Vic Beasley Or Dante Fowler, Jr. At 8.

Yeah I think you answered your own question. I don't see Beasley in a 4-3 role unless it's SLB, but he's at his best when rushing the passer. He's best suited for 3-4 OLB. I like him a lot obviously so he would be my picks.

On the flip side, I think Fowler can play in a 4-3 or a 3-4 either as a DE or a 3-4 OLB. He can be used kind of like how McPhee is used. He just don't have that first step and elite bend like Beasley has.

I really want Leonard Williams if he some how falls to 8, there's a lot more 3/4 OLB in the draft and FA than 3/4 ends.

I think one of Fowler, Ray, Gregory, Beasley, Thompson or Dupree will be there with our second round pick.

Also would love to sign Houston, JPP or Orakpo.

I really want Leonard Williams if he some how falls to 8, there's a lot more 3/4 OLB in the draft and FA than 3/4 ends.I think one of Fowler, Ray, Gregory, Beasley, Thompson or Dupree will be there with our second round pick.Also would love to sign Houston, JPP or Orakpo.

I don't think Leonard falls out of the top 5 honestly. But in the second round I think we would only have a shot at Dupree of the guys you named.

We need the Beast and Vic Beasly/Beastley is our guy bump everyone else he showed me he has Hageman type potential in Oklahoma game. It would be a dream if we could get both Shane Ray and Beastley at the same time lol.

I see Beasley as a Bruce Irvin type of player with less pass coverage ability. I'd actually take Fowler over him right now.

But it depends on the FA acquisitions. If we get a guy like McPhee, then I'd want Beasley or Ray, a speed guy. Fowler would make a good power to speed rusher vs a pure speed rusher.

Not Fowler. Ray or Beasley. Even Alvin Dupree over Fowler.

I'm with you there. I think Fowler is incredibly overrated. I've watched him play several times and he is forgettable just like Gregory.

I really like Dupree though. He's going to kill the combine and move up boards. He played for a bad team with Nolanesque coaches who tried to turn him into a coverage linebacker instead of sending him after the QB.

Edited by RS91

Gotta say i am not a big fan of Fowler. Dude has loads of potential but he plays so soft sometimes in my opinion. If he would consistently play with violence then he would be easily the best pass rusher in this draft. Ive seen him get pushed on his back a ton of times. I wouldn't cry if we took him at 8 because he has a lot of versatility, but i am not sure if i would prefer it.

I really want Leonard Williams if he some how falls to 8, there's a lot more 3/4 OLB in the draft and FA than 3/4 ends.I think one of Fowler, Ray, Gregory, Beasley, Thompson or Dupree will be there with our second round pick.Also would love to sign Houston, JPP or Orakpo.

Same here Williams and Hageman with Soliai in the middle. Get yourself a FA pass rushing OLB and the best one 2nd round and the defense willl definitely improve.

question. If we hire Quinn or Austin, they both run a 4-3, unless Austin goes back to his roots and runs a 3-4 like the Ravens. Does Beasley fit a 4-3 and is he still worth a top 10 pick if we run a 4-3 or should we trade down.

I think Beasley is worth a top 10 pick. I feel confident he can play RDE in a 4-3. Just my opinion, but to me he is solid enough against the run to be able to hold up at DE. And if not, then we could always use him at SLB like Von Miller.