92.9 Jamie Dukes

Dusty

just reported that his source within the Falcons camp that has intimate first hand knowledge, told him that Rex walked away due to TD & Piolli wanting complete control over draft picks. Rex stated he was not with that because that's how he lost his last job.

They want a puppet.

This. I can believe. Rex did get screwed in NY when his terrible gm would waste all of their draft picks...thus making it impossible for him to succeed even though he still could sometimes. I don't blame him for walking away now because it's not like our gm's would pick any better players that Rex needs. I would want Rex to be able to draft the players he needs to run his system that Pioli and TD know nothing about. Good for Rex not backing to our BS front office

Umm, the restructure announcement told us that, it also told us that the HC has autonomy from the GM. Rex Ryan doesn't have the resume to have control over player personnel, and to think that Dimitrofff and Pioli wouldn't work with him or get the players he wanted is insane. Pioli and Dimitroff are on a short leash. They are professionals. Does anyone think they are going to ruin their reputations sabotaging the Falcons?

This is getting ridiculous.

Dukes is so full of ****

Rex didn't walk away Rex never got a phone call and panicked.

If Blank had called he would have ran back to Atlanta and signed.

Maybe. But he was in the middle of a segment and totally changed course to drop this info seemingly as soon as he received it.

Umm, the restructure announcement told us that, it also told us that the HC has autonomy from the GM. Rex Ryan doesn't have the resume to have control over player personnel, and to think that Dimitrofff and Pioli wouldn't work with him or get the players he wanted is insane. Pioli and Dimitroff are on a short leash. They are professionals. Does anyone think they are going to ruin their reputations sabotaging the Falcons?

This also. What the heck does "total control" really mean anyway. Can you envision a scenario where one guy completely disregards every single other voice in the building -- including the HC? In what way does it benefit TD and Pioli not to work collaboratively with whoever they bring in, including Rex Ryan?

We have still heard nothing out of Flowery Branch. Rex wasn't the guy. Simple as that.

What do you think Pioli and Dimi told him in the interview when Blank left?

BREAKING NEWS!

This also. What the heck does "total control" really mean anyway. Can you envision a scenario where one guy completely disregards every single other voice in the building -- including the HC? In what way does it benefit TD and Pioli not to work collaboratively with whoever they bring in, including Rex Ryan?

We have still heard nothing out of Flowery Branch. Rex wasn't the guy. Simple as that.

That's the other thing, the only thng we've heard out of Flowery Branch, was the FO restructure, and via DLed, that Rex told the Falcons he wouldn't take the Buffalo job. Everything else is coming from Rex's camp.

Unfortunately, I don't think Blank will ever address what actually happened. So we're only going to have Rex's spin.

What do you think Pioli and Dimi told him in the interview when Blank left?

LOL

AB: "Excuse me gentlemen, I really need to take this"

<walks out of room>

TD: <whispered through clenched teeth> "Rex this is my show I'll straight-up MURDER your *** if you get out of line"

SP: <brandishing a club> "Yeah Rex....we'll have you floating in the East River if you don't know your place!"

<Arthur returns>

TD: "Mr. Blank! We were just telling Rex how excited we are to have him here!"