Adam Gase

Thiccolas Cage

Totally hypothetical situation here:

Say Broncos lose this game, and Manning decides he's done as a player, but wants to be involved as a coach.

Say he'd act as OC wherever Gase got hired as HC, would you make that hire?

In your hypothetical, yes, though id rather tell Gase to piss off and give Peyton the HC gig, no questions asked. He might crash and burn, but I'd take that risk. Edited by BrockSamson

Guest Negatorris

Not sure, but there is a report now on ESPN that Greg Roman (SF's OC) will be going to Buffalo with Rex, so it seems Trestman could still be available as an OC for any of the remaining HC candidates.

Gase and Trestman would make no sense. Trestman would more than likely want to have a lot of control over his offense. Gase wouldn't allow it.

Say Broncos lose this game, and Manning decides he's done as a player, but wants to be involved as a coach.

Ooooo.....hmmm probably not. While in theory this sounds good. I remember an article about what Dungy said about Manning being a coach.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/12/10/tony-dungy-explains-why-peyton-manning-could-never-be-a-coach/

even if he retires, which I doubt, I don't think Manning will want to coach right away. Call me skeptical either way.

Guest Negatorris

I like Gase if we went Offensive Head Coach, but he doesn't seem to be doing that good today against the Colts so far.

Yeah, terrible play calls today.

Gase and Trestman would make no sense. Trestman would more than likely want to have a lot of control over his offense. Gase wouldn't allow it.

I agree, which is why I didn't specifically mention him as a possibility for Gase, but I said he'd be available potentially for the any of the HC candidates.

Guest Negatorris

I agree, which is why I didn't specifically mention him as a possibility for Gase, but I said he'd be available potentially for the any of the HC candidates.

Well yeah with any of the defensive guys left, he'll be intriguing. Shanahan as well.

even if he retires, which I doubt, I don't think Manning will want to coach right away. Call me skeptical either way.

I agree totally. He'd be offered every TV gig out there the second he decides to retire anyway, but I thought it's be an interesting hypothetical to ponder, no matter how unlikely.

I'd hire him and tell him to feed and beef up all our players with Papa Johns and encourage them to take less money and buy a KIA...use that money to get the best players available, WIN a SuperBowl for the team/fans/city, then go splurge on all the luxuries of life.

I agree totally. He'd be offered every TV gig out there the second he decides to retire anyway, but I thought it's be an interesting hypothetical to ponder, no matter how unlikely.

very few top level players ever go in to coaching. He already has all the money in the world and coaching is a stressful, long hours, job. Like you said, TV will pay more, and its an easy gig.