Why The Falcons Coaching Search May Be Going Exactly As Planned

FentayeJones

If this works out the way I'm thinking, all of those downing the front office will need to offer their apologies because this would mean the Falcons played the Bills and Jets to lessen the competition for Quinn and did it beautifully...

I've thought for a little while, that it was actually the Bills and the Jets that made the "panic hire," as in they saw that we might hire someone that they liked, and threw a contract at them, before we got a shot.

The Falcons liked Quinn right out of the gate and knew they would have to wait for him. They also knew they had to keep interviewing to show they were following the "process" and to not tip their hand to the rest of the league.. I promise you they have been in contact with his agent all through this "process" and they most likely already have agreed to a contract and know his coaching staff he will bring. I just hope Quinn is the guy, but you have to be impressed with our front office.

We don't know who the short list from Korn Ferry was. I am sure they had the coaches rated in tiers. And I am sure they had contingency plans for an armageddon event that their short list got scooped up. There must have been 5 or 6 college coaches inbthe back burner as well as secondary level assistants. I think many of the names have been folks that they had to interview to fully gauge. But their sites have been on Quinn and Austin from the get go. Just seems that is how its playing out.

Just a few days ago, I said this was the most likely scenario of all the insanity and panic widespread through the fanbase the last two weeks.

I suggested the most likely situation is the Falcons have everything under control and know exactly what they want to do, already know who they want so all this negative speculative nonsense will probably all be for naught.

I would like nothing more than to have Arthur Blank outsmart hs most fervent detractors who have been screaming bloody murder on here for two weeks, calling him and idiot etc.