Bowles Is Too Laid Back For The Falcons

demburds

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

i think ppl are missing the point of "A list" coaches.

That means the best coaches on the market (A list) unlike the under the radar coaches like smitty who wasnt a "A list" coach. Doesnt mean th freat coaches who dnt want to coach.

bottom line is hes one of the hottest names out there. I agree with you. By most of these foold standards all the "A" list coaches are either dead retired or have secure jobs.

yea...and what stakes were they playing at? did they have a 1.4 billion dollar stadium over their heads in a city literally STARVING for a championship? Bowles aint bout this life man. He better think long and hard about this one.

Man stop with this BS. nobody ever says anything bad about anybody in the NFL

Fact, demburds likes to use the term MAN to get his points across. That's all. MAN! emot-tiphat.gif homebrew.001.gif

yea...and what stakes were they playing at? did they have a 1.4 billion dollar stadium over their heads in a city literally STARVING for a championship? Bowles aint bout this life man. He better think long and hard about this one.

The conditions here are not unique to Atlanta. I'm not going back in time to pull names out of history for you. But this isn't the first new stadium, this isn't the first city "starving for a championship" and it's not a whole lot different than everywhere else.

yeah, I wish Bowles has a better speaking presence, etc - but that is not the #1 requisite of a good HC. Listening to Bill Belicheck talk to the media is less entertaining than watching paint dry.

We all want a coach that has it all - great coach, manager of people, "X's/O's strategist", terrific speeches and fantastic with the media. If I had to get a coach that did not have all of those, the one thing I would care the least about is being fantastic w/ the media.

Apparently Bowles' players love him, and he is good enough that Richard Sherman, on his teams rival, said he was the best DC he'd seen

this dude is talking about bringing in a QB coach who has never been a coordinator in the NFL to be our OC for Matt Ryan and yall sitting here acting like everything is peachy

So it's really not about the soft spoken thing, it's about this? No one is saying that's peachy. Everyone just likes the way this guy coaches. You're basing your opinion on some youtube interviews and what not. You think Dungy and Belicheck are fun to listen to?

If they hire this guy, prepare for the offense to be 'herminated'. For those of you not around when Herm Edwards was a HC, that means that they will play to keep it close and lose in the 4th Q. There will not be any blowouts. There will not be any pedal to the metal, score a ton of points and let's win this one by the end of the 3rd Q. If hey get a 2 TD lead, it will be run and punt and play defense and let the other team back in the game....like Detroit did this past year. End result, one and done in the playoffs because once you get there, everyone is good and you don't have the experience on offense because all year long you have been herminating it instead of scoring points.

You want an offensive guru with a QB like Matt Ryan. You want a Herminator in places like NYJ and TENN and Buffalo where they have no QB.

If they hire this guy, prepare for the offense to be 'herminated'. For those of you not around when Herm Edwards was a HC, that means that they will play to keep it close and lose in the 4th Q. There will not be any blowouts. There will not be any pedal to the metal, score a ton of points and let's win this one by the end of the 3rd Q. If hey get a 2 TD lead, it will be run and punt and play defense and let the other team back in the game....like Detroit did this past year. End result, one and done in the playoffs because once you get there, everyone is good and you don't have the experience on offense because all year long you have been herminating it instead of scoring points. You want an offensive guru with a QB like Matt Ryan. You want a Herminator in places like NYJ and TENN and Buffalo where they have no QB.

I think Bowles will recognize the importance of a good QB and what he's got in Matt Ryan after his time in Arizona.

Nah bruh, you're not understanding the Atlanta dynamic right now. Any coach that comes here will be on the hot seat from day 1 because of this stadium.

Just like J. Garrett was in Jerry World after going .500 every year?

I think ATL would welcome Bowles especially if he brings in a decent OC & makes our Def respectable.

If they hire this guy, prepare for the offense to be 'herminated'. For those of you not around when Herm Edwards was a HC, that means that they will play to keep it close and lose in the 4th Q. There will not be any blowouts. There will not be any pedal to the metal, score a ton of points and let's win this one by the end of the 3rd Q. If hey get a 2 TD lead, it will be run and punt and play defense and let the other team back in the game....like Detroit did this past year. End result, one and done in the playoffs because once you get there, everyone is good and you don't have the experience on offense because all year long you have been herminating it instead of scoring points. You want an offensive guru with a QB like Matt Ryan. You want a Herminator in places like NYJ and TENN and Buffalo where they have no QB.

As much as some here would like to say different Matt Ryan>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Chad Pennigton

this dude is talking about bringing in a QB coach who has never been a coordinator in the NFL to be our OC for Matt Ryan and yall sitting here acting like everything is peachy

Who is Bowles potential NFL OC? I have not heard & I'm sure others are curious.

yeah, I wish Bowles has a better speaking presence, etc - but that is not the #1 requisite of a good HC. Listening to Bill Belicheck talk to the media is less entertaining than watching paint dry.

We all want a coach that has it all - great coach, manager of people, "X's/O's strategist", terrific speeches and fantastic with the media. If I had to get a coach that did not have all of those, the one thing I would care the least about is being fantastic w/ the media.

The difference with black jack bill is that he's choosing to not be captive or "motivating"