No News On Austin, You Know What This Means.....

Austin been in town since yesterday though. We would have heard something by now. I think it's safe to say the three stooges are going all in on Blank. All doubt will be eliminated after tonight.

Not necessarily. Every negotiation is different. Just theoretically if a contract is in the table you never know what kind of minutia from performance incentives to deals for potential assistants they could be going back and forth over.

We're waiting for Quinn. The problem is Denver has to be after him as well. It was a bold move for Elway to fire Fox if he wasn't sure who the replacement would be.

Denver can't interview him at all before SB if they get to the SB. But we can interview him next week (NFL Rule)... So we do have an advantage over Denver if we want to offer Dan Quinn the job before Denver even gets to interview him

Edited by falcon_owns_nfc_south

Hope we wait until at least Monday to talk to Quinn, Austin will still be available unless something goes wrong with the Fox interview.

Wait on Quinn

Bears = Fox

49ers = Gase

Raiders = Del Rio

That leaves Falcons and Broncos with still Quinn and Austin available. We are sure to land one of them. We also get first shot at Quinn next week where the Broncos are not even allowed to talk to him. Broncos also look like Kubiak could be their guy leaving us we a choice of both Quinn and Austin.

Denver can't interview him at all before SB if they get to the SB. But we can interview him next week (NFL Rule)... So we do have an advantage over Denver if we want to offer Dan Quinn the job before Denver even gets to interview him

so w/ Denver being our primary competition for Quinn - it is actually better for Falcons for Seattle to win this week.

If Seattle wins, then only Falcons can interview Quinn a 2nd time - and presumably lock him up except for formal signing.

If Seattle loses, then Denver can try and get interview w/ Quinn immediately and possibly steal him from Falcons.

Go Sea Hags!!!!!! Beat Packers!

so w/ Denver being our primary competition for Quinn - it is actually better for Falcons for Seattle to win this week.

If Seattle wins, then only Falcons can interview Quinn a 2nd time - and presumably lock him up except for formal signing.

If Seattle loses, then Denver can try and get interview w/ Quinn immediately and possibly steal him from Falcons.

Go Sea Hags!!!!!! Beat Packers!

If it is true that he wants to be here, I do not think we have much to worry about. I also think it is clear that Quinn is our top choice and has been for a while. Denver is still talking about promoting Gase or grabbing Kubiak. They would have to hire him after one interview, which I do not see happening. I think we are a lock for Quinn, so long as we do not jump the gun and grab Austin.