3 Down, 3 To Go

hjerry

Guest Homer the Brave

hopefully he talks the raiders out of drafting a pass rusher

He already has a stud pass rusher (Mack). But since he thinks sacks are overrated, maybe we could package Biermann and Tyson Jackson in a trade for Mack

I think if we wait on Quinn and he turns us down and we offer the job after that to Austin, my guess is Austin tells us to pack sand. I don't think he comes here after 2 interviews & then waiting to see if we hire Quinn or not. He'll come in with the stigma of 2nd choice and anything that goes wrong will immediately be deemed his fault & he'll be looking for a new job again soon.

I dunno about that - there are only 32 HC gigs in the world in the NFL - and one year you are a "hot name" and the next year you are not. I am sure Teryl Austin could suck-up his pride, take his 300% payraise and $10mm guarantee and sleep well at night.

I dunno about that - there are only 32 HC gigs in the world in the NFL - and one year you are a "hot name" and the next year you are not. I am sure Teryl Austin could suck-up his pride, take his 300% payraise and $10mm guarantee and sleep well at night.

Before we hired Mike Smith in 08, weren't there 2 HC's that turned us down? I know for sure there was 1, but I think we offered 2 guys the job before we went with Smith. (or was it 1 coach & 1 GM turning down job offers here?)

Before we hired Mike Smith in 08, weren't there 2 HC's that turned us down? I know for sure there was 1, but I think we offered 2 guys the job before we went with Smith. (or was it 1 coach & 1 GM turning down job offers here?)

I know some turned down interviews, not sure anyone declined a job offer.

He already has a stud pass rusher (Mack). But since he thinks sacks are overrated, maybe we could package Biermann and Tyson Jackson in a trade for Mack

I know I shouldn't do this because I am just asking for it but I saw this in another thread and thought "Even though that comment has been spun and most people know what Smitty meant maybe this will further make the point without offending anyone". The below is not mine and I can't take credit for it but wanted to point this out to you so maybe you too can understand what was meant by that comment. The response was by Mr. Lubba Lubba.

DoYouSeeWhatHappensLarry, on 14 Jan 2015 - 5:05 PM, said:snapback.png

Jacksonville # sacks 2012 - 20

Jacksonville # sacks 2013 - 31

Jacksonville # sacks 2014 - 45

Gus Bradley is doing good work with minimal talent. It hasnt translated to wins because they're a very young team. But their point differential improved quite a bit this year from last.

I know it's tough to wrap your head around but "wins" arent the only mark of progress.

Then Smitty was right, sacks ARE overrated

Edited by JBender

Guest Homer the Brave

I know I shouldn't do this because I am just asking for it but I saw this in another thread and thought "Even though that comment has been spun and most people know what Smitty meant maybe this will further make the point without offending anyone". The below is not mine and I can't take credit for it but wanted to point this out to you so maybe you too can understand what was meant by that comment. The response was by Mr. Lubba Lubba.

DoYouSeeWhatHappensLarry, on 14 Jan 2015 - 5:05 PM, said:snapback.png

Then Smitty was right, sacks ARE overrated

That is because their offense stinks. If the Falcons had those sack totals, we'd be in the playoffs and Smitty would still be around.

I know some turned down interviews, not sure anyone declined a job offer.

Jason Garrett did for sure. He took our offer & went back to Jerry who basically made him head coach in waiting for the Dallas job. Len Pasquarelli said we offered him 3.5 mill per year. http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/columns/story?columnist=pasquarelli_len&id=3201340

Jason Garrett did for sure. He took our offer & went back to Jerry who basically made him head coach in waiting for the Dallas job. Len Pasquarelli said we offered him 3.5 mill per year. http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/columns/story?columnist=pasquarelli_len&id=3201340

Would you have wanted to coach the 2007 Atlanta Falcons? Now that team was a real mess...