2015 Fanspeak Mock Draft 1.0

ELux85

Hello guys I'm back for my 1st mock draft before the NFC Championship game. I kinow that most of this might not happen bet since Fanspeak doesn't do trades unless you pay, I am limited to what they give me.

Cuts:Konz, Gunn, Carimi, McClain, Davis, SJAX, Quizz, Pascoe, Yates, Kroy, Mass, Cliff Matthews

Falcons Needs:

PASS RUSH!!(Nuff said.)

TE(Matty Ice would of had 5000 yards with a great TE.)

LG(Blalock is getting old[11 year pro].)

CB(McClain is good but getting another CB is better and faster.)

WR(Devin and Roddy ain't going to be in the league for very long so a smart man plans for the future.)

SS(Zeke Motta hasn't worked out in Atlanta and Willy Mo needs extra help behind him.)

Explanation of no FS in the needs: Lowery is a very good FS when healthy. Southward is looking good after year one and Baker is most likely cut.

Fanspeak Mock Draft 1.0
by Eric S. Powers

Free Agency Moves:
Justin Houston, McPhee, JPP, Brandom Graham or worst case scenario(I hope not!) to re-sign Kroy Biermann. A free agency TE or RT(Hoping for the return of Clabo) could help too.

R1P8
OLB VIC BEASLEY
CLEMSON
Assessment: The best OLB not named Shane Ray. A good prize for a team that desperate needs pass rush. Beasley has the ability to do something for this team with a helpful vet on the other side with.

42: R2P10
DE MARKUS GOLDEN
MISSOURI
Assessment: He is the guy on the other side of Shane Ray. He can be a UT in a 4-3 or a 3-4 DE if Atlanta stays into a 3-4.

73: R3P9
TE NICK O'LEARY
FLORIDA STATE
Assessment: He is one of the three great TE's in this draft class. A little known fact is that he is the grandson of Jack Nicklaus, the greatest golfer of all time.

104: R4P8
RB TODD GURLEY
GEORGIA
Assessment: Todd Gurley II... A great runningback from a school of great running backs which featured Herschel Walker, Garrison Hearst, Knowshon Moreno and Terrell Davis(greatest draft steals in history!) Every time I see his running style, It seems that he has a churning and burning type runner like the fan favorite in Atlanta in Michael Turner which in my opinion makes sense to all fans!

138: R5P10
DE OWAMAGBE ODIGHIZUWA
UCLA
Assessment: This pick is a pipe dream..lol! He is a second round grade DE down here. Steal based on the Fanspeak mock draft.

169: R6P9
CB KEVIN WHITE
TCU
Assessment: Robert McClain isn't bad but someone needs to be the future along with Alford and Tru. Kevin isn't a bad pick.

200: R7P8
WR CHRISTION JONES
ALABAMA
Assessment: The future might be now since Atlanta got Christion Jones. Devin can't return kicks forever so why not an experienced KR from the school of Saban?

223: R7P31
G ADAM SHEAD
OKLAHOMA

Assessment: Justin Blalock can't play LG for that long so why not invest in the future now? LG is needed to keep Matty Ice from turning to Crushed Ice.

Edited by BladeGT

Lol at Gurley in the 4th tears-of-joy-smiley-emoticon.gif

FansSpeaks rankings are really off compared to what I've seen on other sites. I'm waiting until they get some of the other databases like they had last year, before I start using it as a resource of any kind. Hopefully after January 19

So we're signing a top tier pass rusher in FA and then proceeding to spend 3 of our top 5 picks on pass rushers.

Overkill much?

EDIT: Blalock is an 11 year pro? LOLWAT. We drafted him in 2007...that makes him an 8 year pro.

That said though, you did nothing to replace Blalock and you did nothing to address the gaping hole we have at ILB.