Falcons Front Office Is A Mess.....it Is Playing Out In Front Of The Entire Nfl For All To See...

g-dawg

this is really embarrassing. this stuff coming out today is just confirming a lot of our suspicions.

Arthur is just too close to all of this. He is trying......but he is trying too hard. Arthur is trying to build this fortress of front office and executive talent - because he does not trust his head guy - Dimitroff.

In the last year, Arthur has brought in:

• Scott Pioli (former GM)
  • Billy Devaney (former GM)
  • never fired Rich McKay (former GM)
  • hired Korn Ferry - who is STILL INVOLVED (why?)
  • hired Joe Banner as a consultant

We hear today that Rich McKay is leading the interviews. In the room is Arthur Blank, Rich McKay, Thomas Dimitroff, Scott Pioli and some Korn Ferry guy in the corner - FIVE people in the room - to interview the head coaching candidate.

McKay is openly telling the HC candidates - "We have F'd up the draft and have no defensive talent"....

Bowles said he felt the pressure in Atlanta right now felt a lot hotter than his other coaching interviews.

In NFL circles, there is a lot of uncertainty about the Falcons front office.

It's F'd up.....if you take off your homer glasses, you can see it clearly.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Interviewing people you don't fel comfortable with and telling them that is disrespectful and insulting.

I've been a supporter of Dimitroff and Blank (until recently) but something is sour.

Pioli has always been known as a jerk.

if Pioli's "daddy-in-law" was not Bill Parcells, he probably would already be out of the NFL.

Jets brought in two former GMs to help with their search process.

It's just silly to think that interviewing with 4 people is overwhelming.

Banner is there to work with McKay on the stadium. Haven't seen anything about him or Devaney involved in interviewing.

Korn Ferry is there to make contacts that would be tampering if the Falcons made them directly.

That leaves Blank, TD and Pioli & McKay, with Blank making the ultimate decision.

Jets brought in two former GMs to help with their search process.

It's just silly to think that interviewing with 4 people is overwhelming.

Banner is there to work with McKay on the stadium. Haven't seen anything about him or Devaney involved in interviewing.

Korn Ferry is there to make contacts that would be tampering if the Falcons made them directly.

That leaves Blank, TD and Pioli & McKay, with Blank making the ultimate decision.

are you using the Jets as an example to try and comfort us? the J-E-T-S - Jets!

this is really embarrassing. this stuff coming out today is just confirming a lot of our suspicions.

Arthur is just too close to all of this. He is trying......but he is trying too hard. Arthur is trying to build this fortress of front office and executive talent - because he does not trust his head guy - Dimitroff.

In the last year, Arthur has brought in:

• Scott Pioli (former GM)
  • Billy Devaney (former GM)
  • never fired Rich McKay (former GM)
  • hired Korn Ferry - who is STILL INVOLVED (why?)
  • hired Joe Banner as a consultant

We hear today that Rich McKay is leading the interviews. In the room is Arthur Blank, Rich McKay, Thomas Dimitroff, Scott Pioli and some Korn Ferry guy in the corner - FIVE people in the room - to interview the head coaching candidate.

McKay is openly telling the HC candidates - "We have F'd up the draft and have no defensive talent"....

Bowles said he felt the pressure in Atlanta right now felt a lot hotter than his other coaching interviews.

In NFL circles, there is a lot of uncertainty about the Falcons front office.

It's F'd up.....if you take off your homer glasses, you can see it clearly.

You dont know if Devaney, Korn Ferry and Banner are in the interview room. The rest is your delusion.

Stop being "Sky is falling". They will announce when they can and interviewing all the candidates they think can change the Falcons.

are you using the Jets as an example to try and comfort us? the J-E-T-S - Jets!

No, I'm pointing out that having more than one or two persons involved in the coaching hire is normal.

Bear hired Accorsi as a consultant.

Like I said Korn Ferry is there to make contacts that would be tampering if the Falcons made them directly.

Banner is there to help McKay with the stadium, Devaney is there for scouting.

It's only confusing it you assume TD shouldn't be a part of the process.

Interviewing people you don't fel comfortable with and telling them that is disrespectful and insulting.

I've been a supporter of Dimitroff and Blank (until recently) but something is sour.

Pioli has always been known as a jerk.

Yeah.

Pioli being an asswhole is known already, that's a given. We knew that before he was hired.

Edited by Genius

You dont know if Devaney, Korn Ferry and Banner are in the interview room. The rest is your delusion.

Stop being "Sky is falling". They will announce when they can and interviewing all the candidates they think can change the Falcons.

I did not say that Devaney and Banner was in the room.

I did say (maybe in another thread) that Blank, McKay(leading the interview), Dimitroff, Pioli and the Korn Ferry guy were in the room. This is what Steak Shapiro said on 680 and I believe he had that sourced from somewhere.

It's not surprising Bowles felt more pressure in his interview here. Does anyone else get the vibe when we play ball it's always under pressure? We're never the ones attacking, just the ones trying not to mess up

I thought Smitty brought that attitude upon us but maybe it starts even higher

This entire organization is playing tight and scared.

I do not buy an of this malarkey. Where is the evidence of any of this. Pioli is not going to tell a candidate that he does not have enough experience. Austin could easily wait til next year or ignore the falcons. He does not need this job and if someone disrespected me the way people have said, then I would not come back.

I highly doubt all these GMs are in the same interview. Rich McKay is probably worried about the stadium and if he is not the interview, it is only to give his input. TD is still Pioli's boss.

lol, the coaching search kind of feels like Smitty's coaching style, doesn't it?

Or not.

You're making several assumptions- that the Falcons really wanted Ryan & Bowles, that the Falcons interview process is substantially different than other teams,that people are confused about the Falcon FO hierarchy, that only certain reports/rumors are true, that what's going on in with the falcons is so much more incoherent than what's going on elsewhere.

none of that is necessarily true.

Falcons could be completely relaxed because they have deal in place with Quinn or because they liked Bowles and Austin equally well.