Prisco's Take On Why Coaches Are Avoiding The Falcons

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

yeah but does it really matter? besides Dimitroff tried to shift some of the personnel blame over to Smitty at the year-end presser.

Dimitroff and Pioli are one entity now - Piolioff!

TD at the press conference: I was equally responsible for the season with Smith.

That is not throwing Smith under the bus.

If everyone knows TD and Pioli didn't like him, I'm sure Rex knew too.

Except that that's just not true. Early reports were that Rex impressed TD, we only heard about about not being wanted after Rex took the job and we only heard it from Rex's camp.

It is infinitely worse.

Buffalo might not win big because they don't have a QB, but they'll be 8-8 or 9-7 with the best defense in the league.

Have you ever considered that Bowles took the NYJ job because there would be infinitely less pressure to win right away? He's already been handed a pretty good defensive roster and the offense is a disaster. He's going to be given time.

Bingo! I'm telling these coaches talk with on a another and they know Smith was the escape goat to pacify the fans. No Smith wasn't perfect and you could argue he lost two games...although a weak argument...but he was not the big problem with this franchise. He could only coach up so much with the weak talent given to him. It wasn't him who wanted to trade 5 for one named Julio...that's Blanks doing.

I am really interested in what an 'escape goat' is....

Lol but I thought it was the most desired position

Two way street bro. If guys don't feel like they're the guy the team wants, they're going to stray. Which is what has happened.

Also, it says a lot that the teams that consistently struggle are jumping in to the market while the better franchises are laying back and taking a measured approach.

Two way street bro. If guys don't feel like they're the guy the team wants, they're going to stray. Which is what has happened.

Also, it says a lot that the teams that consistently struggle are jumping in to the market while the better franchises are laying back and taking a measured approach.

I truly don't care one way or the other. I'm just enjoying the laughs that's coming from the situation

Both Bowles and Ryan took the jobs that were desperate to get filled so they (the other teams) offered immediate employment as an HC. I mean, Ryan picked the WORST offer on a team with a struggling offense and already good defense and Bowles took the JETS job (might even be worse than Buffalo's). We should take our time and pick the BEST coach for the job. It seems that the 49ers and the Falcons are smarter than the rest and it shows too. My biggest disappointment is Ryan, even for him, he took a lousy HC job.

I agree with this.

The crappiest teams in the hunt (aside from Oakland) jumped first