Looking Past This Coach Hiring Situation, How Long Till We Rebound?

Begotten912

This is kind of a loaded question. I think we'll be extremely competitive next season. Why? Because we have a lot of sub-500 teams on our schedule.

Think about it. We play our division rivals twice each. They were all sub-500. Beyond our division, we have home games against Washington, Minnesota and our away games include Tennessee, NY Giants and Jacksonville. All-told, out of our 16 games, 11 are against sub-500 teams!

I'm not saying we'll win the division or even make the playoffs. What I'm saying is that it's possible, because our schedule is weak. I don't think next season will be a good barometer to see where the Falcons are in the grand scheme of things.

We might get a dead cat bounce to 8-8 next season but it'll be 4 years or more before we see real success. Depending on what happens with the coaching situation and the reality that Blank has fired blanks on coaching changes more often than not, we may be in for one of those old school Falcons dry spells.

It's mid 1980s Falcons football all over again except I ain't in Elementary school any more.

As long as TD is here, never. I expect the Falcons to win between 9 - 10 games next year just cause other teams won't know what to expect. After teams get tape on them, they'll go back to 4 - 6 wins a season. Basically what they have done the entire time they've been in the league, minus the Smith years.

Archived