92.9 Jamie Dukes

Dusty

This also. What the heck does "total control" really mean anyway. Can you envision a scenario where one guy completely disregards every single other voice in the building -- including the HC? In what way does it benefit TD and Pioli not to work collaboratively with whoever they bring in, including Rex Ryan?

We have still heard nothing out of Flowery Branch. Rex wasn't the guy. Simple as that.

He might have been the guy. We hadn't scheduled Bowles's second interview. Rex took the job while we were still in the process of evaluating Bowles. He jumped the gun. If he waited until Monday, he might have been our guy. We don't know.

I can believe it.

Blank is creating a "corporate culture" with layers of managers where everyone can kill an idea, but nobody can follow-through with an idea.

We need someone who can evaluate talent. Some people can look at someone and say "he can play." Some people can't do that.

I love how almost every person on here takes these reports as facts and goes "Oh we suck". There have been multiple different threads of reasons why Rex isn't here and each time everyone thinks it is 100% the reason. These are all rumors. Let's wait until Rex answers that question before overreacting to it.

I didn't need Jamie Dukes to tell me that the front office of the Falcons looks like a drawing done by a drunk Picasso right now.

When what's his name Jay Adams came out a couple of weeks ago with the announcement of the restructuring of Pioli and Dimitroff's duties it was the cherry on top of the crap sundae....and this was shortly after Blank dropped the 411 on all of us that the new HC would be reporting directly to him...HC reporting to a billionaire owner who all of a sudden thinks he's a football mastermind.

I think there are rough waters ahead for the Falcons and Falcons fans.

just reported that his source within the Falcons camp that has intimate first hand knowledge, told him that Rex walked away due to TD & Piolli wanting complete control over draft picks. Rex stated he was not with that because that's how he lost his last job.

They want a puppet.

My only problem with that idea is that AB promised new coach could pick his own GM so I don't see how that would be a problem. Rex could have signed and tossed the garbage in the trash, unless of course AB is lying also and that idea of the coach picking a new GM is BS.

My only problem with that idea is that AB promised new coach could pick his own GM so I don't see how that would be a problem. Rex could have signed and tossed the garbage in the trash, unless of course AB is lying also and that idea of the coach picking a new GM is BS.

Blank NEVER promised the HC could pick his GM.

He said the FO would be evaluated and addressed...........it was and reshuffled.

TD still has ultimate say over football operations,