Go Packers!

Romfal

Why does Austin have to be a panic hire?

Hey, the guy could just blow the doors off Flowery Branch, who am I to say, but hiring Austin when you could have made a play for Rex or Bowles seems weird. Like I mentioned in the other thread, as of right now it seems we are in the driver seat for Quinn and Austin doesn't seem to be the front runner for any other job. Also if we in fact have an interview scheduled with Quinn for monday and we make a hire even before the Seattle plays, it just seems forced.

Hey, the guy could just blow the doors off Flowery Branch, who am I to say, but hiring Austin when you could have made a play for Rex or Bowles seems weird. Like I mentioned in the other thread, as of right now it seems we are in the driver seat for Quinn and Austin doesn't seem to be the front runner for any other job. Also if we in fact have an interview scheduled with Quinn for monday and we make a hire even before the Seattle plays, it just seems forced.

Well, we were already bringing him in for a 2nd interview, so he was clearly a guy that we were/are high on. The real question is, how high are we on Quinn?

Why does Austin have to be a panic hire?

I think people say that because most of the media types thought Teryl Austin was a good football coach but only a DC for 1 year in the NFL and all that initial media philosophy that said Teryl Austin is likely " a year away" from getting a head gig.

Now that I think about it. Austin is a tough guy. He's a no nonse kind of guy. The only thing that scares me is TD pushing guys like Biermann in his face to prove some type point. I hope like **** Austin or Bowles have the necessary backing to have the guys he needs to be a successful franchise. Please Mr. Blank I bug you to put the limits on the 53 and give that power or at least some of it back to the head coach. The three GM approach does not make sense to me.

Why not just let TD go. I promise you if Biermann is resigned by this team, then firing Mike Smith would have be all for not. Mr/ Blank I beg you to allow your new coach to bring his guys on defense. Allow him to build his own defense. Please, please, please.

The only defensive Falcon free agent we should sign is Corey Peters. Dude has heart and balls out. Please lets turn this team around. Bench Worrilow, bench Bartu and get real linebackers in here. Soilia is very athletic and can be a beast up front. The scheme we ran last year was stupid and did not take advantage of his true skill set. Let him get off like Suh does and see what happens. Tyson Jackson is a great 1st and 2nd down DE. He can handle the strong side of the field. I have no problems with him. He's not a 3 technique he's a solid 7 tech that can ball out if given the chance. Tyson had productive years with the Chiefs and that solid run defense.