3 Down, 3 To Go

hjerry

9378.jpg

Raiders hired Jack Del Rio as head coach.

Del Rio is coming home. The 51-year-old grew up in California as a Raiders fan and went to college at USC. The Raiders seemed to favor experience in their coaching search, and Del Rio has plenty of it. He was the Jaguars' head coach from 2003-2011, leading Jacksonville to two double-digit-win seasons and a playoff win over the Steelers in 2007. He has a tall task at hand with the Raiders. Del Rio has a defensive background, and will have an uber-talented pass rusher in Khalil Mack whom he'll build around. Del Rio is said to be recruiting Marc Trestman to run the Raiders' offense. Ex-Falcons coach Mike Smith is expected to be the DC.
Jan 14 - 4:09 PM

49ers will go offensive, bet on it.

Chicago will go established vet coach, bet on it

We will hire Quinn or Austin

Denver will go Kubiak, I'd almost bet on it

49ers - Adam Gase (Niners gotta fix Kaepernick if they are ever going to win anything)

Bears - John Fox (hard to believe they would go this route but after Trestman, guess it makes sense)

Denver - Gary Kubiak (Elway is a former QB, Fox was a defensive coach, but more a Coaching CEO - you know Elway wants an OC type)

Falcons - Dan Quinn (they wait until Monday and offer Quinn the job, if he turns them down then it is Teryl Austin or the search widens again).

We REALLY need the 49ers to go ahead & pull the trigger on Gase, or to take McDaniels. They seem like the only true competition for Quinn at this point. I know the speculation is that they want a guy with a background in offense, but you never really know. Maybe Quinn wowed them more than Gase or McDaniels to the point that he's their top target as well.

Broncos won't be able to get the interview in before us, so they don't matter so much.

If the media is correct about Chicago leaning heavily in favor of Fox, they won't be an issue.

We REALLY need the 49ers to go ahead & pull the trigger on Gase, or to take McDaniels. They seem like the only true competition for Quinn at this point. I know the speculation is that they want a guy with a background in offense, but you never really know. Maybe Quinn wowed them more than Gase or McDaniels to the point that he's their top target as well.

Broncos won't be able to get the interview in before us, so they don't matter so much.

If the media is correct about Chicago leaning heavily in favor of Fox, they won't be an issue.

If Broncos are not locked in on getting an OC for HC, then they could easily sweep in and gobble up Dan Quinn.

49ers - Adam Gase (Niners gotta fix Kaepernick if they are ever going to win anything)

Bears - John Fox (hard to believe they would go this route but after Trestman, guess it makes sense)

Denver - Gary Kubiak (Elway is a former QB, Fox was a defensive coach, but more a Coaching CEO - you know Elway wants an OC type)

Falcons - Dan Quinn (they wait until Monday and offer Quinn the job, if he turns them down then it is Teryl Austin or the search widens again).

Exactly how I have it going down as well...

The plot thickens!! Dun dun duuuuunnnn!!

I think if we wait on Quinn and he turns us down and we offer the job after that to Austin, my guess is Austin tells us to pack sand. I don't think he comes here after 2 interviews & then waiting to see if we hire Quinn or not. He'll come in with the stigma of 2nd choice and anything that goes wrong will immediately be deemed his fault & he'll be looking for a new job again soon.

I think if we wait on Quinn and he turns us down and we offer the job after that to Austin, my guess is Austin tells us to pack sand. I don't think he comes here after 2 interviews & then waiting to see if we hire Quinn or not. He'll come in with the stigma of 2nd choice and anything that goes wrong will immediately be deemed his fault & he'll be looking for a new job again soon.

Well if his response to "that" interview question was even close to what it seems to appear then I wouldn't want him in the least. sadwave.001.gif

That would be sweet and I could LMAO at all those who panicked when Ryan signed with the Jets. Pair him with Shanahan or Trestman, could be a thing of beauty

49ers set to promote DL coach Jim Tomsula to head coach, per sources. Still ironing out details, but Tomsula expected to be 49ers next HC.

Even better.

If this coaching search works out like the draft did, where waiting got them the best player for their situation, going to be happy.