Dan Quinn Reported Wants Falcons Hc Job

This is my biggest question with him. I assume he's flexible with the scheme he runs since he came from the Ravens defensive staff and instead of forcing something similar to what they do he instead fine tuned the 4-3 in Detroit since it best suited the personnel there.

I predict it would be majority 4-3 under

Edited by bigjmw84

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Wait on Quinn, Austin will probably still be available.

Bears will probably go with Fox

Raiders with Del Rio

49ers with Gase or Josh McDaniels

That leaves the Falcons and the Broncos with still Austin and Quinn available. Even if we lose the Quinn battle to Denver, Austin will still be there. Besides their is a good chance that Denver will get Kubiak and we could have our pick of Quinn and Austin.

Just throwing this out there because at this point, I really have no preference, but...

So no one wants Gase because he's young and he has Manning and all that talent there to make him and his schemes look good.

Could that argument not be used for Quinn as well? They're not doing exotic things up there. If you want to argue he has been the key in the development of the talent there, that's one thing, but the Quinn being the Gase of defense argument has merit.

Dont know why yall want this guy so bad. I can coach the Seahawks d to be top 5. Best d since the early 2000s ravens and bucs.

How did gus Bradley work out

Really disappointed that you would post something this stupid, but your avatar explains a lot.

I dont think he is, honestly. If so they´d have already hired him or put his interview ahead of Bowles. If they hire him tomorrow it will look rushed.

Okay, you don't think he is.

But maybe he really is. You really have no basis to think otherwise. None of us do.

Some posters already mentioned that Dan Quinn doesn't really scheme much and that it is the players doing the same defense over and over. I took it with a grain of salt when I heard this.

However, NFL network was interviewing Larry Fitz about what he will do next season and how he felt about the Seattle D. Basically Larry confirmed what was mentioned about Quinn - that the same defense is run over and over, nothing exotic, and that it's their players who find nuances in the opposing offenses that make things happen.

The idea that Dan Quinn is really fools gold is becoming more and more apparent. If Quinn is hired and he expects to do with the Atlanta D that he did with Seattle's, it will be a rude awakening for all.

Some posters already mentioned that Dan Quinn doesn't really scheme much and that it is the players doing the same defense over and over. I took it with a grain of salt when I heard this.

However, NFL network was interviewing Larry Fitz about what he will do next season and how he felt about the Seattle D. Basically Larry confirmed what was mentioned about Quinn - that the same defense is run over and over, nothing exotic, and that it's their players who find nuances in the opposing offenses that make things happen.

The idea that Dan Quinn is really fools gold is becoming more and more apparent. If Quinn is hired and he expects to do with the Atlanta D that he did with Seattle's, it will be a rude awakening for all.

He did coach prior to the Seahawks you know...

Quinn puts the players in the positions where they have the best chance to recognize what's happening on the field and utilize their individual talents....something Smith and Nolan NEVER DID.

You make it sound like Kam Chancellor is going up to Quinn saying "I want to play nose tackle this Sunday."

lol.

He coached it up and schemes a unit that is primarily mid round picks to be the #1 defense, both in scoring and overall, two years in a row. Gus Bradley also took over a dumpster fire team with no talent on either side of the ball that was guaranteed to take years to get off the ground.

But, please, keep posting. It's been fun for me over the past few days to see how ******** the Rex Ryan fan club members are.

Gus bradley took that defense from **** to sugar. They were #1 in points by the time he left kn 2012. #10 in 2011. Their players have started to hit their primes and now they're on the brink of being one of the greatest in the modern era. Not saying quinn didnt have a part in that because he did, but he did not have to build that D from the ground up like our next hc/dc will. Hope he proves me wrong, but hes barely been a DC in the league, **** in his life really.

Bradley took over a terrible roster, I agree, but their defense was probably better than ours and I dont see quinn coming in and working miracles on that side. Will we probably win more games than gusdid with the jags in year one or two? Probably so because our O is light years better than what they have, but as you've seen in the past 7 years until someone gets this defense rolling we can kiss being a contender good bye. Dont know that quinn will get it rolling, but once again I hope im wrong.

And there's no reason to throw around insults, it only makes YOU look bad.

Really disappointed that you would post something this stupid, but your avatar explains a lot.

Wow gritz didnt expect everyone to take my post so literally. And sorry if the fact that I wanted rex offended everyone so much. Just felt he was the best defensive mind and fit in what i feel is a sorry class of candidates.