Not Sure Why Mike Smith Is Not Even Being Discussed As A Hc Candidate.

parmenion

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest facelessman07

Teams must have watched the Detroit and Cleveland games. Both completely unacceptable for a HC.

Teams didn't have to watch those games to confirm what many of us already knew

Not sure why you're so surprised. National perception on Smitty was not great. Never really was but certainly not after the last two seasons and the playoff blowouts prior to 2012. Average fan thinks he was decent, but was in over his head and in the immediate aftermath of this season and the mess that the entire country saw in Detroit and Cleveland there's no way he gets a sniff as a HC this offseason. He'd be lucky if Rex brought him on to be the LBs coach in Buffalo.

I stand by my statement, he's probably not going to get another HC gig a la Mike Sherman.

Guest facelessman07

You really do not know if anyone has called him or not.

Remember 680 reporting that we were going to offer Rex the job???

Yeah how did that tun out????

Why would anyone call him?

Smitty's probably laying on a beach right about now, spending Blank's dollars, laughing at the Rex foot dragging and the thought of one of the remaining candidates resurrecting a Piolitroff roster.

I liked Smitty, but not his performance in 2014. I was OK with upgrading him. I just hope we do.

Even though I wasn't a fan of his system I give him credit for the job he did. I mean he was one Ryan fumble, a Roddy slip and a Dougle trip from a Bowl in 2012. With a shoddy Oline, non existent run game and no pass rush.

Where OP maybe a troll, So are alot of the respondents. Smitty had a year left on his contract. If he stays at home he gets paid. If he accepts another position he doesn't. It is that simple.

He is known as a defensive coach that this season his team finished 32nd in defense. He also never had a top 10 Defense in his entire time here.

He had no talent on Defense! This surprises you?

Guest facelessman07

He'd do fine in college.

True, we saw how well he did in the Senior Bowl last year with top tier players. They played almost as flat as we do on Sundays

Scored 10 points, gave up twice as much

Yeah, he'd do fine