If We Hire Mcdaniels

fan since 1968

Will all the stress and dysfunction turn into creative energy? Maybe Pioli is being harsh with Austin because he sincerely wants the best for the Falcons, and the best is the pure Patriot Way, which has never been fully implemented outside of New England. Maybe with McDaniels, a true disciple of the Patriot Way, as head coach the scouting department can function to its fullest potential, in a way it never could with Smitty. Maybe with added maturity and a like minded front office McDaniels could turn into a young Belichick. Maybe there is a method to the madness. Maybe they'll prove everybody wrong. Maybe I need to take a nap.

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I was in favor of firing everybody, but since the Falcons didn't, I am warming to the idea that McDaniels is the best hire.

If this is going to work with Pioli and TD, I think it is best to have a coach that knows and trust them and vice versa. Hiring somebody who is going to butt heads with them....that never ends well.

Will all the stress and dysfunction turn into creative energy? Maybe Pioli is being harsh with Austin because he sincerely wants the best for the Falcons, and the best is the pure Patriot Way, which has never been fully implemented outside of New England. Maybe with McDaniels, a true disciple of the Patriot Way, as head coach the scouting department can function to its fullest potential, in a way it never could with Smitty. Maybe with added maturity and a like minded front office McDaniels could turn into a young Belichick. Maybe there is a method to the madness. Maybe they'll prove everybody wrong. Maybe I need to take a nap.

The Patriot Way?! LOL. The Patriot Way is to draft one of the NFL's three greatest QBs in round 6 and have your starter go down with a lacerated spleen. If McDaniels can replicate that, I say bring him on today.

seriously. if the falcons hire mcdaniels, im done with them. you know why? i dont like cheaters. mcdaniels cant win away from the cheater patroits. he proved that in denver.

second, it would prove that this whole hiring process was a sham from the beginning.......... i can see the press conference now with pioli and dummytroff:

" we felt with our past experience with mcdaniels in new england, that he was the best fit for our head coaching position, blah, blah, blah"..

Edited by atlbenz

seriously. if the falcons hire mcdaniels, im done with them. you know why? i dont like cheaters. mcdaniels cant win away from the cheater patroits. he proved that in denver.

second, it would prove that this whole hiring process was a sham from the beginning..........

If you ain't cheatin', you ain't tryin'. And McDaniels won with Tim Tebow. Think about that for a minute. Of course, he got fired because he insisted on drafting Tim Tebow, but you get my drift.

I was in favor of firing everybody, but since the Falcons didn't, I am warming to the idea that McDaniels is the best hire. If this is going to work with Pioli and TD, I think it is best to have a coach that knows and trust them and vice versa. Hiring somebody who is going to butt heads with them....that never ends well.

The reason the Patriots work and continue to work is because of Bill Belichick and Tom Brady. Neither one of those guys are going to be Falcons soon.

How did Charlie Weis work out once he left New England?

How did Romeo Crennel work out once he left New England?

I'll patiently wait for your response.

McDaniels is a polarizing guy, but he was the OC for the greatest offense of all time. Was that offense loaded? Well yeah.

But....people thought Randy Moss was done when he went to New England, and nobody knew what a stud Wes Welker was either. Josh McDaniels took that with Tom Brady and they lit up the scoreboard like it had never been done before.

The Falcons have some pretty d*mn good peices for Josh to work with too.

The reason the Patriots work and continue to work is because of Bill Belichick and Tom Brady. Neither one of those guys are going to be Falcons soon.

How did Charlie Weis work out once he left New England?

How did Romeo Crennel work out once he left New England?

I'll patiently wait for your response.

Eric Mangini in Cleveland or New York?

Josh McD in Denver?

His coaching tree has had the fewest successes of any great coaching tree in recent history. They wear the hoodie and keep the surly look on their faces but somehow find out that looking the part isn't being the part. Belicheck gets away with being a butthead it because he wins, not the other way around.

McDaniels is a polarizing guy, but he was the OC for the greatest offense of all time. Was that offense loaded? Well yeah. But....people thought Randy Moss was done when he went to New England, and nobody knew what a stud Wes Welker was either. Josh McDaniels took that with Tom Brady and they lit up the scoreboard like it had never been done before. The Falcons have some pretty d*mn good peices for Josh to work with too.

Wait a minute.

You used this same line of reasoning to crap on Quinn. Didn't you say that the Seahawks had the most incredible secondary ever assembled?

So, let's get things straight. A stacked offense for McDaniels isn't a detriment to him or a black mark on his resume' but a stacked D means Quinn is along for the ride?

Great logic man, just great....

so the Falcons might as well hire a coach they know and trust.

Bull$%#^.

First of all, Pioli and Dimitroff aren't the sum total of the Falcons.

Secondly, the first prerequisite for the Falcons hire shouldn't be someone that Pioli and Dimitroff know, it should be the best and most qualified man for the job.

Even though Denver was a disaster because of the Cutler and Brandon Marshall deals, there were some interesting things McDaniels did in Denver too.

Like turn Orton into a gun slinger for a minute and make a career scrub like Brandon Lloyd into the most productive receiver in the league.

Bull$%#^.

First of all, Pioli and Dimitroff aren't the sum total of the Falcons.

Secondly, the first prerequisite for the Falcons hire shouldn't be someone that Pioli and Dimitroff know, it should be the best and most qualified man for the job.

I agree 100%. But I also think that the fans don't necessarily know who the best man for the job is.

Quinn inherited an offense that was already great.

That has been shot down by Cappy, myself and a few other posters on here so many times. It's an insult to everything Quinn has done in both of his stints with the Seahawks that I'm not going to waste time responding to it any longer.

Do a little extra homework. Go read some of the comments of players who were with McDaniels in Denver. They hated his guts. You and handful of other McDaniels supporters on here are counting on a total personality change and epiphany by McDaniels.

Good luck with that.

It's been shot down that Quinn inherited a great defense? Give me a freaking break.

Quinn left Seattle when the defense had been ranked 25th or worse three years in a row, including the two years he had been there.

He came back and inherited the number 1 scoring defense in the NFL.

Facts.

McDaniels was way too arrogant in Denver, but there are many very arrogant coaches who get along just fine if they win.

The New England offense doesn't seem to have a problem with him.

More than being a supporter, I just think he is the guy the Falcons are going to hire. I am OK with it, hardly giddy.