Do I Have A Problem?

Zaphod

So, a little backstory first-I'm a very passionate person in all aspects of my life. Some people have told me before that I overreact sometimes or I take things too seriously. I always say to those people to mind their own business and they don't know my struggle.

Anyways, here's the story.

I was watching the Carolina (I'm a Panthers fan) and Seattle playoff game last weekend by myself. My wife usually takes the kids to her mothers during games because she says she "doesn't like what I become during games". Whatever that means. Well, this time she stayed home because her mom was volunteering at her church. During the game and after I had a few beers I started to get understandably angry. I was shouting at the tv when my wife came in and told me to stop cursing because the kids were scared. I didn't see her coming in and at the same time I had thrown the remote at the wall. It bounced off the wall and hit her in the side. First of all, it barely hit her. It was a ricochet and couldn't have hurt her that bad. She got really upset and started getting in my face yelling that I was out of control and needed help. But while she was doing that she was standing in front of the TV. I tried to look around her because there was a big third down coming up but then she got more in my face yelling even louder. So I really wanted to see the play so I pushed her a little to the side. Not even that hard seriously. But when I did she lost her balance and fell onto our coffee table that has a glass top and the glass shattered. She completely lost her mind and started screaming and crying. She took the kids out of the house and has been staying with her mother ever since. I thought she would have already come back by now because we have had similar situations before but now she's saying if I don't get professional help that she's leaving me for good. She also is saying that I can't watch football anymore.

Since this is a football board I figured everyone here is passionate too so I guess my question is so you guys think I actually have a problem and should I do what she says?

Don't take this the wrong way but it's possible that you may have an issue. I personally don't allow myself to get to that point while watching sports so there is no possible way for me to truthfully say I've been there before. Throwing remotes and so forth isn't really necessary. Cursing is normal but I don't do it around my 4 year old so I can't get with that either.

Don't take this the wrong way but it's possible that you may have an issue. I personally don't allow myself to get to that point while watching sports so there is no possible way for me to truthfully say I've been there before. Throwing remotes and so forth isn't really necessary. Cursing is normal but I don't do it around my 4 year old so I can't get with that either.

So do you think you're better than me because I'm more passionate of a fan than you? You don't know me.

Couple questions .

How old are you ? 39

have you ever assaulted your wife under non-football Circumstances ? No? And I didn't assault her this time either.

Do you live in a trailer Park ? What does that have to do with anything?

How many beer's did you consume before giving her so many left's she was begging for a right ?

I had about 7 beers but I don't understand the rest of your question.

lol I'm not even gonna entertain this. I don't read your posts but if I had to guess, you're probably an alt[/quote

That's what I thought

you took the post the wrong way. You ask a question looking for honesty and you got it. If you really wanted to discuss it you wouldn't have taken it that way.

Let's see, you threw the remote and hit your wife with it. And instead of being remorseful, you pushed her out of the way and she fell into the coffee table. Yes, I would say you have a huge problem on your hands. Stop being a violent, out of control dbag and respect other people. Especially your wife.