Psl Really .........

Big Marc

ARTHUR BLANK - You are ruining our franchise. OUR franchise. You are simply the guy who paid money to buy the team so you could profit from it. Those of us who are season ticket holders have remained loyal thru thick and thin (mostly thin - even on your watch). We are emotionally and financially invested in this team. You may be both of those, but you are primarily profit driven. You proved this with the announcement of your PSL costs. Falcons mailings, posts and advertisements are a sell job to the fans as though the new stadium is our new home. This stadium is not ours. Most of us will never be able to afford to see the inside of your stadium to watch OUR team play. The stadium is another profit move for you. You get season ticket holders to buy a new stadium (asset) so you can use it to profit. YOU have taken away something from most season ticket holders that we hold dear - the experience of going to watch and cheer OUR team. I realize you will never read this and that if you do, you won't give a **** what I or other fans think or feel. If you did, you would not price us out of being supportive fans of OUR team. Maybe you sell all the PSLs to corporations and fat cats, but who will be left to cheer OUR team? I hope you fail miserably in this endeavor. I may have only talked online to merely hundreds of season ticket holders, but not one has said they will renew their accounts in the new stadium. You should probably listen to us, but you will not. You are officially a bad owner.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

ARTHUR BLANK - You are ruining our franchise. OUR franchise. You are simply the guy who paid money to buy the team so you could profit from it. Those of us who are season ticket holders have remained loyal thru thick and thin (mostly thin - even on your watch). We are emotionally and financially invested in this team. You may be both of those, but you are primarily profit driven. You proved this with the announcement of your PSL costs. Falcons mailings, posts and advertisements are a sell job to the fans as though the new stadium is our new home. This stadium is not ours. Most of us will never be able to afford to see the inside of your stadium to watch OUR team play. The stadium is another profit move for you. You get season ticket holders to buy a new stadium (asset) so you can use it to profit. YOU have taken away something from most season ticket holders that we hold dear - the experience of going to watch and cheer OUR team. I realize you will never read this and that if you do, you won't give a **** what I or other fans think or feel. If you did, you would not price us out of being supportive fans of OUR team. Maybe you sell all the PSLs to corporations and fat cats, but who will be left to cheer OUR team? I hope you fail miserably in this endeavor. I may have only talked online to merely hundreds of season ticket holders, but not one has said they will renew their accounts in the new stadium. You should probably listen to us, but you will not. You are officially a bad owner.

Post of the Decade. Blank is ruining this franchise with incompetence and greed, and he'll get the message when the stadium is empty or full of corporate stiffs sipping martinis and not cheering. Great job energizing the loyal fanbase by evicting them from their seats.

Post of the Decade. Blank is ruining this franchise with incompetence and greed, and he'll get the message when the stadium is empty or full of corporate stiffs sipping martinis and not cheering. Great job energizing the loyal fanbase by evicting them from their seats.

If there are butts in the seats, do you really think he cares who they belong to? He's a number cruncher billionaire who's big concern is the next nickel for the coffers....

If there are butts in the seats, do you really think he cares who they belong to? He's a number cruncher billionaire who's big concern is the next nickel for the coffers....

He definitely doesn't care, since PSL's are all about getting 30-years' worth of money up front, but the gameday atmosphere will be pretty d@mn embarrassing to potential free agents and the media. Blank will probably just sell the team and stadium at that point, Atlanta be d@mned.

if it is as bad as you think it is Blank will eventually sell, the team gets a fresh owner, and things are better. This team isn't on the bottom rung of franchises, and the NFL is beyond popular.

Or ... things get better under Blank and the team is winning again. I don't see why there is such intense panicking everywhere.

Edited by Strife

if it is as bad as you think it is Blank will eventually sell, the team gets a fresh owner, and things are better. This team isn't on the bottom rung of franchises, and the NFL is beyond popular.

Or ... things get better under Blank and the team is winning again. I don't see why there is such intense panicking everywhere.

SephirothFire.gif

"Hope you enjoyed your season tickets. The price just went up. Ok bye."

It's probably been discussed on other threads, but you guys do realize this is the PSL pricing for the CLUB LEVEL EXECUTIVE suites and that the pricing will be tiered based on where the seats are in the stands? Just like the ticket prices are tiered - you'd pay 10x as much for a Club Level seat than a seat in the upper deck - so will the PSLs.

While I expect my PSLs to possibly price me out of where I currently sit, I don't believe they will be anywhere near the $10,000-$45,000 the media has hyped up to this stage.

It's probably been discussed on other threads, but you guys do realize this is the PSL pricing for the CLUB LEVEL EXECUTIVE suites and that the pricing will be tiered based on where the seats are in the stands? Just like the ticket prices are tiered - you'd pay 10x as much for a Club Level seat than a seat in the upper deck - so will the PSLs.

While I expect my PSLs to possibly price me out of where I currently sit, I don't believe they will be anywhere near the $10,000-$45,000 the media has hyped up to this stage.

That wasn't the point, except for people that have sat on the downstairs sidelines for $1700 per seat until now (for example, me). The issue is paying for something twice, especially when that something is a subpar product managed by morons.

That wasn't the point, except for people that have sat on the downstairs sidelines for $1700 per seat until now (for example, me). The issue is paying for something twice, especially when that something is a subpar product managed by morons.

I see the point, but at the same time, as a season ticket holder, you also have the right to sell, and make money off of, your seats. This now also translates to your PSL. Unlike the cost of the game day seats which are what they are when you decide to buy them, the value of the PSLs, which you would've already bought into at a set price, will fluctuate with the value of the team. If I buy my PSL now for $5,000, and in 10 years I decide to sell them and based on inflation (and hopefully a few Super Bowl wins), I can sell them to someone interested in season tickets and they are worth $8,000, then I can make some decent capital on them. I'll have the right and authority to do so. No guarantees, but when are there guarantees with any type of investment, which is what the option to maintain the seats will become.

If the point is a financial point only, it is null and void if you look at it at that perspective.

"If I buy my PSL now for $5,000, and in 10 years I decide to sell them and based on inflation (and hopefully a few Super Bowl wins), I can sell them to someone interested in season tickets and they are worth $8,000, then I can make some decent capital on them."

Unlikely... If you look at the history of PSL's around the league, they are almost always money losers...

As such, PSL's are a sucker bet as an investment... Assume any PSL $ you pay is completely pissed away... Anything you get back after buying is found money...

At the end of the day, football is a business. From the top to the bottom. The owners try to maximize profits, the players hold out for big contracts, the FO tries to put together a good team so they don't get fired, the maintenance staff tries to keep everything running so they don't get canned, so forth and so forth.

I think it's a bit misguided to say Blank doesn't care about the fans. He cares about the fans, but only as a result in that the fans line his pockets with money. It would be bad business to plss off the customer. Now, you (and many others) are rightfully plssed off about the PSLs. My proposition to you is that you boycott the team. Don't buy the tickets, the gear, don't go to games, and don't buy concessions.

Sometimes, the only way to get through to people is to disrupt their cash flow.

I see the point, but at the same time, as a season ticket holder, you also have the right to sell, and make money off of, your seats. This now also translates to your PSL. Unlike the cost of the game day seats which are what they are when you decide to buy them, the value of the PSLs, which you would've already bought into at a set price, will fluctuate with the value of the team. If I buy my PSL now for $5,000, and in 10 years I decide to sell them and based on inflation (and hopefully a few Super Bowl wins), I can sell them to someone interested in season tickets and they are worth $8,000, then I can make some decent capital on them. I'll have the right and authority to do so. No guarantees, but when are there guarantees with any type of investment, which is what the option to maintain the seats will become.

If the point is a financial point only, it is null and void if you look at it at that perspective.

The astronomical price hike will prevent many STH's from even renewing. As far as the investment growing or tanking, there's overwhelming evidence of the latter, for example:

Fed-up Jets fans are desperately trying to unload their personal seat licenses (NY Post)

If people can't sell PSL's in a market THAT size, good luck selling them here, much less at a profit.

As far as the right and authority to do so:

Documents reveal Falcons' plan for personal seat licenses (myAJC.com: requires subscription now)

The article is behind a paywall now, but the open records request showed that the Falcons have to approve any resale of PSL's AND they'll charge a fee. And they'll require an affidavit that the buyer isn't buying the seats with an intention to make a profit on selling the seats (apparently to prevent ticket scalpers from buying up PSL's when the value inevitably plummets). Not being able to resell PSL's to scalpers further shrinks the PSL owners' ability to get rid of them, much less for a profit.

Bottom line: it's a BAD DEAL for fans!

http://boards.atlantafalcons.com/topic/3998057-some-p-s-l-program-details-revealed-open-records-request/

The astronomical price hike will prevent many STH's from even renewing. As far as the investment growing or tanking, there's overwhelming evidence of the latter, for example:

Fed-up Jets fans are desperately trying to unload their personal seat licenses (NY Post)

If people can't sell PSL's in a market THAT size, good luck selling them here, much less at a profit.

As far as the right and authority to do so:

Documents reveal Falcons' plan for personal seat licenses (myAJC.com: requires subscription now)

The article is behind a paywall now, but the open records request showed that the Falcons have to approve any resale of PSL's AND they'll charge a fee. And they'll require an affidavit that the buyer isn't buying the seats with an intention to make a profit on selling the seats (apparently to prevent ticket scalpers from buying up PSL's when the value inevitably plummets). Not being able to resell PSL's to scalpers further shrinks the a PSL's owners ability to get rid of them, especially for a profit.

Bottom line: it's a BAD DEAL for fans!

http://boards.atlantafalcons.com/topic/3998057-some-p-s-l-program-details-revealed-open-records-request/

I will never understand why people say PSLs are an 'investment opportunity.'

Well maybe I do. People that legitimately think PSLs are an investment opportunity have a lot of bad financial decisions in their future.

"If I buy my PSL now for $5,000, and in 10 years I decide to sell them and based on inflation (and hopefully a few Super Bowl wins), I can sell them to someone interested in season tickets and they are worth $8,000, then I can make some decent capital on them." Unlikely... If you look at the history of PSL's around the league, they are almost always money losers... As such, PSL's are a sucker bet as an investment... Assume any PSL $ you pay is completely pissed away... Anything you get back after buying is found money...

And you're on the hook to buy season tickets every year for 30 years, despite the inevitable price hikes (and they've already doubled in my old section). If you don't renew one year, for any reason (emergency medical bills, kids' tuition, lost job), you lose your initial investment and they sell your seat, again, to some other sucker fan.

"Sucker bet" is a good way to describe it. Blank wants people to overpay so they can feel like they own something in the stadium, when all they would own is the burden of paying to see a soft, mismanaged football team and none of the other events. He was hoping the team would win a Superbowl by now so fans would act irrationally and pay up, but the last two failed season, including getting blasted by Carolina this year, blew up in his face. The front office circus is just icing on the cake, and it's completely his fault for not getting rid of these clowns.

I will never understand why people say PSLs are an 'investment opportunity.'

Well maybe I do. People that legitimately think PSLs are an investment opportunity have a lot of bad financial decisions in their future.

It's a great investment...for Blank. He gets paid to build the stadium and he gets most the money up front before the team even plays (loses) one game in the new stadium laugh.png