This Guy Should Flourish Under Quinn

BamaBoy87

Desmond Southward

Quinn loves to run cover 3. What makes a cover 3 elite is having a FS that can cover the whole middle of the field. Southward is the prototype.

So when he is balling next year like a pro bowler, don't be shocked.

If he gets Southward and Hageman playing to their potential, they get a couple more pieces in the draft and FA, could be a very good team very quickly.

If Moore can get his shoulder right he is much like Chancellor. Ishmael is a good back up. Southward is protypical FS or 3rd safety. Need him to claim FS job. Lowery is fine depth or 3rd safety and hopefully returns.

Lowery is fine depth? He's the main reason the falcons had so much success against tight ends this year which was the first time since God knows when

Desmond Southward

Quinn loves to run cover 3. What makes a cover 3 elite is having a FS that can cover the whole middle of the field. Southward is the prototype.

So when he is balling next year like a pro bowler, don't be shocked.

If he brings Kris Richard as part of his staff but I doubt Carroll lets they guy that developed Chancellor, Sherman, and Thomas leave...

It's Pete Carrol's team and it's his defense.

Exacyly. So now my concern is will he bring that same philosophy with him or do a mike smith and run a philosophy he likes. Smitty was running del rio's philosophy in jville and Smitty seemed to favor a Tampa 2 philosophy when he got here.

They play cover 3 and man to man. The issue I have if Quinn comes is, is that carolls philosophy or Quinn's? They were running the same cover 3 and man to man defenses before Quinn got there.

Does it really matter? We got players to make it work without having to draft DBs. Tru, Alford, WillyMo, Ishmael and South, just need a better NB than McClain

Does it really matter? We got players to make it work without having to draft DBs. Tru, Alford, WillyMo, Ishmael and South, just need a better NB than McClain

It matters in the sense of everybody likes Quinn because of the defensive philosophy Pete Carroll has installed but Quinn may have a different philosophy HE wants to install when/if he gets here. Mike Smith didn't run his philosophy in j'Ville. He ran del rio's. He had a different philosophy in Atl. That's what my concern is. Will he bring that philosophy or does he have another. It's not about the players we have. It's about the system they will be in.

You have 2 types of players. Thise that fit in a system(Alford) and those that can play in any system(Trufant). Bottom line I just hope he plays the players we have and those that come in to their strengths.

Edited by TheFatboi

Exacyly. So now my concern is will he bring that same philosophy with him or do a mike smith and run a philosophy he likes. Smitty was running del rio's philosophy in jville and Smitty seemed to favor a Tampa 2 philosophy when he got here.

He can bring a philosophy but we can't run that system with the people we have in place... That's for sure.