Bowles Is Too Laid Back For The Falcons

demburds

Anybody ever see this guy talk? Nothing about him makes me want to run through a wall for him. He is going to fail as a HC because I have no idea how he can lead an entire NFL team with his personality. Go watch him give interviews on youtube. This dude is going to get ran out of this city.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Anybody ever see this guy talk? Nothing about him makes me want to run through a wall for him. He is going to fail as a HC because I have no idea how he can lead an entire NFL team with his personality. Go watch him give interviews on youtube. This dude is going to get ran out of this city.

yeah, I wish Bowles has a better speaking presence, etc - but that is not the #1 requisite of a good HC. Listening to Bill Belicheck talk to the media is less entertaining than watching paint dry.

We all want a coach that has it all - great coach, manager of people, "X's/O's strategist", terrific speeches and fantastic with the media. If I had to get a coach that did not have all of those, the one thing I would care the least about is being fantastic w/ the media.

First of all, Mike Smith was the worst HC in Falcon history, if public speaking is the measuring stick.

Bowles is much more articulate than Mike Smith...by far. Yes, he is soft-spoken, but so were Marv Levy, Bill Walsh and Tony Dungy.

None of these dudes coached in ATLANTA.

A lot of "laid back" coaches have been very successful in the league.

yea...and what stakes were they playing at? did they have a 1.4 billion dollar stadium over their heads in a city literally STARVING for a championship? Bowles aint bout this life man. He better think long and hard about this one.

Edited by demburds

Still waters run deep dude. That is a fact. Impatient Blabber-mouths with valueless opinions are a dime-a-dozen

These threads are hilarious!!

You know this from what? Interviews?

What do you want him to do? Start screaming at the reporter? The exact type of things everyone criticized Rex for?

This place is madness...

I know, right? Does anybody think that 'soft spoken, non-motivating Todd Bowles' can get hired after being asked to speak up several times in an interview? Dude says it when it needs to be said and his players respond. He's reportedly doing well in interviews, so his speaking skills are better than we would know by watching him with a microphone shoved in his face.

It seems as though people are beginning to compare others to Rex. Rex is gone were not getting him. Now we have to look at other qualities. The most important thing is leadership. Plus you never know how these guys are behind closed doors. Rex may have pumped excitement into the fanbase, but that same excitement will come once we start winning.

These threads are hilarious!!

You know this from what? Interviews?

What do you want him to do? Start screaming at the reporter? The exact type of things everyone criticized Rex for?

This place is madness...

The only thing that confuses me is Arthur Blank said something about a list coaches. Smh now he's looking at guys who never head coached in the NFL. Smh so I guess that makes me an A-list doctor Edited by O D B