Why Are We Doing The Interviewing?

Dirtybird3

Seems it should be the other way around. Doesnt seem like we were the hot commodity we thought we were. Everyone thought having a franchise qb and wr would make us the 1 landing spot but we lost out on the 2 best coaches for this team to teams with more pieces on defense than offense. How about we have a contract on the table waiting and hope its good enough. I just have a weird feeling we eff this up austin is going to san fran or some other team that will kill us when we play them.

Everyone needs to chill.

1. Rex wanted to coach in Atlanta, but he couldn't wait and took another job.

2. Bowles has never been a HC and we have no idea if he will transition from a great DC to a great HC.

We have no idea how well he interviewed last week or if he would have ever been offered the ATL job.

Let the process play out.

Seems it should be the other way around. Doesnt seem like we were the hot commodity we thought we were. Everyone thought having a franchise qb and wr would make us the 1 landing spot but we lost out on the 2 best coaches for this team to teams with more pieces on defense than offense. How about we have a contract on the table waiting and hope its good enough. I just have a weird feeling we eff this up austin is going to san fran or some other team that will kill us when we play them.

Except I don't think we lost out on the 2 best coaches, I think we lost out on options #3 and #4 and if that's the case, we didn't "lose"...

Everyone needs to chill.

1. Rex wanted to coach in Atlanta, but he couldn't wait and took another job.

2. Bowles has never been a HC and we have no idea if he will transition from a great DC to a great HC.

We have no idea how well he interviewed last week or if he would have ever been offered the ATL job.

Let the process play out.

I cant name someone who went straight to a hc position, so everyone started out as oc or dc at one point in time. And theres no hc that was let go that I feel defensively would fit with our team. Who do you feel the process will land on that will translate into a good hc

Except I don't think we lost out on the 2 best coaches, I think we lost out on options #3 and #4 and if that's the case, we didn't "lose"...

Whos 1 and 2?

I cant name someone who went straight to a hc position, so everyone started out as oc or dc at one point in time. And theres no hc that was let go that I feel defensively would fit with our team. Who do you feel the process will land on that will translate into a good hc

I wasn't saying don't hire a coordinator. It is just some are better coordinators and do not translate into good HC.

Bowles just hired Gailey as his OC. I for one am gald we pass on that.

Edited by notthatcool

CHILL, people.

Ryan has alot of Bill Parcells DNA in him. I'm sure he wanted more control of the roster than the Falcons were willing to give.

In Buffalo, Pegula, the new owner is desperate. He had a Quitrino Coach leave for greener pastures. Pegula wants and needs some "Buzz" in their franchise........and he's now got it.

There are T O N S of communication going on between Flowery Branch and a few CHOICE coaches agents....24/7, behind the scenes.

T O N S !!

Relax.

The coach who WANTS to coach here will coach here.........and it just may be Mr. Quinn. There are a thousand ways to communicate with him and his agent without any visibility or broken rules. LOL

Relax.

Yea this is looking more and more like Austin and Quinn were our choices all along

I think that 5hr interview with rex prolonged the hiring process this year for every team. Teams were so set on us getting rex that they were working on every one else on the list and it just all changed when mrs blank passed and rex got impatient. Domino effect from there

If the Falcons had really wanted Rex, all they had to do was tell him that. They didn't. No matter how incompetent you think the Falcons are, they aren't that incompetent.

Same with Bowles, they could have made him an offer to match NY's, they didn't.

So the Falcon FO is either totally incompetent, to the point where they can't even return phone calls or they're doing just fine, and their top two candidates are still out there.