Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Robb4242

2015 Imd Game

1,376 posts in this topic

Gimme draft picks lol

Deal. I'll give you a couple.

Sold for a 1st and a 2nd :)

I'm positive that will happen. 👍

Free Agents lists are up for review. Here is the homepage https://sites.google.com/site/afmdimd/home. On the left is a link for Free Agents Week 1 & Week 2, click each link to see the FAs listed there. I need to know ASAP if there is anyone missing or if there are players who are no longer FAs. I will not add/remove any players after Tuesday of week 1.

Free Agents lists are up for review. Here is the homepage https://sites.google.com/site/afmdimd/home. On the left is a link for Free Agents Week 1 & Week 2, click each link to see the FAs listed there. I need to know ASAP if there is anyone missing or if there are players who are no longer FAs. I will not add/remove any players after Tuesday of week 1.

Only one working is the RFA list. The other two are blank

Leon Hall and Sanu are on the block.

How do trades and the cap work? Will it work like normal and I get the cap space from hall?

How do trades and the cap work?

4th time it's been asked, still no answer.

Maybe limit trades to two just like cuts?

As long as it gets approved by the trade committee I don't think there needs to be a limit. Some owners are more willing to play the game fully than others. Some owners only want to do the draft (f*cking annoying) so the ones that are active you're not gonna want to handicap them with a ton of restrictions.

Leon Hall and Sanu are on the block.

How do trades and the cap work? Will it work like normal and I get the cap space from hall?

In the past trades have not affected the cap.

We have limited it to 3 trades per team.

Just got word from Robb that trades WILL NOT affect the IMD cap in 2015, but possibly will in next years game.

Please continue to plan your game with only your two cuts making more cap space available.

Just got word from Robb that trades WILL NOT affect the IMD cap in 2015, but possibly will in next years game.

Please continue to plan your game with only your two cuts making more cap space available.

well that blows. i had grand plans

well that blows. i had grand plans

You and me both, brother. It's alright though, we're afforded plenty of opportunities to make this game enjoyable.

Only one working is the RFA list. The other two are blank

Forgot to change the privacy settings on those spreadsheets. Someone please try them now & make sure you can see them.

"An Exclusive-Rights Free Agent is an NFL player who is not under contract, but has only two years of NFL experience. If his former club makes him an offer at the three year veteran minimum salary, then that's it, he has to take it or leave the NFL. These guys have no right to negotiate with other teams. They are "free" only in the sense that they're free to quit."

Just read this online. Don't know if it will apply to the game or not. Perhaps a sign-and-trade scenario could provide a loophole but it seems like you either resign them or they disappear.

I think they SHOULD show up on the FA list. We usually have just put ERFAs on the FA list in the past, because normally these are not guys teams would be going after (at least in this game).

The way it works in the game, ANY FA you have (ERFA, RFA, FA), if they are not offered a contract, then they are assumed to stick with your team next year, but at no cost against the cap. You can think of it kinda like baseball spring training, they will be non-roster invitees to your team's training camp if they were on your roster last year and have not signed a new FA deal with anybody. That works for the Stansly Maponga's and Matt Ryan's of your football team. If you have a big-time FA (like say Dez Bryant this year) and as Dallas' GM, you want to take the chance that nobody will bid on him, you can just let it ride through the 3 weeks of FA and you get that player back on your roster without it affecting your cap if nobody bids.

Romfal likes this

We're going to consider this for next year after seeing how the cuts and more realistic cap space works this year. I don't want to introduce too many changing parts all at the same time.

I don't know if KJ mentioned it anywhere, but my feeling on this is not only would we introduce this next year as a part of FA, but it would also have to carry over into the draft as well. So say you max out your cap in FA and then get a great offer to move back in the draft, but the player you are trading for will put you over the cap, then the trade is voided. Just a little something more to think about there.

In the past trades have not affected the cap.

We have limited it to 3 trades per team.

3 trades involving players. Picks we have tried to limit them too, but IMO, its more important to limit the player trades because they are much less likely to happen in real life (in mass quantities).

Kennesaw77 likes this

3 trades involving players. Picks we have tried to limit them too, but IMO, its more important to limit the player trades because they are much less likely to happen in real life (in mass quantities).

Robb can there be multiple players in one deal? Like say I wanted Willis and Davis off of the 9ers so I offered and he accepted does that count as 2 trades or 1? And also are multiple team trades allowed? Like the NBA?

For San Diego C Nick Hardwick retired and then C Trevor Robinson is a RFA so I am not sure if you are adding RFAs to the list or not. And then according to Over the Cap they have 2 ERFAs in WR Dan DePalma and LB Phillip Dillard

Robb can there be multiple players in one deal? Like say I wanted Willis and Davis off of the 9ers so I offered and he accepted does that count as 2 trades or 1? And also are multiple team trades allowed? Like the NBA?

IN the past, that has been ruled as 1 trade.Keep in mind though the TC(trade committee) will try to keep things as realistic as possible.

For San Diego C Nick Hardwick retired and then C Trevor Robinson is a RFA so I am not sure if you are adding RFAs to the list or not. And then according to Over the Cap they have 2 ERFAs in WR Dan DePalma and LB Phillip Dillard

So, in past, this case would mean you'd lose Hardwick b/c his retirement came before the game started. & any ERFA's will be combined w/ the RFA's as mentioned above.If you opt to not tender any, they then become UFA's as in real NFL.IF none are offered a contract by any other team, you land them all back @ no cap hit.

quick ? on player releases.

Say I opt to cut Schaub, using the site it shows I'd save $5.5M, which would stay @ that amount b/c it works w/ the structure.However say I opt to cut Woodley, his savings says $5.35M, does this round down to $5.25 or up to $5.5 as well?

Say I opt to cut Schaub, using the site it shows I'd save $5.5M, which would stay @ that amount b/c it works w/ the structure.However say I opt to cut Woodley, his savings says $5.35M, does this round down to $5.25 or up to $5.5 as well?

Best to round to the nearest acceptable integer. So I think in the case of Woodley, it would drop down to $5.25

Who are we kidding though? The Raiders don't need any more cap.

I mean, who are you trying to buy? LeBron James? laugh.png

The 1st scenario is 1 trade, even if it involves multiple players.

The 2nd scenario is also acceptable as long as it's considered fair by the trade committee for all 3 teams involved.

Will get that fixed. I'll put Robinson on the RFA list. I need to decide on the ERFAs tonight. I'll let you guys know. We've treated them both ways in the past, like RFAs & like regular FAs. Will decide which way to go on that. Problems come up every year because nobody really knows who is what, and a lot of sites just guess, that's why on one site you'll see a guy as a FA, another has him as an RFA, and a 3rd has him listed as an ERFA and sometimes the truth is the guy signed a new contract in November and he's not really a FA at all. That's one of the worst things about putting this game together, can never really get 100% accurate info.

The NFL's list that they publicize is just a partial listing (didn't see that at first), and that's the one I went by for RFAs. So, not sure if I'm just going to stick with the NFL list & lump everyone else into the FA pool or not.

I usually just round up, because at some point we're going to come across the cut that saves 5.375 million, then which way do I go? So, 5.26 goes to 5.5 million in savings, same as 5.49 million.