Is This Thing On? Because It's Getting Ready To Be On!

XXVIII-III

» "We are going to build a bully and we're going to see if you want to play us for 60 minutes."

» "Are we going to do 'ground and pound'? Yeah. You're darn right we are. Are we going to throw it? Yeah, we got Sammy Watkins outside, why wouldn't we throw it?"

» "As (owner) Terry (Pegula) likes to say, we have one ego. I go, 'Yes sir, that's exactly right. When he hired me that ego got a little bigger."

» On the perception he lost his swagger by the end of his Jets tenure: "I lost some victories along the way. I haven't lost my swagger."

» When asked if he's looking forward to facing the Jets: "I'll be honest. It's still the Patriots that I want the most."

» Some sneaky Jim Schwartz shade: "You mentioned how well we played on defense last year. You know, fourth in the league is probably a little disappointing, to be honest with you. Because that's not where my expectations are. I know we'll lead the league in defense."

» His friends from the old Jets beat trekked up to Buffalo for the news conference. Ryan appeared irked when Brian Costello of the New York Post asked him why Bills fans shouldn't believe he is a mediocre coach.

"Because I think they realize that that I'm not a mediocre coach. The record may say that, especially this year ... they understand the game a lot better than you give them credit for."