Knee Jerk Falcons Point To Dan Quinn

Genius

While I think that if TD could choose a HC, he'd hire Josh McDaniels or another OC like Gase, I do feel like Blank may override all his GMs and go with the typical Falcon FO move - knee jerk and hire Dan Quinn.

Falcons have a history of knee jerk reactions, swinging too far to the other side of the pendulum, and not solving any problems. Falcons have also a history of going with what's 'hot' not what's 'right'.

1: Mora was too much of a players coach so we go with Petrino - way opposite end of the spectrum

2: Vick got in trouble so Falcon Filter was initiated and thus team is now a bunch of choir boys with no aggression.

3: Patriots are top franchise so Blank goes and hire the underqualified TD. TD's resume includes coaching a corporate football team in Japan and being a groundskeeper for the Browns.

4: Falcons get blown out by Packers because Falcons couldn't score more points so spend 5 picks to draft Julio Jones.

5: Falcons run the ball too much and doesn't use screens so we go and hire a coach that passes and runs screens all day - and excessively.

6: Seahawks blow out Broncos and now Blank now likely wants a piece of that pie, completely disregarding the fact that the reason their defense is so good is because of TALENT and Pete Carrol's ability to find talent and recruit them. Defense is now the 'big' thing in Falcon land so let's hire a DC from the top defense in past couple years.

There is no balance when it comes to the Falcons. It's all knee jerk.

Note: I'm not making any opinion on whether or not Quinn is a good coach or not. All I'm saying is I hope we hire him for the right reasons, i.e. best coach for the job, and not because he was on Seahawks.

Edited by Genius

It's who you and I wanted the entire time, guess that makes us knee jerk fans...

Not really. You may have wanted Dan Quinn because you think he's the best coach. Falcons may want Dan Quinn because he's on the Seahawks and Seahawks are new hot thing. If Dan Quinn was on the Colts and coached their D up to top 10, and Joe Schmoe was on Seahawks, Falcons likely would go after Joe Schmoe over Dan Quinn.

There's a difference.

Edited by Genius

It actually makes alot of sense. Blank moves from one theme to the other every season because he likes what he sees across the fence better than what he has.

It's why our team has no identity.

You see the word "if" in my post? Apparently you didn't Grimley.

"If" Quinn has been who Blank and the Falcons have wanted to be the next head coach there has been absolutely nothing about this coaching search that has been "knee-jerk."

Quinn was one of the first men interviewed. The Falcons haven't hired anyone else yet as far as I'm able to glean from news reports. Unless they hire Austin in the next few days the Falcons are patiently waiting on Quinn to become available.

"If" that is their plan that is not even in the same zip code as "knee-jerk."

You see the word "if" in my post? Apparently you didn't Grimley.

"If" Quinn has been who Blank and the Falcons have wanted to be the next head coach there has been absolutely nothing about this coaching search that has been "knee-jerk."

Quinn was one of the first men interviewed. The Falcons haven't hired anyone else yet as far as I'm able to glean from news reports. Unless they hire Austin in the next few days the Falcons are patiently waiting on Quinn to become available.

"If" that is their plan that is not even in the same zip code as "knee-jerk."

I'm not trying to insult you but I don't think you understand what the op is saying.

He's not saying quinn will be a knee-jerk hire. He's saying the fact they are going after quinn austin bowles is because it's blanks knee-jerk decision to become a defensive team.

Now before you pick apart that comment, curley, there's nothing wrong with what Blank is wanting to do now expect it's one step behind as usual.

I love the "talent" thing when talking about Quinn. As though that defense is built out of something other than mid-round draft picks and FA cast offs.

Quinn, Bradley and Carroll have put together the best defense the league has seen in 10 years. They've done it by cycling through players, adapting schemes to fit available talent and playing smart, aggressive football predicated on film study.

Quinn wasn't my first choice but the "Falcons knee jerk" narrative is not only inapplicable, it's absolutely ridiculous.