Post Your Top Head Coach Candidate And Explain Why He Can Get Us A Championship

Guest Negatorris

Guest Negatorris

Getting to the playoffs is far from enough now. Do you think your top candidate can get the Falcons over the hump, and if so why? How long do you think it would take?

I would have hired a GM first. But the best guy available already signed with the Redskins. Ryan was the best 2nd option because he is a motivator, plays aggressive defense, and believes in a running game. But Dimitroff f*cked that up as well.

It looks like Quinn is going to NY. McDaniels is staying in NE and I didn't want him anyway.

We're running out of options fast.

Bowles defense beat the crap out of the no. 3 offense and forced Ryan to throw 9 interceptions in a 2 game stretch. His defenses are always solid, and the scheming confuses QBs. That said, I have no idea how he'd do as HC or what kind of offense a team he leads would look like.

Who knows maybe **** get the job and say F a OC, just give Ryan total control.

Edited by RideOrDieIce

Honestly I'm intrigued by Mike Shanahan.

He always has a good running game, I love his zone-blocking scheme and west coast offense which would take Ryan and Julio's game to the next level.

If you could par him with a top notch DC that would be a great combination.

And he obviously has the track record which took the Broncos with Elway over the top with a running game to win a SB.

Guest Homer the Brave

Being a head coach is such a different gig than being a coordinator. How does anyone know who is going to become a great head coach or not ( think Norv Turner, Dan Henning) ? Even among coaches who have had HC gigs before, how do you know if won't be different (Belichick, Carroll). All I can say is that someone who has become successful as a coordinator deserves a shot.

My choice is Dan Quinn:

He's a Film Junkie

He doesn't use just one scheme, his scheme changes with the players

He holds players accountable

He doesn't care if a player doesn't fit a defensive system he looks at what a player does best

He knows talents and knows how to develop talent

I would say it would take 1 or 2 years it would take him to get us ready for a Chip

Honestly I'm intrigued by Mike Shanahan.
He always has a good running game, I love his zone-blocking scheme and west coast offense which would take Ryan and Julio's game to the next level.
If you could par him with a top notch DC that would be a great combination.
And he obviously has the track record which took the Broncos with Elway over the top with a running game to win a SB.

Thinking this as well. If Blank wants an 'A' list coach, this is the only guy left.

Getting to the playoffs is far from enough now. Do you think your top candidate can get the Falcons over the hump, and if so why? How long do you think it would take?

If dimitroff and Pioli are making the picks then no one will get us over the hump.

But now that Rex is gone I want Bowels. At least he is aggressive

Piolitroff are decent at rounding up a list of players, but we need a coach who will have say so over who the pick is.

Exactly. Bring in Bowls and give him the power to pick the players he wants and bring in the free agents he wants and I'm good

Josh McDaniels.. Matt Ryan is in the prime of his career, and his abilities need to be maximized at it's fullest. JMD can do that and compensate while the D is being rebuilt. No matter what others think, this D is going to be a couple of years project. I'm afraid if we bring in a D coach, They will bring in a status quo O coordinator and try timely rebuild ab awful defense. I'm afraid, we may be looking at a few 7-9, 8-8 seasons. But no matter who it is, I will support them