What Is The Best Hc/oc/dc Combo?

We played against Fox for several years and I never got worried about what Fox was cooking up for us. I'm obviously not an insider but his coaching ability hasn't really ever impressed me. At the same time I don't think he is a bad coach either.

He's a great coach at exactly what made Mike Smith a great coach. For a team needing stability or a young team needing to be taught to play sound football, they're great. They just aren't the guys to take you over the top. Yes, I realize John Fox went to two Super Bowls, but one was in an era when running the football was how you could always win and the other was with one of the greatest quarterbacks of all time.

Fox and Smith are amazing coaches when you're dealing with a quarterback like Tebow or a rookie QB. They just can't outcoach anyone, which is what it takes to win a Super Bowl even when you're stock full of talent like Fox proved these past two years.

He's a great coach at exactly what made Mike Smith a great coach. For a team needing stability or a young team needing to be taught to play sound football, they're great. They just aren't the guys to take you over the top. Yes, I realize John Fox went to two Super Bowls, but one was in an era when running the football was how you could always win and the other was with one of the greatest quarterbacks of all time.

Fox and Smith are amazing coaches when you're dealing with a quarterback like Tebow or a rookie QB. They just can't outcoach anyone, which is what it takes to win a Super Bowl even when you're stock full of talent like Fox proved these past two years.

Pretty good assessment. They are solid coaches to come in and clean up a steaming pile of a situation like Carolina was and as was Atlanta at the time.

For those who want John Fox, did you think it was right to get rid of Mike Smith?

Yes. Not because he is a bad coach but just because the team wasn't responding to him anymore. It happens to almost every coach eventually.

I don't understand why you want to compare the two. Mike Smith wouldn't have nearly won the Super Bowl with Jake Delhomme at QB. Not in my opinion anyway.