This Is What's Really Going On

It should be clear to everyone who isn't currently having a meltdown that Rex Ryan proved to be too impulsive to pull the trigger on as a HC. He wasn't exactly Jim Harbaugh leaving NYJ and he jumped at a Buffalo HC position instead of waiting a day or two for the Falcons.

Y'all think its coincidence that Bowles' interview yesterday went on forever and Rex didn't hear back from ATL?

It is clear that we are going in a new, fresh direction. Rex might've been able to work some magic here and I have no doubt TD played a role in ******* things up on that front... but the more I look at it - we need a fresh mind in here.

Remember that Mike Tomlin had one year with the Vikings as DC and then went to Pittsburgh and won a SB... quit acting like the sky is falling.

If we land Bowles or Quinn I think our longterm prospects are better than they would've been with a retread like Rex (and this is coming from someone on the Rex bandwagon).

I agree in a sense but Rex was the best candidate, you gotta pull the trigger. You just don't know with Bowles or Quinn.

The NFL is a game of "not knowing" though... the draft, FA, games, any given sunday, etc...

Rex Ryan fields a good defense, but so do a lot of teams. I think he has the guts to win playoff games, but so do probably Quinn or Bowles. Bowles has a Super Bowl under his belt as a player.

If we signed Rexy then we could very well end up with the Jets... a team that almost gets there initially, but then drops off a cliff once the HC's need for attention eclipses his product on the field.

I think a strategist like Bowles or Quinn who is hungry to lead a team could take us further, just like Tomlin.

I still think Marion Campbell should be the guy !!!

Young.....fresh.....ahhh.

Hey! you're on to something according to some of the things I've been reading the last two weeks here. That belichek guy and that carroll guy both weren't so hot their first couple of HC gigs......Maybe it's just that old saying, "third times the charm"

BRING BACK THE SWAMP FOX!!!!!

You have to follow the process to its completion. If you're trying to truly get this right, then you just can't be impulsive, or be swayed by big personalities. You need to take the time, look at all the info, and get this right. If a candidate chooses not to wait, then so be it.

You have to follow the process to its completion. If you're trying to truly get this right, then you just can't be impulsive, or be swayed by big personalities. You need to take the time, look at all the info, and get this right. If a candidate chooses not to wait, then so be it.

Yea I mean Rexy clearly jumped the gun BIG time here... Buffalo? I mean sheesh... next to Oakland that was the worst HC position available...

I was on the Rex train but his willingness to sell himself short and be impulsive just doesnt sit right... I'll take Bowles

It should be clear to everyone who isn't currently having a meltdown that Rex Ryan proved to be too impulsive to pull the trigger on as a HC. He wasn't exactly Jim Harbaugh leaving NYJ and he jumped at a Buffalo HC position instead of waiting a day or two for the Falcons.

Y'all think its coincidence that Bowles' interview yesterday went on forever and Rex didn't hear back from ATL?

It is clear that we are going in a new, fresh direction. Rex might've been able to work some magic here and I have no doubt TD played a role in ******* things up on that front... but the more I look at it - we need a fresh mind in here.

Remember that Mike Tomlin had one year with the Vikings as DC and then went to Pittsburgh and won a SB... quit acting like the sky is falling.

If we land Bowles or Quinn I think our longterm prospects are better than they would've been with a retread like Rex (and this is coming from someone on the Rex bandwagon).

Yeah, also Tomlin inherited a team that had just won the SB. We have jack all for talent on defense. Terrible example.

Yeah, the sky is NOT falling, and I trust we're patient and get this thing right.

And according to the "D" that Quinn and Bowles have fielded, I'd take Quinn in a heartbeat!!!

I mean, Bowles' team went out in the first round, and Quinn's team is still playing lights out ---

Bring him home, Arthur, or TD, or Pioli, or McKay, or whoever the heck is in charge of this chicken $hit outfit! We want a winner ---- we need a winner ---- and we DESERVE a Lombardi, dammit!

I disagree wholeheartedly. We have an awesome safety group on the rise, some big *** sombitches in the middle, we just need a coverage ILB and pass rushers bruh.

ranked 32nd in the league means we have more jack all than anyone else in the NFL, maybe except Chicago. Yeah we have some pieces, that doesnt mean this defense isn't still bottom 3 in the NFL.