rio Today. I Think Good Chance He Then Hires Mike Smith As Dc

Jack Del Rio is expected to become the next head coach of the Oakland Raiders.

Chris Mortensen of ESPN reports that the Raiders are expected to finalize the deal as early as today.

Del Rio had a long second interview with the Raiders yesterday, meeting with owner Mark Davis, General Manager Reggie McKenzie and other members of the team’s brain trust, including Hall of Fame coach John Madden. That interview apparently went well enough that Del Rio wants the job and the Raiders want him.

The 51-year-old Del Rio was previously the head coach of the Jaguars from 2003 to 2011. He spent the last three seasons as defensive coordinator of the Broncos.

0570596001421254877_filepicker.jpg

I suspect he then hires Smitty as the DC. I'll like to see what Smitty can do with a different roster. I've called California "home" for the past 15 years now, I'll be closely monitoring this situation. The Raiders may have themselves a new fan lol. Just an update.

Edited by I Even Bleed Red

Jack Del Rio is expected to become the next head coach of the Oakland Raiders.

Chris Mortensen of ESPN reports that the Raiders are expected to finalize the deal as early as today.

Del Rio had a long second interview with the Raiders yesterday, meeting with owner Mark Davis, General Manager Reggie McKenzie and other members of the teams brain trust, including Hall of Fame coach John Madden. That interview apparently went well enough that Del Rio wants the job and the Raiders want him.

The 51-year-old Del Rio was previously the head coach of the Jaguars from 2003 to 2011. He spent the last three seasons as defensive coordinator of the Broncos.

0570596001421254877_filepicker.jpg

I suspect he then hires Smitty as the DC. I'll like to see what Smitty can do with a different roster. I've called California "home" for the past 15 years now, I'll be closely monitoring this situatio. The Raiders may have themselves a new fan lol. Just an update.

He'd done better here with a different GM and an owner who can't keep his thought and ideas to himself and let the real football experts build the team. The next coach will not fare any better if that doesn't change. Edited by nomak

From a Raider fan "

This is an excellent hire for the Raiders, now if the Raiders can get Marc Trestman as OC and Mike Smith as DC this team could compete as soon as next season."

He should Smith is a good coach.

He'd done better here with a different GM and an owner who can't keep his thought and ideas to himself and let the real football experts build the team. The next coach will not fare any better if that doesn't change.

Ya. Agreed.