Josh Robinson

Too many here think you can get a star at RB in the late rounds. Josh Robinson seems to be a favorite late round terd to pursue. Josh isn't going to be anything special-think Vick Ballard.

From sports agent blog http://sportsagentblog.com/2015/01/03/mississippi-states-josh-robinson-running-after-his-dream/

Robinsons two breakout games came against LSU and Kentucky in which he rushed for 197 and 198 yards, respectively. However, in Mississippi States two biggest games of the season at Alabama and at Mississippi Robinson only managed to rush for a combined 81 yards on 24 carries (3.4 yds/a) with no touchdowns. This stat becomes more troubling to potential NFL teams looking for a running back after the nation witnessed Ohio States Ezekiel Elliot rush for 230 yards on 20 carries (11.5 yds/a) against the Tide in the Allstate Sugar Bowl, and TCUs combination of Aaron Green and Trevone Boykin ability to rush for 133 yards on 28 carries (4.75 yds/a) against the Rebels in the Chick-fil-a Peach Bowl. After Robinsons hot start to 2014 he failed to record a single rushing touchdown in his final six games his last one coming in Week 10 against Arkansas.

If Gurley is there in the second were taking him. Terd finders be dammed.

MJD2.0 guys.

If he were remotely close to MJD he would be a consensus top 3 running back. MJD was running a 4.39 40 yd dash coming out of UCLA. Josh is rated as the 19th rated back in this draft for a reason...he sux. MJD went in the 2nd round. I'd be surprised if Josh breaks 4.7 in the forty and I bet he goes un-drafted.

If he were remotely close to MJD he would be a consensus top 3 running back. MJD was running a 4.39 40 yd dash coming out of UCLA. Josh is rated as the 19th rated back in this draft for a reason...he sux. MJD went in the 2nd round. I'd be surprised if Josh breaks 4.7 in the forty and I bet he goes un-drafted.

I didn't say he's MJD, I said he's MJD 2.0. A poor man's MJD. I'd be happy to give him a shot. 4th round, maybe even 5th. His balance is special.

I didn't say he's MJD, I said he's MJD 2.0. A poor man's MJD. I'd be happy to give him a shot. 4th round, maybe even 5th. His balance is special.

Sorry bro. I've heard of teams drafting backs for their power, vision, burst, passblocking or speed but I've never heard of a guy being drafted for "special balance"

Sorry bro. I've heard of teams drafting backs for their power, vision, burst, passblocking or speed but I've never heard of a guy being drafted for "special balance"

Watch Robinson play. He's incredibly hard to knock off his feet. Whether you call it power or balance, it's a big deal in the NFL.

Watch Robinson play. He's incredibly hard to knock off his feet. Whether you call it power or balance, it's a big deal in the NFL.

I have watched the man play. Even the games where he was patient and found the hole he was just plain slow. A guy who finished as poorly as Josh did in college who still declares is a red flag to me too. Why wouldn't you stay, work on your game and actually have a shot at being drafted?

I have watched the man play. Even the games where he was patient and found the hole he was just plain slow. A guy who finished as poorly as Josh did in college who still declares is a red flag to me too. Why wouldn't you stay, work on your game and actually have a shot at being drafted?

You know, it's funny, everybody said Eddie Lacy and Le'Veon Bell were "just plain slow" a couple years ago, too. It's amazing how little straightline speed matters for RBs as long as they're able to break tackles, have consistent leg drive, and fall forward, all traits Robinson possesses.

This is getting entertaining now. You know more about defensive schemes than I will ever know. But you are fairly clueless on judging running back talent. If you had not said Emmitt Smith was an ordinary back in a previous thread I might be able to take your running back opinions seriously. You have called Josh MGD 2.0 and are now making comparisons to Eddie George and Leveon Bell? Hilarious

You know, it's funny, everybody said Eddie Lacy and Le'Veon Bell were "just plain slow" a couple years ago, too. It's amazing how little straightline speed matters for RBs as long as they're able to break tackles, have consistent leg drive, and fall forward, all traits Robinson possesses.

People are too concerned with long TDs. Give me 30 10 yard bruising runs a year over 3 50 yard TDs a year.

I'd be fine with a 6th. However, is he a moral risk or is he just dumb? I can't remember why he left Auburn.

I think a combination but it might be worth a risk. I found this.

He was suspended by Auburn in December 2011, late in his sophomore season, for failing a drug test. He admits he smoked marijuana and "spice," or synthetic marijuana. And he later testified in court that four former teammates used his .45 pistol in a robbery in March 2011 though he said the gun, which was legally purchased, was taken without permission. Although Dyer said he didn't believe his friends would go through with the robbery, he said he wanted no part of it and left their company when they began talking about it.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/ncaaf/2013/07/07/auburn-arkansas-baptist-michael-dyer/2496913/

• 3 weeks later...