The Best Candidate Is At Flowery Branch Right Now

Guest facelessman07

You use his Hard Knocks clip as evidence? SMH

I really wonder how many people would be on this train had they not seen his tirade

You use his Hard Knocks clip as evidence? SMH

I really wonder how many people would be on this train had they not seen his tirade

Evidence? What do we need evidence for? Is there a such thing when it comes to picking an unproven head coach. Some of you guys think you are so much smarter than everyone else. I never offered evidence I simply stated my opinion.

If we're going to base the job solely on how well a coach can lose his temper and not how well they can run an offense or a defense my vote is for Dennis "if you want to crown them then crown their azz" Green.

http://youtu.be/SWmQbk5h86w

You are ither simple or a bad comedian. I never said getting upset makes you the best coach. I simply posted a video of him. There isn't much other footage of him.

OP, you do understand that about 1/3 of the coaches and assistant coaches in the NFL have similiar coaching styles right? screaming at players is hardly a novel concept.

True enough, but screaming at a marginal player struggling to stay on the roster and screaming at high-contract vets are two different things. A tirade like the one on Hard Knocks directed at the wrong people would get him frozen out toot-sweet. Don't know if Armstrong can make the proper adjustments.

Personally, I don't like his style of coaching --- whether or not he could be successful here, who knows? I'd like to see us wait for Dan "The Mighty" Quinn, and if we miss out on him, and Bowels, then give Armstrong the job as sort of an interim coach, and see if he could work it into a permanent position ---

Guest Homer the Brave

Assistant coaches yell at players as a rule. It is not uncommon. This may be a bad example, but when Glanville was DC of those Gritz Blitz defenses of the late 70s / early 80s, he was a raving lunatic. There is footage of him yelling obscenities and insults that would impress Don Rickles. When he became a head coach with Houston then Atlanta, he toned down the act.

I have no problem with someone other than a DC or OC becoming our head coach. John Harbaugh is a great example. I just want someone capable of LEADING..... And clock/game management....and not going Republican once we get a lead.

If the candidates we really want are snatched up, I'd give Armstrong a shot. If he doesn't work out, we can hire a new coach next year. In reality, that would suck. But if we get unlucky in our search, it may be what we have to do.

And there's always the unexpected possibility that Armstrong is the second coming of Lombardi.