2015 Imd Game

Robb4242

Some Orlando Franklin facts:

• Highest PFF grade of any Denver O-lineman in 2014 (12.0 - 8.0 pass block grade, 7.6 run block grade).
  • Had a 14.5 grade in 2013, again with high pass pro and run blocking grades. Had a 16.7 grade in 2012, again with high pass pro and run blocking grades.
  • Gave up 1 sack the entire 2014 season.
  • Can play either guard position or RT.

Per the above, Orlando Franklin is a top 10 guard in this league and in the #1 OG in free agency this year. You could argue that Mike Iupati is a better run blocker but Franklin is a very solid run blocker and is far far better in pass pro. Without Franklin CJ Anderson doesn't have as much success as he had this past season.

The Dolphins have absolute suckage at both guard positions. The ability to place Franklin in between Brandon Albert and Mike Pouncey gives them a very strong left side of the O-line.

Denver has a mediocre O.line. PFF ranked them 14th.

He is barely rated above Iupati by PFF.

I would rather have:

Iupati, Decastro, Lang, Long, Yanda, Warford, Mathis, Sitton and that's without even looking at PFF or any other source.

That being said, I understand your point I just probably wouldn't pay a Guard that much, especially one outside my top 5 elite players.

Again, I want to stress I'm not complaining or criticizing just generating discussion. I think it makes it more fun that just mindlessly bidding.

Guest King Jigsaw

Nice job getting Orakpo Detroit. That was quite the steal.

Yeah, he went from a bidoff for Derrick Morgan to stealing Orakpo. Brilliant move.

I apologize to all, this was supposed to be an easy week for me. I finished up the initial portion of the project I was working on a little early, had it done by Saturday. Now I'm all of a sudden looking at a new job and a big move. Sort of fell into my lap on Monday night. Its possible I'm going to be picking up the family and moving to Hawaii, and maybe very quickly (possibly before our draft starts). So I've spent a lot of my waking time working and talking with the wife along with trying to figure out how to ship a house full of crap & cars over there. If the company can make the money work out right, then I may not be very active from here on out this year.

While I've got a little break, I'm going to try and do all of the offers through today and I'll be playing it by ear after that.

I apologize to all, this was supposed to be an easy week for me. I finished up the initial portion of the project I was working on a little early, had it done by Saturday. Now I'm all of a sudden looking at a new job and a big move. Sort of fell into my lap on Monday night. Its possible I'm going to be picking up the family and moving to Hawaii, and maybe very quickly (possibly before our draft starts). So I've spent a lot of my waking time working and talking with the wife along with trying to figure out how to ship a house full of crap & cars over there. If the company can make the money work out right, then I may not be very active from here on out this year.

While I've got a little break, I'm going to try and do all of the offers through today and I'll be playing it by ear after that.

Can the winner of the IMD Game join you in Hawaii? lol

Franklin has been consistently good his entire career.

Also note that I paid the same year 1 cap hit as the Vikings did for Iupati ($9 million). While Iupati is a great run blocker and Franlkin is just a very good run blocker, Franklin game up 1 sack all of 2014 while Iupati gave up 7 sacks. I preferred the more well balanced option for what Miami needs. Looking at Miami's roster, if they don't come away with a high end guard their 2015 season is over.

I'm with you dude and I'm the one with Iupati. Franklin is very good at both pass pro and run blocking. One negative about Franklin is injury concern. Iupati is a top-5 run blocker, but isn't a top pass blocker.

heya Romfal...just wanted to let you know, that offer you made for Al'amu? He is a week one FA...we aren't doing those guys right now, are we? I believe the rules say, we will be getting the leftover week 1 and 2 guys in week 3. IF I am wrong, please correct me, thanks.

I could have sworn he was on the week 2 list when I made the bid. Its fine it can be considered invalid this week and will come back next week