John Fox... A Possibility, Or Not?

I've never liked the guy personally, but he's been a pretty solid, proven HC. There are reports that if the Broncos lose this evening, that Fox might be fired. Although, it would seem pretty similar to Smitty... could win enough to make the playoffs, but couldn't get it done at that next level... do you think Fox would even be worth consideration?

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I would stop watching sports altogether if the Falcons were to hire John Fox. It's one thing to hire an unproven OC or DC as a Head coach, but it's quite another thing considering the Falcons just fired a more or less FOR THE MOST part proven head coach with a bad couple last 2 years in Smitty and hire another HC WHO JUST FAILED in the playoffs......... JMO................

No way this ever happens......

Edited by GeorgiaFalconFan

Why would John Fox get fired? That makes 0 sense

There are two different reports suggesting it could happen if they lose in the playoffs yet again.

As I mentioned in the original post, and most have agreed, he is very similar to Smitty. His conservative approach can get regular season wins & get you to the playoffs, but he is then constantly in over his head come playoff time.

Who would the Broncos hire that would do a better job? lol. One year removed from the Super Bowl and in the Divisional game this evening. It just doesn't make sense.

I'm sure Marv Levy, Andy Reid, and Marty Schottenheimer felt the same way, but the reality is that just getting close only cuts it for so long.

Guest facelessman07

Anyone remember the playoff game against Baltimore where Fox had Peyton kneel down the ball to go to overtime instead of letting Peyton run the no-huddle to win the game? A game they ended up losing??

Sound familiar??

Edited by facelessman07