2015 Imd Game

Robb4242

Guest King Jigsaw

Soo.. I kept waiting for someone to lambast the Eagles for "Chris Thornton" (it's Cedric), but then I see Robb also has it listed as Chris on the website.

You guys gotta get better about your player names, lol. I thought I was about to steal one.

Edited by King Jigsaw

Guest King Jigsaw

FU I'll spell my own teams player names right!

I'm not too confident in that anymore. People can't spell Worrilow. Or Biermann. Or Jacquizz.

I'm not too confident in that anymore. People can't spell Worrilow. Or Biermann. Or Jacquizz.

Oh I know my team. I somewhat know the Eagles cause my best bud is an Eagles fan, but I do a lot of this while inebriated so I'm sure there will be cracks. My Pats one will probably be worse lol

Edit: I just checked and it says Cedric. Where did I put chris? I'll edit.

Edited by FalconFanSince1969

Guest King Jigsaw

Fixed thread. Can't do much about website.

Yeah I know, I just was hoping I'd be able to grab Cedric and didn't see him tendered at first but then I realized there was no Chris Thornton lol

Really? Now Revis and Wilfork get cut. This is getting stupid.

Wilfork is 34 years old and Revis is a 25 mil cap hit. I don't exactly have the option of restructuring or extending Revis like the Pats will in reality. I guarantee you he isn't playing for them at a 25 million dollar cap hit though.

Edited by FalconFanSince1969

Wilfork is 34 years old and Revis is a 25 mil cap hit. I don't exactly have the option of restructuring or extending Revis like the Pats will in reality. I guarantee you he isn't playing for them at a 25 million dollar cap hit though.

It doesn't matter than Wilfork is 34. He is still playing at a very very high level and is a franchise player. The Pats won't/aren't going to cut him. I get your point on restructuring its just annoying that it makes the game so unrealistic.

It doesn't matter than Wilfork is 34. He is still playing at a very very high level and is a franchise player. The Pats won't/aren't going to cut him. I get your point on restructuring its just annoying that it makes the game so unrealistic.

Larry Fitzgerald

Andre Johnson

Troy Polamalu

Adrian Peterson

All franchise players that have been cut so far because they are either old, expensive or both. Age to cost ratio does matter.

Really? Now Revis and Wilfork get cut. This is getting stupid.

its not unreasonable, both will probably get restructured if they stay IRL, so if he wants to cut them and resign them to attempt the same he is free to do so. I'm doing the same with Larry Fitzgerald. Its crazy to think Arizona will pay him 25 mil.

Larry Fitzgerald

Andre Johnson

Troy Polamalu

Adrian Peterson

All franchise players that have been cut so far because they are either old, expensive or both. Age to cost ratio does matter.

AP was cut for off field issues let's be honest.

No one on that list is playing as well as Wilfork is.

its not unreasonable, both will probably get restructured if they stay IRL, so if he wants to cut them and resign them to attempt the same he is free to do so. I'm doing the same with Larry Fitzgerald. Its crazy to think Arizona will pay him 25 mil.

Yeah I think that's what frustrates me is we can't just restructure deals.

Reading the last few posts, I wanted to address this...

1st off, I have not approved New England's cuts yet...so it's not a done deal, however, I am a little lenient towards approving cuts like these because we don't restructure. Will research the cuts before approving to see if there is a possibility.

The reason we don't restructure is that its way too subjective and its just too hard to do. Would the player accept a restructure? How much do you allow for a restructure? Should you only drop a minimum percentage in the 1st year (our game year)? I mean, let me restructure Revis's salary to 1,000,000 with a 50 million signing bonus over the next 10 years, now his cap hit is 6 million. Come up with a good plan for allowing restructuring and we'll talk about adding it in next year, but there hasn't been a good plan for it yet.

Reading the last few posts, I wanted to address this...

1st off, I have not approved New England's cuts yet...so it's not a done deal, however, I am a little lenient towards approving cuts like these because we don't restructure. Will research the cuts before approving to see if there is a possibility.

The reason we don't restructure is that its way too subjective and its just too hard to do. Would the player accept a restructure? How much do you allow for a restructure? Should you only drop a minimum percentage in the 1st year (our game year)? I mean, let me restructure Revis's salary to 1,000,000 with a 50 million signing bonus over the next 10 years, now his cap hit is 6 million. Come up with a good plan for allowing restructuring and we'll talk about adding it in next year, but there hasn't been a good plan for it yet.

Conduct restructuring the same as you would free agency. Have player agents or a committee that would approve restructuring.

I'm just frustrated that teams are cutting really really great players because they want more money in FA. Just doesn't seem realistic. This hasn't been anywhere close to as much a problem in previous games as it has been this year.

I think one way we could fix this loophole is subtracting the dead money from the cap savings. Therefore, it would not be beneficial to cut a player with more dead money than cap savings.

Edited by Kennesaw77

Guest King Jigsaw

Or maybe we can just stop complaining? Different people are going to play the game different ways. This is mainly a draft game, and the FA only provides context to team needs that will be addressed in the draft. Do the cuts really matter at the end of the day? I mean, the Bears had literally no one to cut. Marshall saved $3M, Forte saved $8m, and Slauson was like $3.5, but all those guys are huge offensive pieces that I can't just cut for the sake of it. So even though I don't get any additional cap, I'm not whining about the teams that do. Just play the game your way and let others play it their way.

Or maybe we can just stop complaining? Different people are going to play the game different ways. This is mainly a draft game, and the FA only provides context to team needs that will be addressed in the draft. Do the cuts really matter at the end of the day? I mean, the Bears had literally no one to cut. Marshall saved $3M, Forte saved $8m, and Slauson was like $3.5, but all those guys are huge offensive pieces that I can't just cut for the sake of it. So even though I don't get any additional cap, I'm not whining about the teams that do. Just play the game your way and let others play it their way.

I'm complaining because I've played this game for years and the goal is realism which makes it more fun for everyone. This year is as much much much more unrealistic as ever. This is the first year we've done cuts. I simply think an easy fix is to subtract the dead money from cap savings.

Edited by Kennesaw77

Okay reading all the posts...I think if the NE player wants to cut Wilfork he should be able to. However, perhaps he should be required to have a replacement first? Which seems to already be covered since the cut would have to be approved, right? Does NE have Wilfork's replacement already? I think that is important.